Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

An Aladran Day

Jedoi

Slicer
Jedoi nodded. "I hope you're right, Laz." She looked thoughtful for a moment. "I'm not sure he'd want me to follow him."

After a moment of silence, she shook her head and sighed. "I'm sorry, Lazuli. I don't know how, but I keep forgetting about your loss of memory. But what Grubul just said, maybe your fall into the void had something to do with your memory."

Jedoi didn't find out if she replied or not, for she continued talking.

"You know, we're all interesting people." Jedoi looked at the faces of Gabrosen, Lazuli, and Hatron, and imagined Grubul's.

"We've all lost so much. Our memory," she nodded to Lazuli.

"Our family," she gestured to Hatron.

"Our original bodies," she glanced at Gab and thought of Grub.

"We've lost so much, yet here we are. Standing, despite everything our past has fought us with. We're strong, all of us. Not unlike the heroes that live in storybooks, we're surviving our stories."

"Loka is like a story. A saga that we all contribute a chapter to. If only I had the entire book." She smiled.

Hatron

Slicer
After a while Hatron got up from his seat, a rather large sweat mark formed where he was sitting, "Well I'm off to go to the blacksmith and forge my new sword, I traded my old one for a new pair of elytras" ,He shows off his new set off wings to the rest of the group. Hatron runs hastily out of the room to the blacksmith's. "Bye!!" he shouts behind him to the others.

BorkMork

Slicer
Bacchus grumbled to himself, trudging along the path of Aladra to the marketplace, arms preoccupied with handling a wooden cart filled with enchanted books he decided to create just for the surprising influx of newcomers to the world. He perceived great sales and results in the end as well, so his pockets won't be empty at the end of the day.

Bacchus didn't expect for himself to have a period at the Aladra Library however, especially with the burdens of being high-rank in a town that has been gaining more members than he can handle. When he successfully walked over to a tent that harbored the chest for the sales of enchanted books, he couldn't help but look around in surprise from a scream in the distance. With abandon, he left the cart at the marketplace, trying to find the source of the screams earlier by sprinting over to the portal building, but at this point, he didn't have a clue on the source of the noise.

Bacchus huffed to himself, berating himself for leaving his post hoping that the enchanted books were still there when he walked back to the marketplace. After sorting out the books for sale, he realized how vacant his schedule was when his mind recounted the completed tasks of the day. Wake up, check. Perform the daily chore, check. Listen to Leterax and Quazister fighting at 3 AM, check. There were more, but he didn't want to repeat the lengthy list.

With that he decided to walk over to the library, cart parked outside, vacant of any items. He opened the door, a yawn beginning in his throat as his ears perked from the sounds of familiar voices somewhere in the library. He closed the door behind him, curious as to where the voices were in the building. His mouth formed a small smile at the sight of a gathering over at one of the tables, noticing the skeletal man Gabrosen, and the proud, wolf mother, Jedoi.

"Hm, hello all of you, I didn't expect a party to be in here at this time," Bacchus spoke in a soft tone, not wanting to irritate Lydia at the desk. "Jedoi, Gabrosen, Lazuli, Hatron." He announced their names with a tone of formality, body looking stiff as ever.

Jedoi

Slicer
"Is this not the most appropriate place for a party?" Jedoi asked with a smile, glancing at Lydia. "Come, take a seat."

Falksi

Slicer
A sudden commotion from outside drew the attention of the group as they sat down. There was a crash that sounded suspiciously like a glass bottle, a warbled yell, and the screech of a cat. The sounds were strangely reminiscent of a slapstick comedy. The group turned to the window in confusion but remained seated.

A green something shot past the window, though after a few moments it inched back into the frame.

Falk's face pressed against the window as she looked in, surveying the assortment of people that were staring at her from within. Her eyes tracked the room until they locked on one individual. With no response whatsoever, she smiled mischievously and disappeared.

There was a moment of silence.

"Anyway..."

"Bacchus!"

A few irritated exhales were released, but Falksi chose not to pay mind to them. Instead, she burst her way in, earning a downright nasty glare from Lydia, and dropped down at a seat next to Bacchus, bag clinking with what was no doubt an inventory full of alcohol. "Hope you don't mind, I brought drinks."

You twit! Could you be any more socially retarded? I didn't quite catch the awkward silence.

Falk smiled past her thoughts and stood up again to deposit her bag of alcohol onto the nearest bookshelf. Lydia made a sound akin to a dying seagull, and when Falksi looked up the poor lady seemed as if she were ready to faint.

"Spill one of those and you're banned from here," the librarian growled venomously. "Permanently." Falk took a moment to wonder why she and the librarian were on bad relations. She didn't remember doing anything in particular that could have earned this lady's hate.

Oh come on, you're telling me you don't remember the time when you puked over her Fiction section? I think you still have the scar from when she stabbed you with that quill of hers.

"Ah, that," Falk said aloud, wincing at the memory. Bacchus shuffled next to her awkwardly, and Falk assumed he was perturbed by her habit of holding conversations with herself. She quickly tried to recompose herself. "Er--got that, Lydia."

Last edited:

BorkMork

Slicer
"Hello Falksi, nice to see you in such perky spirits," Bacchus chuckled to himself at her antics, letting his fingers open the bag by the mouth for a split second just to see the alcoholic drinks she brought to the library. "You always bring life to the party, as always." He commented whilst taking out a bottle by the neck, looking at the contents with amusement. "Strong absinthe. Falk, you got drunk with that drink, correct?" He asked her with a tone of acknowledgement.

