Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Temporary Ban....

SirBucsAlot

Hi,

I tried to connect to Loka just now and it says I have a 24 hour ban. Says I was kick whilst connecting to Loka.

I wonder if it had anything to do with Thursday night. Everytime I tried to connect it said server is restarting and would boot me.

Is there a way to lift the ban? Or tell me if I didn somthing wrong?

Thanks!

SirBucsAlot

Defgnww

Slicer
Hi,

I tried to connect to Loka just now and it says I have a 24 hour ban. Says I was kick whilst connecting to Loka.

I wonder if it had anything to do with Thursday night. Everytime I tried to connect it said server is restarting and would boot me.

Is there a way to lift the ban? Or tell me if I didn somthing wrong?

Thanks!

SirBucsAlot
You were banned for stealing a named horse from someone on the server. Stealing named horses is against the rules.

SirBucsAlot

Hey,

So sorry! I didn't realize that. Just saw him out in the open and went for a ride... Wont do it again.

SirBucsAlot

Kobeyador

Slicer
I am not saying I am for or against this decision because I have not information on this incident... but I have a question... If a horse is just wondering around freely around the world, why would it not be ok to steal it? I can understand if the horse is in spawn protection/town protection/or leashed to a post while it is named it should not be stolen... but if it is outside of these instances and was ridden to this location and left... then wouldn't it still be counted as a ridden horse?

Last edited:

Ronshaud

Slicer
I am not saying I am for or against this decision because I have not information on this incident... but I have a question... If a horse is just wondering around freely around the world, why would it not be ok to steal it? I can understand if the horse is in spawn protection/town protection/or leashed to a post while it is named it should not be stolen... but if it is outside of these instances and was ridden to this location and left... then wouldn't it still be counted as a ridden horse?

Good point.

adderman500

Slicer
To find a named horse in the wild, clearly not associated with a particular town or settlement, is extraordinarily unlikely. If it happens again it may be worthwhile looking into the rules, but at this point I'm not sure one case is worth reviewing the rules for.

Ronshaud

Slicer
14. Horses
14.1. Only horses being ridden or used in PvP or raiding can be killed and stolen.

If the horse was already ridden by someone else, doesn't that mean it can be stolen?
I rid one of my townies horses in Dellsmite and I was killed on it then it was stolen by a raider.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
They mean actively being ridden and in PvP. A horse in the wild that has been ridden once (but has no rider when you find it) does not qualify for 14.1

Kobeyador

Slicer
My main concern is named horses being considered as safe property(when outside of spawn or protected areas) on a pvp/theft server.... unless they are currently being ridden,used in pvp, or raiding at the time of theft.
Hypothetically speaking.... If I was to take 10 names horses and placed them outside of spawn and no one is around to incite 14.1 at the time that I had departed from the horses.... would that basically mean that no one would be able to touch the free roaming named horses without receiving a temp ban? I know this is an extreme example but the question is: Do the rules, as they are stated currently, allow for this to occur.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The rules are as they are for simplicities sake. If we make the locations that you can steal named horses super specific there will be a lot of confusion. That is why I wrote the rule in that way, I know its not perfect but the rule is easy to follow so I think it works well.

Back