Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implement in Future Town Achievements

Is it worth adding a new achievement system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koi0001

Guardian
What would town achievements be?
Town achievements would be extremely similar to the player achievement list except customised to fit towns. For example these achievements would be able to show if a town at one stage owned a continent or had 25+ members online at once. This would solely serve as a list of achievements a town has obtained over time without any benefit to the players/town. If needed orbs/temporary tax productions could be added as a bonus for towns reaching goals.

Why would we have town achievements?
After the first couple weeks I've noticed many new towns lose sight of goals or what they're meant to be doing on the server and become bored/disinterested. With this system it would allow players to aim for something if they're running out of things to do on Loka. Not only would the server obtain a new achievement system but this could also add initiative for players to recruit more, explore the server and use the already standing server mechanics more.

How would this work after a town died?
I'm aware that with the current system after a town dies players can no longer access information regarding that town (Location, level, etc). However, if towns are resettled on the tiles they were with the same name they're able to regain some of the past info about the town, I believe this happened to one of Xovious's past towns on Ascalon. It would be useful for players to be able to look up old towns after stumbling into the ruins and seeing the achievements it had which would allow them to gain an understanding of the type of town it was.

What kind of achievements would start this off?
The first examples of achievements for a start are:
Reaching 1,000 shards in Tgen -
Reaching 5,000 shards in Tgen -
Reaching 10,000 shards in Tgen -
Reaching 50,000 shards in Tgen -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reaching 10 active players -
Reaching 15 active players -
reaching 20 active players -
reaching 30 active players -
Claiming 10 territories -
Claiming 20 foreign territories -
Claiming 30 territories -
Claiming the majority of Rivina -
Claiming the majority of Balak -
Creating an alliance -
Reaching level 10 -
Reaching level 15 -
Reaching level 20 -
Calling reinforcements -
This is just an extremely broad suggestion, if we could implement this into the server it would help new players understand what they should aim for to get a successful town and allow older players something to grind towards.

Criticism and suggestion is appreciated, it should be noted that this will definitely change if to be considered which is why it's important to give feedback regardless of how minor it may be.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
It's something that we will look into when revamping achievements as a whole. This will be both individual achievements as well as towns. However there are a few things that we will focus on prior to this. Myself and crypt are always working away on many things.

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
It's something that we will look into when revamping achievements as a whole. This will be both individual achievements as well as towns. However there are a few things that we will focus on prior to this. Myself and crypt are always working away on many things.
Is one of those things an invincible parrot companion as a choice in the store? :p

Back