Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Tape Measure

Zor95

Slicer
How about a custom item that functions as a tape measure?

Right-click to set the starting point and right-click again to get the measurements.

Artagan

Slicer
But then we wouldn't get to enjoy looking down at our feet and meticulously counting blocks anymore.

I s'pose the old "but that'd make us too not-vanilla minecraft" argument is out the window at this point.

mopb3

Slicer
Naaah, just count's fine. And if you struggle with counting, have Magpie do it. Magpie loves counting.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We use a gold axe to select regions for town zones. If I am right anyone can use that which tells you the distance between point a and b.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Golden axe just tells you the volume of blocks selected, not quite distance. However, you can use //size with a selection and it will give you position points, size, # blocks, and distance.

Lazuli73

Slicer
What I do whenever I need to measure a block distance is take the coords of each end and subtract the greater distance to the lesser one. You don't really need a complicated golden axe or a custome tape measure device if you have a calculator within reaching distance. Hell you are on a computer with an obvious Internet connection, just use the Google calculator. If in doubt consult Google.

Zor95

Slicer
Plz Lazuli. That's not even how humans function. We invent things to help us do more work with less effort. Coordinates often involve big numbers and you have to press a lot of buttons. Ideally this would require holding the item and right-clicking twice. //Size does work although it does require inputting commands every time and the results are messy. If nothing else is available it'll work, but my preference is having an actual item like the Bibliocraft mod has.

Lazuli73

Slicer
f1f37dae6935ca8351a3e36d32997d73.jpg

Back