Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Block Low Ping

mindblaster007

Prevent anyone with a higher ping than a set threshold, say 70-80ms, from participating in ranked duels. It's getting really annoying trying to fight people with ping in the mid 100's and being penalized with loss after loss all because you don't have a shot. This would also help minimize, if not discourage, the possibility of people ping spoofing.

Last edited:

Greeneryy

Muted
I like how he doesn’t provide an actual solution, and straight up says, don’t allow people higher than x ping play the game.

LOL

garama’s suggestion is still fair but low ping is an advantage I rest my case this is braindead

mindblaster007

I like how he doesn’t provide an actual solution, and straight up says, don’t allow people higher than x ping play the game.

LOL

garama’s suggestion is still fair but low ping is an advantage I rest my case this is braindead
I mean, Lampp_'s suggestion has been mentioned before. However, I'm not completely sure that's the solution. I did explain why I didn't mention his idea because although it may seem harsh, it discourages ping spoofing and encourages fair and equal play. There are a lot of ways to fix high ping, some as simple as the old "turn it off and then on again" solution. His suggestion also poses a couple of problems, such as what should the ping ranges be, the increase in match-making time due to fewer possible players to duel, and if there should be different leaderboards for each category due to fight conditions not being equal (A person who wins with high ping didn't have equal conditions to someone who wins with super high ping.) One way to implement Lampp_'s suggestion is only to match players that are within 'x' ping of my own, but then again, someone will complain that the ping gap is too big while another complains that they never find matches because the gap is too small.

this is braindead
It's actually not; my methodology behind this is a philosophy called Ocaam's razor- the simplest solution is usually the best. Rather than have players complain about a bunch of little things that will need tweaking, simply say if you have a bad ping, fix it.

Edit: Also worth noting that setting the highest allowed ping to be around 80ms, as it seems most of the community, from what I've seen and heard, is anywhere from 30ms to 79ms.

Last edited:

Greeneryy

Muted
No cause I swear this is hilariously braindead LMFAO

What you want me to move continents so you’re not butthurt about me taking less KB than you? get the fuck out 😂 also removing people from being able to rank at all also makes the queue time longer since there’s less people to fight now

I could put quite a lot of extreme and unethical examples on how the simplest solution while it may be the easiest and fastest way to do it, it’s insanely unethical to do

mindblaster007

No cause I swear this is hilariously braindead LMFAO

What you want me to move continents so you’re not butthurt about me taking less KB than you? get the fuck out 😂 also removing people from being able to rank at all also makes the queue time longer since there’s less people to fight now

I could put quite a lot of extreme and unethical examples on how the simplest solution while it may be the easiest and fastest way to do it, it’s insanely unethical to do
"if your not NA, simply just move."
  • Close unnecessary background applications/windows/processes.
  • Update your internet driver.
  • Restart and/or update your device.
  • Clear/Flush your DNS.
  • Defragment your hard drive.
  • Move closer to your router.
  • Clear your cache.
  • Change application bandwidth priority.
  • Use an Ethernet cord.

Most of these are normal processes everyone should be doing already and on a weekly basis. Negligence shouldn't be an excuse to keep gameplay unfair. It is also worth mentioning all of these don't require you to move where you live or play. All, with the exception of Ethernet cords (which are as low as $2.99 USD!), are free and simple tasks to complete. Also, nothing is ethically wrong with any of these options; the only ethical concern I have is that you think unfair gameplay is right.

Greeneryy

Muted
  • Clear/Flush your DNS.
  • Clear your cache.
  • Use an Ethernet cord.

Most of these are normal processes everyone should be doing already and on a weekly basis. Negligence shouldn't be an excuse to keep gameplay unfair. It is also worth mentioning all of these don't require you to move where you live or play. All, with the exception of Ethernet cords (which are as low as $2.99 USD!), are free and simple tasks to complete. Also, nothing is ethically wrong with any of these options; the only ethical concern I have is that you think unfair gameplay is right.
great! let’s say I do all this things that people who live in the US never even need to think about cause their ping is already good enough

and now my ping is even better than what name mc tells me, keep in mind, I have an ethernet cord, my router is in my room, I NEVER have anything other than a few vital windows processes running in the background, my laptop settings are all so it prioritizes my game, I flush my DNS from time to time, and my ping is usually 160-170
IMG_1567.jpeg

Let’s say my ping is SOMEHOW by an act of divine intervention, 110ms now

I’m still a 3 digit ping user, that shouldn’t be allowed to play against you cause you’re butthurt

berdb

Slicer
  • Clear/Flush your DNS.
  • Clear your cache.
  • Use an Ethernet cord.

arced who is from australia gets 350ms
pretty sure all that wont take him down to 80ms.. maybe 200ms somehow at best

Greeneryy

Muted
Better than garama’s suggestion, I believe it’d be better for there to be a personal setting for people to choose in which range of their own ms they want their opponents to have, let’s say you have 60ms you have a max difference setting of 30, you’ll only get queued against 90ms max or 30ms minimum

Greeneryy

Muted
Better than garama’s suggestion, I believe it’d be better for there to be a personal setting for people to choose in which range of their own ms they want their opponents to have, let’s say you have 60ms you have a max difference setting of 30, you’ll only get queued against 90ms max or 30ms minimum
by the way this is still incredibly butthurt setting to have just cause you can’t stand to fight high ping people

Greeneryy

Muted
i keep reading your posts, it’s genuinely upsetting, you call this unfair gameplay… I ever get in a gank while being 180ms against someone like Jail who’s around 5~ ms

i’m never winning that even if I turned to a machine perfect player

high ping has pros and cons, and i’m such a fan of the idea that high ping is a disadvantage in general

mindblaster007

great! let’s say I do all this things that people who live in the US never even need to think about cause their ping is already good enough

and now my ping is even better than what name mc tells me, keep in mind, I have an ethernet cord, my router is in my room, I NEVER have anything other than a few vital windows processes running in the background, my laptop settings are all so it prioritizes my game, I flush my DNS from time to time, and my ping is usually 160-170
View attachment 8182

Let’s say my ping is SOMEHOW by an act of divine intervention, 110ms now

I’m still a 3 digit ping user, that shouldn’t be allowed to play against you cause you’re butthurt
I live in the US and am relatively close to where the server is hosted, and I had a ping in the 150ms as well as major, prolonged lag spikes, and doing pretty much all of the above drastically improved my problems. I also know people who have done all of these and live in the EU, and their ping dropped to the 70s, which seems to be about the average ping on Loka.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • Clear/Flush your DNS.
  • Clear your cache.
  • Use an Ethernet cord.

Almost none of these changes your latency to a server. Most of these are not required to do weekly or frankly ever. And there is literally nothing you can do to lower your base ping to a server. The very best thing you can do is be plugged in and not on Wifi.

By the time you reach central Europe, your ping will be 100ms or higher and that is immutable. Even the UK, with the best pings to Loka from EU still average almost 100.

The only "solution" to the ping issue is when Loka is big enough to have an EU loka where eu can queue against each other, etc. Until then these suggestions always fall flat and simply try to exclude large portions of the population.

Back