Falksi

Slicer
"How did y- *hic* -ou guesss?" Falk choked out in between hiccups. "If I'mm competllly honnnest th- *hic* -ough, I thoutgh I was drinkinnng *hic* applecideerr."

Of course you knew it was absinthe. Your super sniffer could catch that trademark scent all the way from Hilo.

Falk reprimanded her talkative conscious. Shut it, you. No need to tell him that.

"So howw are yoou Bacchus? Whhhat's this *hic* parttyy taht I didn't get invtieddd to?"

BorkMork

Slicer
"No clue, I just heard screaming and now I'm here," Bacchus shrugged to himself, deciding to take a sip from the bottle after taking the cork off with a small pop. He took a sample, the liquid burning his throat as he continued the conversation. "Wanted to talk with a few comrades, I'm all ears for an hour or so."

BorkMork

Slicer
"Mhm," Bacchus mumbled, placing the drink down after the alcohol disappeared. He let out a small hiccup, his tense form beginning to sag from the effects of alcohol. "Pretty good, yes."

Wizardteepot

Slicer
Tee slowly walked past the market, hoping to get a little currency for his recent mining trip. He wiped his brow and sighed, not noticing terribly great deals. He kept walking into Aladra's center and noticed the numerous people in the library. He'd only been in Aladra for about a week now, but he'd never seen the library so packed.

He walked into the vault of knowledge and heard an extremely exasperated sigh. He turned and saw Lydia, the librarian of Aladra, shaking her head at him. He shyly smiled and waved, but didn't know why she was so upset.

"Set a single book on fire and I'll throw you out of here!"

He looked down at his cloak and remember the burning, blue flame tendrils fanning out around him. He gulped nervously and looked back at Lydia. "I'll try not to, ma'am!"

At the sound of his voice, someone from a nearby table perked up. "Tee?"

Tee turned to the mention of his name. "Jed! Hey! Why are there so many people in the library today?"

The young woman with the violet eyes smiled at him. "Who knows, but I'm happy they are! Come, join us!" She pointed to the table she had just gotten up from. The young wizard waltzed over to the table and grinned. "Hey Falksi! And, it's Gab, isn't it?" He stuck out his hand to shake their hands, but got extremely nervous. "I'm sorry, I haven't met all of you yet, have I? I'm Tee!"

He noticed a small flask in Falksi's hand. "Ooh! Is that absinthe?"

Last edited:

Jedoi

Slicer
Jedoi grinned at Tee's expression. "It's Falksi, of course it's absinthe." She noticed the uneasy look on the young wizard's face.

"You know Gab and Falksi, allow me introduce you to the others." Tee gave the Guardian a thankful look.

"This is Lazuli Avalos, formerly of Makosa, but she lives in Auru with us now." Jedoi gestured to the somewhat quiet blonde woman, who smiled nodded politely at them.

"Bacchus, one of our allies from Arvik." The Northerner stood and shook Tee's hand. Tee smiled in return. "You just missed Grubul and Hatron, too." Jedoi added as they took a seat. She gestured to the empty seat beside her where Grubul had been sitting. "We've been discussing our stories from the past... What have you three to add?" She asked, glancing at Falksi, Bacchus, and Tee.

Falksi

Slicer
Only that you have a dead wolf and father who share the same name and may or may not be an alcoholic for it. Also, don't forget to mention that part where you betrayed your friend and where your other one turned traitor. That'll be a real treat for them.

"Uh... Bacchus? I'm sure you have some interesting stories to tell," Falk probed hesitantly, ignoring her sassy conscious.

BorkMork

Slicer
"Stories?" Bacchus frowned at that, body stiffening at the thought of having to tell his personal revelations. He never talked about how he came to this land, body looking ravaged and ripped by unknown turmoil, no sign of pain in sight. His fingers tapped on the table surface, wanting to leave the library when he still can, but he couldn't worry them, never. "Excuse me, I have been notified by Nokia to check on the industries, sorry for the inconvenience." He told them with a formal tone, but if one is swift to notice, his voice was rushed.
With that, he stood up from his seat, walking over to the entrance of the library. "Falksi, keep the conversation going, yes?"

Falksi

Slicer
"Bacchus, don't go!" Falksi practically yelled, snatching the wolf man's arm and pulling him back down into his chair. "Err... I have cheesecake!"

Falk ruffled through her bag for a moment before extracting what looked to be a bowl smeared with white. Whatever had been in the bowl had evidently not survived her drunken stumbling around Aladra. "It might have gotten a bit squished during travel."

It's like blended onions in a bowl, marvelous. Falk put the bowl to the side and looked to Jedoi instead.

"Jed, you obviously have the most stories to tell out of all of us. Why not share some with us newer folk?"

Falksi thought she could feel Bacchus relax at that, his tenseness suddenly gone. She wondered why he had seemed so hurried to leave the building when she had asked him about his past, but let it go. If Jedoi was telling a story, she would need her full attention. If there was one thing Falk was good at, it was absorbing information like a sponge. Unfortunately, given even one distraction, it passed from one ear and out the other.

BorkMork

Slicer
Bacchus returned to his seat, the frown still on his face as he quickly composed himself once again. He looked over at Jedoi, curiosity and intrigue on his features. It was true that Jedoi experienced many tragedies, wonders, and trials before he arrived here. He nodded alongside Falksi, knowing that the heavy feeling in his chest will be extinguished with the narration of her tales. "Ah yes, I do want to know, Jedoi. I also have a couple of questions about it?"

Wizardteepot

Slicer
Slowly, and as silently as possible, Tee pulled out a small notebook to start taking notes. Any opportunity to learn more about Lokan History he would have to take.

Back