Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Town Visiting

As i was about to start my town yesterday i looked back to all the times i was visiting another town with /tp as a nomad, but now that i am a settler, my friends in other towns have no way to show off any cool builds or contraptions. I think it would be awesome if a way to visit other towns was implemented for settlers. I have no clue how you would be able to do it so sorry for that but i just think it would be a fun helpful addition.

Grubul

Slicer
Im a grumpy dude, but at start i was against any teleporting at all, but we still did get /tpa for nomads...

if the game will be made too easy, it will become too boring :/ today i walked 13 000 blocks to see snoopgirafe, so its not that bad.

It would be a grear idea to coordinate with allied/friendly towns to build a road system for faster transit and keep your horse from get trapped in trees.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Loka is too easy as it is already

That's because Minecraft as a whole is too easy.

It would be a grear idea to coordinate with allied/friendly towns to build a road system for faster transit and keep your horse from get trapped in trees.

Chuck has the right idea. People should start coordinating if they want faster travel. Perhaps, I don't know, an extensive nether rail system would suffice. *cough cough*

Lazuli73

Slicer
I thought that was what was the whole point of world rail but I guess that idea keeled over and died a long time ago. Back when I first joined we had a fully functional world rail with several towns connected to it, why can we have that on this server? Having it as a community project is taking forever (mostly because no one is doing it) and it would be easier to have Crypt coding wizzard it for us. However as for town protection we could maybe add some kind town train station as a leveling reward that would allow safe entry because it would require two parties to function (ie a town owner and whoever wants to visit pushing buttons at the same time).

mopb3

Slicer
I thought that was what was the whole point of world rail but I guess that idea keeled over and died a long time ago. Back when I first joined we had a fully functional world rail with several towns connected to it, why can we have that on this server? Having it as a community project is taking forever (mostly because no one is doing it) and it would be easier to have Crypt coding wizzard it for us. However as for town protection we could maybe add some kind town train station as a leveling reward that would allow safe entry because it would require two parties to function (ie a town owner and whoever wants to visit pushing buttons at the same time).
It's likely this would have to be a community project again still, and there's no reason it couldn't be done.

Lazuli73

Slicer
How is the world rail a community project of none of the community is working on it? I never said it can't be, but it's not until someone starts doing it again. It is a lot of work to mine out 5000 3x3 tunnels, one way, make it even and lay tracks. If we want easier town to town travel I'm just saying we should consider getting our buts into gear and finish the world rail instead of more tp lineage.

Grubul

Slicer
if some tracks are stolen, they dont cost much to make. we can repair them.

We have to get out of our comfort zone of not taking the risk

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
IMO The World Rail still should be a Community Project. It shouldn't really have to be up to me or the admin team to finish projects started by the community just because they aren't finished by the community. That's why they're community projects! I've actually done some 'magic' to extend one of the world rail branches. It'd be much cooler if the community finished it :p

Psychedelic98

Slicer
How is the world rail a community project of none of the community is working on it? I never said it can't be, but it's not until someone starts doing it again. It is a lot of work to mine out 5000 3x3 tunnels, one way, make it even and lay tracks. If we want easier town to town travel I'm just saying we should consider getting our buts into gear and finish the world rail instead of more tp lineage.

Back