Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

mindblaster007's Sentry Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaph

Sentry
Just wanted to mention that the attitude you have displayed in the screenshot I’ve attached isn’t something I’d expect of someone applying for this role. Sentries are expected to be welcoming and respectful.

Be that as it may those have been exceptional players with hardly any problems with others on Loka. Most people who apply are expected to have gone through the process of becoming a slicer first.

Also wanted to add that I became a Sentry before gaining Slicer - but it should be players who stand out so I agree with you there.

Attachments

• IMG_8386.jpeg
    IMG_8386.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 64

mindblaster007

Just wanted to mention that the attitude you have displayed in the screenshot I’ve attached isn’t something I’d expect of someone applying for this role. Sentries are expected to be welcoming and respectful.

Also wanted to add that I became a Sentry before gaining Slicer - but it should be players who stand out so I agree with you there.
You mean the comment I made to make the point that you can’t expect me to do a full background check on every person I talk to/about? For starters, posted below is the entire conversation, not just the cropped out part you showed. As you can see, I did use the proper proper pronouns. As I stated once, and I’ll state it again, if I don’t know someone you can’t expect me to get my pronouns rights. Henceforth, I use “he” until corrected, once corrected I will use the proper pronouns. If I don’t it’s because I forgot and I made an honest mistake and I will do my best to correct it. If anything I’m blunt and get straight point, which I understand you don’t like, but that doesn’t mean I’m not welcoming. If you took a second to look, you can see if anyone ever has a question or needs help, I’ll help them or direct them to where they can get help.

Attachments

• IMG_3063.png
    IMG_3063.png
    690.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3064.png
    IMG_3064.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3062.png
    IMG_3062.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 53

doota

You mean the comment I made to make the point that you can’t expect me to do a full background check on every person I talk to/about? For starters, posted below is the entire conversation, not just the cropped out part you showed. As you can see, I did use the proper proper pronouns. As I stated once, and I’ll state it again, if I don’t know someone you can’t expect me to get my pronouns rights. Henceforth, I use “he” until corrected, once corrected I will use the proper pronouns. If I don’t it’s because I forgot and I made an honest mistake and I will do my best to correct it. If anything I’m blunt and get straight point, which I understand you don’t like, but that doesn’t mean I’m not welcoming. If you took a second to look, you can see if anyone ever has a question or needs help, I’ll help them or direct them to where they can get help.
blunt and straightforward = passive aggressive (a lot of the time) and that isnt too welcoming

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
If you want to be a sentry first you have to apply for slicer and be recognised by the players and be friendly to them :)
I would like to post a notice to all, not just Lancer.

You don't "apply" to become a Slicer. You have to be nominated. Sometimes people can skip the nomination phase if they're just not being recognized.

You do not require Slicer to become a Sentry, it's just a bonus that would help your case.

Lampp_

A hard majority of people who play mc is a guy like 90% at least are men calling everyone a guy until you talk to them is fair

LancerSquid

Sentry
I would like to post a notice to all, not just Lancer.

You don't "apply" to become a Slicer. You have to be nominated. Sometimes people can skip the nomination phase if they're just not being recognized.

You do not require Slicer to become a Sentry, it's just a bonus that would help your case.
I think you're absolutely right there's a process to everything

LancerSquid

Sentry
No you don’t shut up it’s suggested but you dont
well my advice is for him to nominated for slicer,then after nominated for slicer ability to solve problems for players, and wait a while to apply for sentry

Last edited:

Obstinance

you stated at some point that people who actually take the time to get to know you don’t feel negatively about you. however sentries should be welcoming and it’s nobody’s responsibility to get to know you and hear everything you gotta say just for you not to be a dickhead. so regardless your attitude is basically always unjust and certainly not sentry material in the slightest.

even if you have a good reason to argue (yes argue, you never “have a healthy debate/discussion”), sentries are expected to be the bigger person, which you never are. everyone else is the problem to you and it shows in how you reply to criticism

Last edited:

doota

you stated at some point that people who actually take the time to get to know you don’t feel negatively about you. however sentries should be welcoming and it’s nobody’s responsibility to get to know you and hear everything you gotta say just for you not to be a dickhead. so regardless your attitude is basically always unjust and certainly not sentry material in the slightest.

even if you have a good reason to argue (yes argue, you never “have a healthy debate/discussion”), sentries are expected to be the bigger person, which you never are. everyone else is the problem to you and it shows in how you reply to criticism
worded greatly

mindblaster007

theres a reason nobody has nominated you for slicer
Actually, interestingly enough multiple people have asked me if I wanted them to nominate me, both before and after this application was made. My response is, and always will be “I’d prefer if someone were to do that it would be out of their own volition, rather than ask me.

I knew that its gonna be 2 pages of forum war, when i saw first 'slicer' word.
Hence why I stopped replying…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back