Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Transporting books and maps to the new world

Artagan

Slicer
I'm currently using all of my enderchest space and a fair portion of my double chest space to preserve all of the at least semi-valuable literature in Loka for the new world, as well as maps of several towns and landmarks. I wanted to make this thread as a request for some special means of transportation for these outside of my personal storage; I'm willing to sacrifice my personal storage for it, but if I can I'd like to procure some special means of transport for them on account of their value to posterity.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I cannot help you with this regarding maps, but I do mean to personally bring over a copy of each book, so consider those free-to-transfer so, let's say throw a copy of each book you want to bring over into the library and I'll transfer those myself.

Also note that you can use a bookpress to copy maps.

I guess in regards to, like, "secret" literature, you may still be on your own to transfer those, but I might be able to figure out something.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
I cannot help you with this regarding maps, but I do mean to personally bring over a copy of each book, so consider those free-to-transfer so, let's say throw a copy of each book you want to bring over into the library and I'll transfer those myself.

And let it sit in the library's basement or should I arrange for it to be placed in a shelf?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
If they're books not meant to be kept secret, then yeah I guess they could just be filtered into the library for whatever new one we build in the new world? Otherwise I guess people will have to use their chest slots for their secret books.

Leasaur

Slicer
Dammit Art, you've discovered my secret plan to bring over maps, copy them and make a fortune selling them :)

Back