Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Undo or alter the town transfer changes

SilentStormSix

Sentry
I recently moved to Garama because I wanted to leave the frozen hellhole that was Kalros for my once a year outside in the sun (outside of Kalros) and I was troubled by the realization that I'd not be able to own my town for two months.

The update post for the aforementioned pain says that the update was made so that people would care about their towns and that giving away ownership was a big deal, but for people like me this update just makes playing the game less convenient overall, as "hold my town for a month" has now become "hold my town for two months while I sit in it as a subowner". I'm not sure why I have to be inconvenienced as a town owner for wanting to play the game on a different continent for a little bit. This also has not discouraged pop-up towns that just get leveled up to the almost bare minimum to enjoy the game (joining an alliance/maybe Pearl Gates?) that just join an alliance and then just self-destruct once they are bored, they don't exist after this due to a lack of town selling, overall decreasing the odds that a real town actually exists or takes form.

Town selling was also a concern but the problem is, is that the state of the server encourages short-lived towns and constantly moving, as the center of action always changes from month to month and notably mostly always excludes Kalros. Instead of punishing/inconveniencing the maybe 3 town owners that want to move every so often (me), why not include incentives to keep long-standing, active towns, for example: a town that has 30 active members and that has been around for a few months has an upkeep decrease, or something like that.

There will always be those who move around incessantly as long as the server environment continues to breed that type of gameplay, those who may have wanted to purchase a town now just make one at its bare minimum state and delete it once its usefullness has ran out, the ones inconvenienced by this update are not town sellers, as the town would just most likely get deleted anyway if not sold, the ones inconvienced are those with long-standing towns only. The belief that the towns not being easily transferred leads to them being less valuable is true, but the main reasoning as stated at the end of the log is that it is meant to reduce the number of towns, which it does not do, it just cycles who owns a specific tile every time the main attraction moves, the motivation to build is nearly non-existant as you are not rewarded for staying put, you are actually discouraged from staying put as you'll often be bored as the main point of the server is conquest.

I know that @garama pirated my idea and put it into a shorter cope form (as opposed to my longer cope form) in another forum post but this one provides the necessary perspective from someone affected by the change.

LightAndDqrk

Slicer
you are right about this, instead of buying towns, more town opening actions started to be shown, while the towns decreased and their value was wanted to increase, on the contrary, the towns multiplied and the garama reached a level where almost no towns were created, it is nice to change the continent once in a while, but because of this update, it does not give the old pleasure, waiting for the ownership of that town for 1 month is an extremely ridiculous update to me, I am sure that most people feel the same way.

Nekometa

Slicer
+1 it gets extremelly boring owning a town sometimes especially when your continent hasnt had a fun conquest month in ages and now, because of the 30 day owner cooldown your just forced to stay on your town without moving continents and wait until the whole server decides to move to your town's continent

Swin

Slicer
+1 never actually owned a town, but this rule makes being owner of a town boring as hell.Not everyone can get someone else to stay with them 1 whole month, just so they can move out.

Last edited:

Deevil

Sentry
Honestly, they implemented this change recently so I don't think they are going to remove it, but they could modify it. As the owner of a town I think that 1 month is too long, as other people say, the loka conquests change a lot each month, maybe one month is garama and the next it is ascalon and it is difficult to find someone who can hold the town for 1 month .
And yes, it is really boring to see how all the conquests are on another continent and you have to stay in your town because there is no one who can hold it for the time you are in another town + 1 more month when you return.
I understand the idea of this new change but I think that 1 week or at most 2 would be ideal!

ElAkame

Slicer
Honestly, they implemented this change recently so I don't think they are going to remove it, but they could modify it. As the owner of a town I think that 1 month is too long, as other people say, the loka conquests change a lot each month, maybe one month is garama and the next it is ascalon and it is difficult to find someone who can hold the town for 1 month .
And yes, it is really boring to see how all the conquests are on another continent and you have to stay in your town because there is no one who can hold it for the time you are in another town + 1 more month when you return.
I understand the idea of this new change but I think that 1 week or at most 2 would be ideal!
+1 I agree with deevil here, a 2 week cooldown should suffice as there is a one week cooldown before rejoining the town, you would only have to wait a week after rejoining to regain full ownership of the town.

Deevil

Sentry
you would only have to wait a week after rejoining to regain full ownership of the town.
It's not like that.
Now when you leave the town you have to wait 1 week to be able to join and then 1 month in the town to be able to have the full owner so if they change it the 2 weeks start counting once you join the town again. That's why I said that 1 week (since you are a member of the town) or at max 2 would be great.

