Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Oath

MasterAegon

Slicer
The Oath

The torches burned low in The Den. The smell of sulfur in the stone made him feel at home, a mere tease of fire and explosion. It seemed every contemplative moment he had was within the confines of fire and brimstone. Beside him sat Def, one of his most trusted advisors and friend. These recent days of war and conflict left a trail that they were hesitant to walk but they took every step. Even though they disagreed sometimes, they took it in stride and continued to work together with pride in their alliance.

This was not a moment of conflict though. This was a very calculated moment that took careful consideration. Def and Aegon both looked at Ron from across the table with a careful stare. They looked at him as though he was about to make a decision that would change his life forever….and he was.

“You are aware of the decision you are making when you sign that scroll?” Aegon asked. Ron looked at it again as though to confirm there was nothing he missed.

“Yeah, I understand. This is what I wanna do.” Ron raised his eyes to meet theirs. The look he gave them was that of a man who was sure of his decision.

Aegon glanced at Def, at which point they nodded at one another. The leader of Dragonstone handed the quill over to Ron. As the newcomer was taking the feathered pen, they paused. A look was exchanged that told a tale which even words could not explain. There was an understanding there that surpassed the scroll which was about to be signed. It surpassed a handshake or any exchange of words. They nodded at one another and Ron took the quill. He scrawled his name onto the parchment and dotted afterward, sliding it then to the other men across from him.

“Please stand…” Aegon said as he stood with Def. Ron followed the command. “Please step to the brazier.”

To the side, there was a brazier burning brightly with a brand buried deep in the coals. Def lifted the iron rod with the white hot end from the embers. The light from the iron brand lit their faces in the dim light of the chamber. Ron glared forward unwavering. The determination and dedication to his new path was beyond admirable.

“Do you, Ronshaud Risewell, take the oath of the Argus alliance; swear to uphold the standards of Dragonstone and Argus; swear to denounce all previous loyalties and swear fealty to that of the Dragon and the principles of Argus?” Aegon spoke with an official tone, far different from his conversational approach when speaking to members of his alliance. Ron had been with them for weeks now. He was one of them. However, this was a different step. This was a step forward into a new world…

“I so swear it.”

At the moment his words were spoken, Def pressed the brand into his arm. The smell of burning flesh was a putrid stench paired with the sulfur. Aegon reveled in the smell. Ron only let out a small squelch of pain, refusing to show the agony he suffered under the heat of such a brand. He was now with the blood of the Dragon. He would rather die than show pain at the behest of fire in front of Aegon. Faint tendrils of smoke rose from the site of the brand as Def removed the metal. Ron shed no tears and would not look away from the leaders of his new alliance.

“Let it be known…” Aegon began, “you are of the Argus alliance now. You are bound to the blood of the Dragon and live in the name of Dragonstone. No matter where you go now, you will be bound. This is your life now.”

“I wouldn’t have it another way, Aegon.” he responded. The Dragon extended a hand and clasped Ron’s in a handshake. The brand on Ron’s skin was fresh and seeping blood. The same brand was on Aegon’s arm, mirrored in their handshake, though his was now a darkened scar that looked as though it were a birthmark.

“Welcome, Ronshaud Risewell….”

Last edited:

Jedoi

Slicer
They stole my brother. They stole my brother away from our cause, our friends, our family.
The words echoed in my mind for hours. I was entirely numb, except for the sharp, endless pain in my heart. I briefly opened by eyes to see the ceiling of Ron's house in Citadel. I had been laying on his floor all day, the dusty scent and darkness of the attic made it a perfect place to lie, doing nothing, feeling nothing. They stole my brother. I remembered back to what Lea had said to me long ago, and did just that. I murmured my thoughts aloud in a language I had no connection to... An elven language. Like Lea.

Like my brother.

And so I did. I stood up, and created a message just for Aegon.
"Ach neiat atra alfr deyja."

"You stole my brother." I said, hands shaking as I paced in the dark attic. "You stole my brother away from our cause, our friends, and our family. You stole him from me!"

"Oh, if you're going to steal him from me.... You better take care of him, Aegon!" I yelled, aware he probably wouldn't hear me. "It's bad enough you insult my leader and mentor, but you steal my brother? You claim you've done everything to help the Vanguard?! You forced us to trade him for peace! How could we have traded Ron for peace?! Because he was noble! He traded himself for the sake of his alliance! You don't deserve him!" I raged. My knees buckled and I was back on the floor again. I spoke again, taking a deep breath-

"If you're doing to steal my brother, Aegon, no, all of Argus. If you're going to steal him.... Ach niat alfy deyja."

--Do not let him die.--

Ronshaud

Slicer
As I sit in the cold darkness of my attic,
I think of Jedoi Avalos and the rest of the
Vanguardians about how great of a time
We've all had in the past year. All the ups
And downs we've had each other back.

I've made a new decision after joining Argus for peace. I've gotten very attached to the members in the Argus Alliance and decided that I belong here.

I then start to think about when Aegon and I made our first agreement. When we met, we made a bond and said "No matter what, we are always bros!" Those words stood with me everytime I talked to him or seen him.

Yeah, I've moved on, signed the contract. It's what I've always wanted, to travel to different towns. Was just afraid of what my fellow friends would say about it. Now that I have this scar, my decision is final.

I am now considered an official Argus member.

Jedoi

Slicer
He's now an official Argus member. I thought. And not long ago, he was one of the most important members of Vanguard. Oh how thinks can change. I opened my eyes dully and looked around. A twinkle of purple caught my eye from the corner.

I rushed over as I realised what it was. I picked up the small purple stone, eyes widening as I discovered my theory correct. It was one of Ron's Ender-stones. I closed fist around it and closed my eyes tightly.

Ron?

Back