Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Zor95 applying for Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zor95

Slicer

Current rank: Slicer

Which rank you are applying for: Guardian

What you think is expected of this rank:

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
Meowth!
That's right!

Why you think you should become this rank:

I know I said I never wanted to be an admin again. When I said being a Guardian was hell I meant it. I really do enjoy combat and raiding and blowing stuff up, but since I've been in college and my time has been so limited it really isn't worth it. I've been making friends with my old enemies lately and honestly I can't raid them anymore. I'd feel terrible. So... I suppose it's time for the most feared sheep in the galaxy to retire. Also, as I review this forum I see a great team of admins forming that will take the load off of me that I carried last time off of me.

That's why I am now applying. What makes me Guardian material? I've been playing Minecraft for two and a half years, I am one of the most active if not the most active player on the server, I have a lot of experience with admin commands and I know how to spot x-rayers and hackers with very high accuracy. I was a Sentry for five months and a Guardian almost two and during that time I took care of the vast majority of bans. I am well liked by almost the entire server (*cough* Cathedral) and even though I am not currently an admin and haven't been for over a month I am still consulted almost every day about kicks and bans. I am very unbiased (for those of you who will argue this, please provide examples). I am very involved with the making of server rules and plugins that are added to the server. The times that I play often have no admin at all and with the wave of newbs now coming in we really need one. I also like cake.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also plan to get very involved in role-playing and Guardian powers will be somewhat vital. Asymp, I need to talk to you about this.

When you started playing on the server: July 2011

Time zone in relation to GMT: CST (- 6:00)

How often do you play (hours a day/week): I'm at college so it varies but currently I'm playing at least 3 hours a day.

computern

Slicer
I agree. You Have very little to Gain from raiding and pvp-ing these days and retiring and becoming a guardian sounds like the best option. I agree with Andre. We know you will not dissapoint.

mopb3

Slicer
My opinions on this are already known to all I'm sure but I would like to remind everyone that when people get demoted, for whatever reason, this should not easily be forgotten. If it is decided that Zor is to be trusted again, I might suggest that he is made a Sentry rather than a Guardian, but I should stress I think having him in any position where he could potentially harm the server as such unwise.

Zor95

Slicer
mopb3 said:
My opinions on this are already known to all I'm sure but I would like to remind everyone that when people get demoted, for whatever reason, this should not easily be forgotten. If it is decided that Zor is to be trusted again, I might suggest that he is made a Sentry rather than a Guardian, but I should stress I think having him in any position where he could potentially harm the server as such unwise.

Huh... haven't you been demoted before Mop?

The accusations against me and the reason I was demoted was entirely combat related. Now that PvP is banned from Guardians unless it is an organized activity there is no danger in having me as an admin. If I was to become a Sentry I would still have access to PvP and we'd be doing this all over again.

It should also be noted that while you are a great asset to the server Mop, you do not need your powers to do what you do. I've actually never even see you use them for admin purposes. What you're best at is building towns, and what I'm best at is the management of this server.

mopb3

Slicer
Zor95 said:
mopb3 said:

Huh... haven't you been demoted before Mop?

The accusations against me and the reason I was demoted was entirely combat related. Now that PvP is banned from Guardians unless it is an organized activity there is no danger in having me as an admin. If I was to become a Sentry I would still have access to PvP and we'd be doing this all over again.

It should also be noted that while you are a great asset to the server Mop, you do not need your powers to do what you do. I've actually never even see you use them for admin purposes. What you're best at is building towns, and what I'm best at is the management of this server.
Alright, I said we should talk, but you want me to respond here, so ok;

I have been demoted, but this thread isn't about me it is rather about yourself.

The reason you were demoted was not entirely combat based and even if it was i'm not entirely sure I would trust you to not to kill or steal, there are ways of going undetected even a novice could think of, so it boils down more to trust than anything else and trust is something one has to earn back after being demoted.

Thirdly, I use my powers for administrative purposes and I would rather appreciate it if you would not attempt to take digs at me at seemingly every possible chance you get.

With regards now to your neutrality, you are by no means neutral. Case and point; You have been the instigator of most of the wars of the third age.

Zor95

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Alright, I said we should talk, but you want me to respond here, so ok;

I have been demoted, but this thread isn't about me it is rather about yourself.

The reason you were demoted was not entirely combat based and even if it was i'm not entirely sure I would trust you to not to kill or steal, there are ways of going undetected even a novice could think of, so it boils down more to trust than anything else and trust is something one has to earn back after being demoted.

Thirdly, I use my powers for administrative purposes and I would rather appreciate it if you would not attempt to take digs at me at seemingly every possible chance you get.

With regards now to your neutrality, you are by no means neutral. Case and point; You have been the instigator of most of the wars of the third age.

There have been two "wars". One against Computern and one against Cookielvlonsta. As you can read above Computern obviously supports me so whatever conflict we had is now resolved and I consider him a friend. I talked to Cookie before posting this application and he too supports me.

You had an entire thread devoted to your abuse Mop and before Nouv posted it Crypt himself said he has received many complaints about you. But you're right, this is about me. Crypt came on as console and told me in public chat that I was demoted for vanishing in combat. I've already explained this and why it is false. If there is more evidence then please post it publicly and it's rather rude I have not been given a chance to defend myself.

Zor95

Slicer
Anyways... any other objections?

I'd like Crypt's and/or Mag's input before the final judgement or whatnot.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Basically we know you guys don't like each other, but fortunately for you both, we aren't evaluating our decisions based on the fact that you both are enemies. We'll be evaluating you both based on how we think you'll perform as admins to the server. If you break the whole non-pvp code, you know what will happen, it's that simple.

Artagan

Slicer
you-sir-are-a-shit-burger.jpg

mopb3

Slicer
Artagan said:
I'm too scared to write any of my opinion in this post for fear of being bombarded with flaming.

I feel sad now.
Here, let me write it for you;

no-wai001.jpg

K

KenuDragonfire

So... let's think about this for a moment.

Zor is a great admin, he'll catch x-rayers, help out whenever he can, sell his soul to help pay for server fees, etc.

Now, you guys don't trust him. You hate him. You hate him because you think he is a malicious, PvP'ing, thieving beast.
Well, if he is promoted, he can't PvP, he can't steal- and if Asy and Crypt were literally scouting the console just to find one example of him abusing power, and then demoted him on the assumption that he did so- don't you think they'll be watching him again out of sheer paranoia? And, if he does break his code (abuses power, PvP's, steals, etc.) then he has to bear the shame of being demoted twice.

So why exactly is him being promoted a bad thing?

Oh and, if he becomes a Sentry, he gets admin power and can steal from you and kill you and murder your town members.

Artagan

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
And, if he does break his code (abuses power, PvP's, steals, etc.) then he has to bear the shame of being demoted twice.

I don't think you guys have any shame.

K

KenuDragonfire

You'd be amused at the very least.

"lawl zor u suck so muc u got demoted twice roflmao"

Or,

"u tried so hard to demote me and u got demoted twice!!!!!! lawl!!!!!!111!!shift+1"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back