Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

A Change to Chest Protection

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It will also most likely be a bannable offense if you're caught doing it. If that helps.

Zor95

Slicer
That glitch/exploit/feature is also used to just get a glimpse of what is behind a block. What about that kind of use?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Still seems like cheating to me. I wish there was a way to catch an attempted block break when you start trying to break it, rather than having to wait all the way for the actual break to go through and then be rejected.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
The change is now LIVE!

It only works when attempting to open the side of a double chest that is covered. Meaning, if I only have one block covering my double chest I can't open the side that has no block over it.

Guessing the check only applies to the specific chest you're trying to open? Since double chests are still counted as two single chests with shared storage.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I found a new bug, if you try and break a chest with a block over it, it just opens the chest so its impossible to break the chest unless you remove the block above it. This is really odd as left click should never open chests.

Zor95

Slicer
This still does not work for Ender Chests (might be best) but also the new Trapped Chests.

Zor95

Slicer
This may be beyond your ability or the ability of a plugin, but hoppers also do not recognize a covered chest and cannot fill it.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
That would probably be a long ways off, but I'll add it to the list. Would make hoppers neat and condensed in a way wouldn't it.

Back