Last edited:

ElAkame

Slicer
It's not like that.
Now when you leave the town you have to wait 1 week to be able to join and then 1 month in the town to be able to have the full owner so if they change it the 2 weeks start counting once you join the town again. That's why I said that 1 week (since you are a member of the town) or at max 2 would be great.
Yeah sorry, my brain stopped working. 2 weeks within being in the town should be enough.

LightAndDqrk

Slicer
2 weeks is a lot, but it's still better than a month. :washedup:

Cossassis

i mean i believe that 30 days is a bit dum dum but I mean it would make sense to make it the same time period of if u leave a town and then try to join that same town back there is a cooldown of 7 days. I think owner transfership should be 7 days instead of 30.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
yeah but who’s going to support that many towns those towns will fall eventually to owners not caring anymore and moving to a main town
Then they'll want to remake the town or a new one. Then move back to a main town. It's a cycle. And one that's not particularly healthy to a functioning server imo

Swin

Slicer
town loyalty was the main concern if I remember correctly. Don't want 500 trash towns scattered across the world that no-one would use.
it made exacly the oposite of it, no one buys towns now, because there is no point, you buy a town and you and the person who is selling it to you have to wait a whole month to switch ownership(making it boring ash, and easier to scam people) I dont think loka staff made a good choice on adding this concept. People instead of buying towns now, create them so they wont wait a month, the prove of it is looking at garama that in one month i risk to say there where created at least 3 more towns (making the continent fully spammed on towns, and having like 2/3 tiles available to make one).

Swin

Slicer
it made exacly the oposite of it, no one buys towns now, because there is no point, you buy a town and you and the person who is selling it to you have to wait a whole month to switch ownership(making it boring ash, and easier to scam people) I dont think loka staff made a good choice on adding this concept. People instead of buying towns now, create them so they wont wait a month, the prove of it is looking at garama that in one month i risk to say there where created at least 3 more towns (making the continent fully spammed on towns, and having like 2/3 tiles available to make one).
There is also another post on the forums about it, it just seems that the community didn’t like it, staff must find a solution to it or completely remove it, in my opinion.

Swin

Slicer
Don't act like you didn't have a part in this.

You guys couldn't behave. So you put yourself in timeout.
Also the solution for that is improving the actives on a town so it wont fall, Eneria(still standing) was standing for 2 month with 1 single active, Fruitopia(was deleted by froggy and not by itself) was 1 month with 2 actives and didnt fall (at the time it was deleted the rule was still 3 actives for it to be safe from falling, ithink now its 5 idk) Same with eldritch ithink. But still all this towns are/were good(in terms of build, history etc) but we should have no remorse with them and with the bad ones too, i also dont want MrBanana281’s Town standing there for a year and not being used for nothing

(Replied to the wrong msg it was supposed the be the one above you posted)

Last edited:

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
it made exacly the oposite of it, no one buys towns now,
Which... was the goal? The admins didn't like town selling, so they made it harder to buy towns.
because there is no point, you buy a town and you and the person who is selling it to you have to wait a whole month to switch ownership(making it boring ash, and easier to scam people)
You're never going to be able to stop the scams from occurring, it's just not possible in an active server. Also, what makes scamming easier? It appears to have the same issues that regular town selling had previously.
I dont think loka staff made a good choice on adding this concept. People instead of buying towns now, create them so they wont wait a month, the prove of it is looking at garama that in one month i risk to say there where created at least 3 more towns (making the continent fully spammed on towns, and having like 2/3 tiles available to make one).
That is the result of basic economics, high demand, but not enough supply. It makes having a Garaman Town worth more. I don't see how that's an issue unless you're talking about conquest, but why do you need to own a town to participate in conquest? It'll eventually die down, and if not, I don't see an issue with it either.

Sure, Garama wasn't as packed as it was now, especially before town selling, but I would rather like to think this is because of the growth of the server, which was only slightly intensified due to the bureaucratic nature that now comes with selling towns.

Also the solution for that is improving the actives on a town so it wont fall, Eneria(still standing) was standing for 2 month with 1 single active, Fruitopia(was deleted by froggy and not by itself) was 1 month with 2 actives and didnt fall (at the time it was deleted the rule was still 3 actives for it to be safe from falling, ithink now its 5 idk) Same with eldritch ithink.
It was always three, they simply brought on sleepers for 30-40 minutes, then had them log off. Unless if they did something else.
But still all this towns are/were good(in terms of build, history etc) but we should have no remorse with them and with the bad ones too,
Which is why town prices were hiked up? So those 1 man towns had to actually be actually active, or fall to the crevices of time.

Back