Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented 1.13/1.14 resources on Resource Isles

ACwavelength

Slicer
The 1.13 and 1.14 updates brought a lot of resources into the game each with their own uses. I'm sure people would love to have kelp, sea pickles and coral in their underwater builds, and I'm sure they would love see pandas eating bamboo, and foxes running away with their stuff. Not to mention scaffolding, sweet berry bushes and the new flowers.

ideally I'd love to see these as part of a new biome on each continent which could be resources exclusive to the dominant downs, but I doubt that any changes will come to the continents themselves.

Instead I think they should be added to the resource isles.
To add variation between the three RI's, I think the resources should be added to the isles they make most sense in, such as corals in Garama, kelp in Kalros, and bamboo in Ascalon. But they should not be easy to get. For example, The corals in garama could be only found in underwater caves with difficult to find entrances around the coast of the island. If a player wanted to get them, they may have to brew a potion of water breathing. Also, Drowned's could spawn under a certain Y level here, and have a chance of spawning with a trident. Players wanting a trident would have to venture deep into these underwater caves to hunt the Drowned.
Bamboo could be found on a new plateau on Ascalon, and sea pickles in it's underwater caves. Kalros could have kelp forests in an underwater ravine full of bubble columns pulling them to their death.

Another way of getting uncraftable blocks would be the rare occurrence of shipwrecks. This may be a stupid idea, but I think it could add a lot to exploring resource isles.
Every time the RI rejuvenates, it would have a small chance of spawning a shipwreck in a water block below a certain Y level. The ship could be upside down (which would require the player to break in), on it's side, or split in half. It could have a debris field spanning a large part
island, which would help players locate it. Inside the wreck there could be a chest/barrel with a chance of having a heart of the sea inside, or just bones and regular shipwreck loot (Maybe even a treasure map?). Found near the centre of the ship could be a bell (An uncraftable item added in 1.14).
To take this even further, special items such as lored items that despawned in the wilds or on a RI could be found in a chest In the shipwreck. This would mean if someone had lost their special stuff, they might want to go and brew some water breathing potions to go and look for a shipwreck.

Maybe the shipwreck idea is a bit to far, but I'd at least want some way of getting the new resources and mobs

Last edited:

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Some cool suggestions, I appreciate you taking the time to write them down. They are very well thought out too.

We do have plans to add ways to obtain all the 1.13 and 1.14 blocks and items. The existing oceans on loka will be updated with content from 1.13. As for land content, we are looking into doing something similar to what we did when beetroot was added. Find an existing biome on Loka to add the new resource to it. If this wasn't possible your suggestion would be a great compromise.

The shipwreck idea is actually something we have discussed in the past and would love to add. I'm not sure how we would implement treasure maps, but I'd like to if we can come up with a good way to make them work.

Keep the ideas coming!

Back