Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Unofficial Nomad Camps Preview

Should i make more things?

• Total voters

Itsredstonepro

Muted
Hiii đź‘‹
Yeah i've been learning java for fun and while learning i made this, it came up to my mind to create a little preview ,just for entertainmaint. This is not official but a player made preview. These are my looks/opinions on how nomad camps should work. They may differ from yours. Any suggestions/modifications are welcome.

Enjoy! :)

(Turn on subtitles)

Andward

Slicer
Looks great but how will placing fights on camps work having the golems spawn on the camp sounds risky because you also live inside the camp and respawn there so can’t you just get spawn killed ?

Broquu

Guardian
This idea, is a great start, but camps are going to be intended for new players, so I dont like the idea of them being on one of the three main continents where they can get attacked. A camp would have to be really easy to maintain and teach people how to play loka. I really like what you've come up with how they are made. overall very creative :D

And i do think you should definitely see if you can step in and help with expanding and optimizing the camps update.

Itsredstonepro

Muted
Looks great but how will placing fights on camps work having the golems spawn on the camp sounds risky because you also live inside the camp and respawn there so can’t you just get spawn killed ?
My idea was that the extra golems will just spawn at the tile's t-gen battle, to remove those camp's you can fight the tile's t-gen (after 7days) but with the extra golems. After that a 24h grace period before the camp self destructs. Then a cooldown of 48h before new ones can be made.

This idea, is a great start, but camps are going to be intended for new players, so I dont like the idea of them being on one of the three main continents where they can get attacked. A camp would have to be really easy to maintain and teach people how to play loka. I really like what you've come up with how they are made. overall very creative :D

And i do think you should definitely see if you can step in and help with expanding and optimizing the camps update.
Also sounds like a great idea, an small island where new players (0-3 weeks maybe) create their camps, maybe it would also be an option to create them on the main 3 continents but that would not be advised to new players. I will help where i can, at least with giving idea's.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Fwiw camps will likely be on the three continents specifically so that you would be able to make a camp and later turn it into a town.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
This is great work! Love the ideas here. To add some clarity on current camp ideas (which are still being thought out, for what it's worth):

- Camps are indeed for new players but they are the new way to eventually create Towns. As a result they will be found pre-populated in territories (much like tgens/inhibs). You will simply pick a camp spot you like and then occupy it, granting you a portion of full block control over that bit of the territory. Eventually you'll be able to progress your camp to a point that it will become a town. The traditional "fight a tgen to make a town" concept will go away entirely.

- The whole idea of Camps is to get newer players into a place where they have their "piece of land on Loka" as fast as possible (without the steep hill of figuring out tgen battles, needing 3 friends to make a town, etc). So, they have to be on continents and we have no plans at this time to make a "separate noob island camp world" or anything since camps are all about starting you on the path to town, conquest, capital, etc.

But I love the initiative and the smooth YT video! Great stuff! 10 points to gryffindor.

Back