Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Trailer

Jedoi

Slicer
When you're watching something on TV, and see a trailer for a new movie that looks interesting, do you ever want to see it, or to check it out? Thats wat we need. No, not a movie, we need a Trailer Video for Loka. We could show awesome buildings, and spawn (And spawn town when it comes in) and PvP arenas, VotA, and towns and stuff, and of course, RP. This, I think, may bring a couple people here and also, I think it would be really fun to work on. Yes good idea or no bad idea?

Lazuli73

Slicer
I agree, also we should make a mc parody of La Vida Loka called Playin' The Server Loka.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Both these ideas sound great. Someone should really, REALLY do this. Make it simple, make it long, but do it. (The trailer thing)

K

KenuDragonfire

A trailer closer to this would probably fit our server better:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4leT3YbB79U[/youtube]

Psychedelic98

Slicer
That brought me to tears. It was seriously awesome, but it made me think. What if we had different trailers for each group of towns(Power, Wealth, Beauty, Knowledge, Outlaw)? The downside is it's five times the work, but it will give us the opportunity to appeal to more people.

Jedoi

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
What if we had different trailers for each group of towns(Power, Wealth, Beauty, Knowledge, Outlaw)? The downside is it's five times the work, but it will give us the opportunity to appeal to more people.

Or we could write the word "Beauty"on the screen, and show the most beautiful town (How can we show Asgard though?) then write the word "Wealth" and show a very rich-looking town, and write the word "Knowledge" and perhaps show a town with a library, and then "Outlaw" and their town, and maybe them in the process of a raid? Maybe not. Its the choice of the outlaws'.

Leasaur

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
What do you guys think about something like this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gopgiudWus4[/youtube]
I love Age of Empires!!
(Age of Mythology is better though :p It has a dragon with antlers and is my entire source of Norse knowledge for RPs)
Maybe we could do something like that, the transitions at the start are very cool. Maybe transitions between flyovers of Loka towns and spawn (Crypt, you do have the old map saved somewhere, right?) and then at the end we put in a video of egg-fights after BG :)
P.S.
KenuDragonfire said:
A trailer closer to this would probably fit our server better:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4leT3YbB79U[/youtube]
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. But *ahem* maybe a more.. serious? trailer would suit our epic server better :)

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Leasaur said:
I love Age of Empires!!
(Age of Mythology is better though :p It has a dragon with antlers and is my entire source of Norse knowledge for RPs)
Maybe we could do something like that, the transitions at the start are very cool. Maybe transitions between flyovers of Loka towns and spawn (Crypt, you do have the old map saved somewhere, right?) and then at the end we put in a video of egg-fights after BG :)
P.S.
All of the Age games are pretty good, but I just recall the start to that one being the best. Age of Mythology's start might be cool for knowledge or something more lore based.
Leasaur said:
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. But *ahem* maybe a more.. serious? trailer would suit our epic server better :)
This is why I think we should do multiple trailers. One to show the might and power of pvp, one to show the majestic buildings of loka, one to show our constant pursuit of knowledge, one to show our chasing and hoarding of wealth, and one to show the funny side of raiding. I can plan out and edit the movie if people will volunteer to "act" and record.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I could provide the locales we might need to reenact scenes from certain historical events if need be as well.

Jedoi

Slicer
We should use this music.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kYWzg3RUpc[/youtube]

Back