Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Arguements within Slicer nominations

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
So this is really just a suggestion for how people should be acting within the now open slicer nominations.

There are a few of the nominations that are filled with players arguing over what is right and wrong and what actually should be used when deciding if you agree or disagree with said nomination. I would like to just suggest to everyone to please keep your disagreements to yourself and the staff responsible for promoting can easily judge what opinions they accept/reject when taken into consideration (if at all).

I really enjoy being able to have all players voice their opinions on a subject and we need to realize that they are opinions and not facts. If you disagree then simply make a reply posting your reasons as to why they would be a good addition to the role! I personally would rather not have to dig through a thread filled with arguments just to find the reasons people actually posted.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to actually post this as its more of a suggestion for how we should act and not actually a suggestion to any alteration to Loka itself but I just wanted to voice my concern to the community about this. If this is irrelevant and should be moved/removed I don't mind just wanted to make a sort of open letter to my frustrations of how some people have been using the newly open to public slicer nominations

Though I can see as to why it is good to allow the "discussions" within the thread, I guess that is up to debate so maybe this really is irrelevant but I typed this much so I might as well post it anyways :p

getfugu

Slicer
I'm totally with you under the assumption that you're asking for a rule prohibiting disagreements beyond the primary opinion. (The end of your second paragraph kinda sounds like you don't want people to comment about any dissenting opinions)

Example:

Person 1: I nominate fugu! (This is ok)

Person 2: I think Fugu shouldn't be a Slicer because he's like, not even active on the server and this one time he sold a bunch of ender pearls for acacia logs -1 (This is ok)

Person 1: U foking wot m8 Fugu's on Loka like all the time you don't see him because his timezone is in Antartica, you're wrong and you can't judge him like that. (This shouldn't be allowed)

Last edited:

Grubul

Slicer
as of - if you dont have anything good to say about them, dont say anything, or write -1.

Adzy

Slicer
I agree, players should only be giving why they think or don't think the player should be a slicer, they don't have to prove their point or anything to anyone, so you should just give a reason why you disagree, or just put -1 or a reason why you agree or just a +1. No need to argue over it and fill the thread with arguments, that makes it harder to look through when the time comes, although it is helpful knowing if a player is doing something wrong, for example maybe he treats the enemy side differently to how he treats his allies. But we should just stick to the +1 and -1, makes life easier! :p

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I'm not sure what the best course of action is. One option is to moderate the forums more and warn/ban those from the applications forum who are misusing it. However it could come across as us silencing certain peoples views and as a result 'admin abuse' claims. The second way of tackling it is to close the forum up and not allow anyone to see the responses posted. This prevents petty arguments and forces everyone's response to a single post. Either way I will be doing something about the issue if it continues.

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
I'm not sure what the best course of action is. One option is to moderate the forums more and warn/ban those from the applications forum who are misusing it. However it could come across as us silencing certain peoples views and as a result 'admin abuse' claims. The second way of tackling it is to close the forum up and not allow anyone to see the responses posted. This prevents petty arguments and forces everyone's response to a single post. Either way I will be doing something about the issue if it continues.
Yeah I know its a tricky thing to actually correct that's why I myself don't even have much of a solution to offer to try and help in anyway. The pros and cons of having the applications be open to the public I guess :p

Back