Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Add Bank to the Village

StulenKaiser

you should add a Bank to the Village where you can store shards and other valuables in a safe, so that no town owner can abuse the system and rob you.

McDanky

Guardian
you should add a Bank to the Village where you can store shards and other valuables in a safe, so that no town owner can abuse the system and rob you.
Honestly I take for granted some privileges I have owning my own town such as safety and security of items. Enderchests can only hold so much so I don’t see why having a bank in Aladra wouldn’t work. +1 cool idea

Raddus_

Guardian
Honestly I take for granted some privileges I have owning my own town such as safety and security of items. Enderchests can only hold so much so I don’t see why having a bank in Aladra wouldn’t work. +1 cool idea
Ender chests work to some extent, but their comes a point where you need more space. An ender chest can only hold a fraction of my wealth, and I assume it's the same for many others. I think this would be a good addition to the server.

mindblaster007

This consistently gets brought up time and time again and I agree with it to an extent. However, there are some concerns I have. A larger storage system where it is impossible to lose items shouldn’t exist. Nobody should be able to store all of their wealth and what they own in. It creates an unbalanced economy, which can cause other issues. Personally, I think something of this magnitude should be implemented eventually, but at the cost of shards, as well as potentially experience as well. Players are already doing this form of storage by abusing escrow market chests. They will put an item up for a ridiculous price, just so when it expires it is storage for ‘x’ amount of days. So yeah, add a bank with vaults to some extent and have the player charged based on the size of the vault, or what it contains.

Ie; a vault with 14 hex lore scrolled diamond swords costs 17 shards per day to upkeep. Or a vault of 16x16 blocks costs 20 shards per week to upkeep.

SilentStormSix

Sentry
Ender chests work to some extent, but their comes a point where you need more space. An ender chest can only hold a fraction of my wealth, and I assume it's the same for many others. I think this would be a good addition to the server.
Well the idea is you are not supposed to be able to hoard all of your wealth in your echest, I think this would be an okay addition if there was a somewhat large upkeep or no shulkers.

Raddus_

Guardian
This consistently gets brought up time and time again and I agree with it to an extent. However, there are some concerns I have. A larger storage system where it is impossible to lose items shouldn’t exist. Nobody should be able to store all of their wealth and what they own in. It creates an unbalanced economy, which can cause other issues. Personally, I think something of this magnitude should be implemented eventually, but at the cost of shards, as well as potentially experience as well. Players are already doing this form of storage by abusing escrow market chests. They will put an item up for a ridiculous price, just so when it expires it is storage for ‘x’ amount of days. So yeah, add a bank with vaults to some extent and have the player charged based on the size of the vault, or what it contains.

Ie; a vault with 14 hex lore scrolled diamond swords costs 17 shards per day to upkeep. Or a vault of 16x16 blocks costs 20 shards per week to upkeep.
This seems like a good compromise between the two ideas.

capybara

Muted
I think a bank would destroy trust between a town owner and its members. If you get to a point where you are loaded on cash either join a town which you trust or make/buy your own town. It would also screw with owners and sub owners putting their items in void storages and make Loka less vanilla. -1

mindblaster007

A bank would debase the entire Lokan Economy, as what would be the point of towns? They're meant to be a high concentration of wealth, not just things.
I mean, a bank provides so much more than just that though. A place to store items means a genuinely, 100% safe way to move between towns and not have to worry about scamming. By no means should there be an unlimited amount of storage, or even unlimited shard storage. However, I think a middle ground would be beneficial to all in terms of security when moving between two towns and keeping a limited amount of valuable items safe, as well as to preserve a player’s wealth minimally granted something occurs such as them losing everything in town/house.

mindblaster007

I think a bank would destroy trust between a town owner and its members. If you get to a point where you are loaded on cash either join a town which you trust or make/buy your own town. It would also screw with owners and sub owners putting their items in void storages and make Loka less vanilla. -1
Have you not been playing? There already isn’t trust between the two unless you join a town with a staff owner. Also, to be fair, trust is earned over time; it should never just be given.

capybara

Muted
I mean, a bank provides so much more than just that though. A place to store items means a genuinely, 100% safe way to move between towns and not have to worry about scamming. By no means should there be an unlimited amount of storage, or even unlimited shard storage. However, I think a middle ground would be beneficial to all in terms of security when moving between two towns and keeping a limited amount of valuable items safe, as well as to preserve a player’s wealth minimally granted something occurs such as them losing everything in town/house.
Couldn’t someone just be constantly town hopping with that power?

koi0001

Guardian
Couldn’t someone just be constantly town hopping with that power?
Locks still exist so if you're interested in anything conquest wise you still can't just migrate as you'd like.
They're meant to be a high concentration of wealth, not just things.
They're meant to be way more than a place to hoard your goodies. Even if we ever did add banks I know that many Loka players will still struggle to decide what they deem valuable enough to go in the bank.

Without a doubt the main benefit of this feature is that rich players will be able to protect some of their riches from town owners while new players would probably be able to entirely protect their stuff if they chose to.

Eyvah

I personally just go to the edge of the town and dig down 40 blocks and put valuables there make sure u save the cords it was very effective against ssteak

capybara

Muted
Locks still exist so if you're interested in anything conquest wise you still can't just migrate as you'd like.

They're meant to be way more than a place to hoard your goodies. Even if we ever did add banks I know that many Loka players will still struggle to decide what they deem valuable enough to go in the bank.

Without a doubt the main benefit of this feature is that rich players will be able to protect some of their riches from town owners while new players would probably be able to entirely protect their stuff if they chose to.
I mean I get it but aren’t lores and cores kinda the universal valuables? That would instantly go in the bank?

Back