Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Winds of the Past

Commander_12

Slicer
It was 3 AM in Auru. Commander was walking along the old stone path, east of the Spire. New Auru’s construction was coming along swimmingly. In just a week, many people had joined the new town and houses were being lit up with the presence of life. Once mighty trees that had grown over everything were no longer there.

It was alive again, no longer ruins. It had a beating pulse again and that brought Commander nothing but joy. Something new was born out of the ashes of the past. Commander was walking back to his residence and a light drizzle had descended upon the land. He walked along the stone path lit up by the Netherrack beacons.

Entering his house, he hung up his armour to dry and sat in front of his fireplace. Pulling out a bottle of mead, he slowly drank it. Sighing, he leaned back in his chair.

While, many new people had joined, many of the old Aurualians had not returned. Many had scattered to the winds, or to Edgewind on the far side of the world or to realms unknown. This saddened Commander but he knew that this was part of life. It was up to him, Jedoi and the next generation of Aurulians to decide where they stood in the ever changing world of Loka.

Leaning back in his chair, Commander closed his eyes. Suddenly, the door behind him blew wide open. Commander reached immediately for his sword and stood on guard. A mysterious hooded figure had entered into his house.

“Whoever you are, you better start talking before I take out your kneecaps”.

“Relax, old friend. It is just me. Is that how you greet an old friend? With threats of violence?”

The figure pulled down his hood. It was Wizardteepot. A figure Commander hadn’t seen in decades.

Commander laid down his sword and hugged him dearly.

“Why have you come? I thought you were in Edgewind?” Commander asked

“I have to come to say goodbye. I am departing for realms unknown. But I must give you this and warn you of what Loka must face in the centuries to come. It is far in the future, but the threat still remains.”

“What on Earth are you talking about?”

“Here, take this.”

“What is it?” Commander asked

“It’s… a shard of… a knife…”Tee said with a dramatic pause

Commander had ventured into the world of Loka from his home world of Grimdale but he was never here when the worlds of the previous ages were created. He only knew this current world as his own. But he knew the tales and the stories as told to him by Jed and many others. Even though they were 100% true and did happen, Commander treated them as ancient legend and myth.

Yet, currently in his hand was proof of that past. And the threat it represented in the future.

Commander gasped and the piece of the artifact dropped to the ground. It was just a hunk of metal but it dropped to the floor with a thundering sound.

“Why would you bring this accursed thing here? Why me? I was never here for any of this!”

“ I am warning those once closest to me. Although the threat is far off, it is coming sooner than you think.”

“No, it can’t be. We’ve been for so long and we haven’t seen HIM for thousands of years at this point… you don’t mean… Preksak?”

The name hung in the air like a foul smell, just like Preksak himself. Commander knew he was still out there somewhere despite the fact many people believed him to be dead. There hadn’t been a sighting of him in millennia by Lokan standards. Time work differently from where Commander came from.

“ I am not long for this world, Commander. I don’t have the power like I once had to face him. It’s up to you to stop him. You must travel to beyond the first world.”

“But nothing remains of the previous realms, Tee. What is beyond them?”

“That is up to you to find out.”

“ I can’t leave Auru. We’re finally getting back up on our feet. Enemies are at our doorstep seeking to destroy us.”

“But you must. The fate of Loka and so much more relies on you.”

Commander, put his hand to his temples and squeezed them. Commander had been on many adventures throughout his lifetime on Loka. He thought he had been on his last. But fate had something else in store for him.

“I must go now, friend. My time is running out. I must go see my son, Jedoi.”

Commander sighed and felt tears welling up in his eyes.

“At least let me guide you to them and to the gates. I have a lot to do to after that.”

And with that, Commander wrapped his arms around Tee and they walked out the door to his house, back out into the drizzling rain.

It would rain much more in the night, but it was tears instead.

Night had settled over Aladra. Everyone was out enjoying the town market or on their way home through the town portals. A mood of celebration hung in the air and fireworks were being launched by some. But in the far off distance, up into the mountains, a figure sat. The figure sat taking it all in. But it wasn’t with a feeling of joy they felt when they saw the sights below them. It was a feeling of hatred and anger. Of what it represented. It would soon be all gone, wiped clean and remade in his image.

People were obsessed with recreating the past and feeling nostalgia, he thought. Well, the figure longed for a past thousands of years ago.

Wearing his purple hood and his red eyes glowering, Preksak stepped onto his portable knife and teleported out of Aladra.

He now stood in his lab, looking at up at the glass walls and ceilings that looked out into nothingness. Surrounding him were thousands of versions of him, Artifices.

Preksak walked over to a computer screen and turned it on. Before him, was an image of the Spire, his old creation.

“ It is time… to fix the past…” Preksak said and laughter started echoing his lab. It wasn’t a funny laugh, but a sick, evil laugh full of menace and malice.

Loka was in incredible danger like never before.

Back