Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Babycat for Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

babycat

Slicer

Current Rank:

I am currently a settler.

Rank I am applying for:
I am applying for the rank of builder.

Why I should become a builder?
To me, a builder is someone who takes the imagined ideas and dreams of the player base and the other members of the staff and tries to make them a reality for other people to enjoy. They are also those who are the world builders, trying to make the experience on the sever more immersive.

I personally think that I should become a builder for Loka because I have a passion for architecture, and design that has always continued into the Minecraft world, even when I started the game 7 years ago I tried to make good looking designs and have only improved in my skill. In my classes that I have taken where we have worked with the design process I have always enjoyed the challenge that comes with designing something to the requested criteria.

How often do I play?
I can play around 20 hours a week, depending on what is happening with school as my next year is my last year and I have 6 cores and 2 demanding options I might have to tone down the amount of games I play. Recently I am aware that I have been playing a bit less as I have been taking a short break from Minecraft so that I don't burn myself out but I feel like I am ready to start playing some Minecraft once again!

My experience with World Edit:
I personally feel that I have a fairly high degree of skill when it comes to using World Edit effectively and efficiently to produce detailed terrain in a short period of time. Many of the screenshots feature work that I have done with World Edit to produce detailed terrain. I am also skilled when it comes to the manipulation of structures and other objects with World Edit in order to get better positioning or to repeat an established pattern.

At the moment I do not have any experience with World Painter or World Machine but I expect that I could learn to use them in a fairly quick period of time as I am always excited to learn more!

[22:32:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Iwasnotthere> bbcat you're a god with w/e
[22:32:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Qfu> i agree
[22:32:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <babycat> Qfu, can I quote you on that?
[22:32:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Qfu> yes

My Favorite Build Style:
I enjoy building in the more contemporary/modern theme of design as I appreciate the straight and clean lines that come with the style of design. I am definitely capable of expanding into the more lokan style of building that dominates the expanse of the Lokan world should that be requested and as I work with it more, I am sure that I could get fairly fluent in that design language.

For the design of map terrain which is what I feel I have the greatest skill and enthusiasm for I think I can design to whatever is requested of me with what I feel are moderate-high levels of skill with the World Edit brush commands.

Screenshots of my Builds:
Project wasn't finished because I got tired of digging space out in Survival, but I was really happy with the direction that this project was going. In fact I now want to rebuild this :3
5fQ1nwv.png

MAqZC5h.png

Blurred sections are of builds that I did not make. I blurred them to increase the focus on what I have made and I didn't get their permission and don't want to take any credit for what they have designed.
2JpZIaH.jpg

oWo2Kd2.jpg

Rp1pXtQ.jpg

If a tour of the design is wanted by the members of the staff who are in charge of determining who is accepted want an explanation on how it works I am more than happy to give them a tour.
zKQR3np.png

50DK6La.png

DFG1125

Slicer
I can say Firsthand that I've witnessed many of babycat's builds, and can attest to his degree at using World Edit, as he taught me everything I know about using brushes in it.
The city of Ember was a beautiful build and had beautiful things on the surface, not just underground. The second picture in that gallery is inside of his home which was a very nice modern home.

I'd also like to note that babycat is a redstone god, one time he spent a week building a working calculator in creative for fun. Not to mention he designs many working redstone doors that work fast and are compact.

+1

koi0001

Guardian
+1, First Hold is essentially a far nicer Stromgarde in some aspects. I don't think I could think of anyone more worthy of the position right now.

Qfu

Slicer
Do you have any screenshots of builds which follow along the themes of the Lokan style?

babycat

Slicer
Do you have any screenshots of builds which follow along the themes of the Lokan style?

I have recently been working a bit on designing a castle for Firsthold that follows the general design of the Lokan Style. It is currently fairly early in the process of design so its not great looking but it is okay. Would definitely require several more hours of honing into a sufficiently detailed and interesting design before I would consider building it on live Loka. If you want I could provide screenshots of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back