Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Knife

Artagan

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
What is The Knife?
How many are there?
What do they do?
How are they made?
How do they work?

There is isn't a "The Knife". Each knife is referred to seperately as a knife.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but only a few that we've had access to have actually worked. Andres knives beneath pallet and the obsidian one on the old world. And the one at the moon base, and the weird one in the old world now.

They're machines used for transportation from one world to another; they "slice" through space in order to transport someone or something. I once asked asymp if knives could also "slice" through time, he said that it had never been done.

It's sort of complicated how they work, but as I understand it there is a power source (power sources asymp has defined as suitable in the past are nuclear reactors made using lava, special batteries made using lava, water, gold and iron, and lighting rods). All of the knives apart from the one in the old world now have the same basic design, two power nodes lined up vertically within a short open chamber.

JocelynReed

Slicer
Anyone else have information on knives....could some include a photo of one.

I know newdood had one in Haven.....there was one in Def's old town

What are they made of? How are they built etc etc

mopb3

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
Anyone else have information on knives....could some include a photo of one.

I know newdood had one in Haven.....there was one in Def's old town

What are they made of? How are they built etc etc
No one managed to build one correctly yet, they just sorta cobble together what they thought was a knife.
Image_Of_Preksak.png

That there in the right, is a real knife albeit a very low power one.

Zor95

Slicer
mopb3 said:
No one managed to build one correctly yet, they just sorta cobble together what they thought was a knife.

Pallet's knives are built properly, they just lack a power source which is why only Preksak was able to use them. He had some sort of portable battery.

Back