Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Usage of VPN for Asian players.

Asynchronized

Slicer
I get it makes the game of whack-a-mole a whole lot larger when everyone can do it but VPNs will always be used that way regardless, there will always be banned players trying to alt with any method they can find. So why bother? its clearly hurting the community more to ban them whilst players still alt regardless

Last edited:

ThePigGang

Guardian
I get it makes the game of whack-a-mole a whole lot larger when everyone can do it but VPNs will always be used that way regardless, there will always be banned players trying to alt with any method they can find. So why bother? its clearly hurting the community more to ban them whilst players still alt regardless
If the frequency of ban evaders getting caught using a VPN was a rare occurence I would be inclined to agree with you but thats just not true. Things like this are difficult to explain with precise detail as we can not publically share the intricacies of how our system works for obvious reasons.

It does not help when people assume that a high number of bans for alting indicates a flawed system on our end. In reality the reason you see so many bans for ban evasion is because our alt detection system is extremely effective compared to most minecraft servers. We literally have staff from different servers use information from our /find to ban people on their server.

Melon

It seems the problem with VPNs being allowed for current players is that IPs could no longer be used to determine whether or not it is really you playing on your account. Could a potential solution for this be (I don’t even know if it’s possible), finding a way to verify that a Minecraft client is a singular instance across two different logins, one under the players actual IP and a second login with the VPN. This would ensure that it is the actual player on the account and that no one can use a shared VPN in order to access it. Whether or not it’s possible to do through a plugin idk, you guys might have already considered this and know it’s not, but I was just thinking of something like a cookie. Maybe mc doesn’t allow for anything like that tho.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It seems the problem with VPNs being allowed for current players is that IPs could no longer be used to determine whether or not it is really you playing on your account. Could a potential solution for this be (I don’t even know if it’s possible), finding a way to verify that a Minecraft client is a singular instance across two different logins, one under the players actual IP and a second login with the VPN. This would ensure that it is the actual player on the account and that no one can use a shared VPN in order to access it. Whether or not it’s possible to do through a plugin idk, you guys might have already considered this and know it’s not, but I was just thinking of something like a cookie. Maybe mc doesn’t allow for anything like that tho.

At what point have we raised the barrier of entry to even getting on to Loka so high that it becomes too hard to access or requires even more time for staff to review all of this. This is on top of the high amount of checks we already use which go well beyond most other MC servers.

We're simply arguing too much around the real problem which is that in no usual circumstance do games have their Asia players connect to servers in Eastern US. The real solution is that Loka's growth leads to regional servers. As we've said, we plainly do not have a big enough population to do this with EU even, let along an AS region as it would split the playerbase and more or less kill all of the servers.

Help us grab us some YouTubers etc so we can grow the server enough to add regional servers!

Back