Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implement in Future Bookcases R Cool

Aggressive_Gibon

Slicer
Small suggestion on a possible enhancement for the bookcase chest feature. As it exists at the moment bookcase inventories are only realy useful for small storage of likely lore books or written books in general, as there are so much more efficient storage methods for things like enchanted books which are used more often, making the small inventory of the bookcase useless (practically not thematically). What I suggest is that having multiple bookcases connected to each other expand the inventory and that inventory can be accessed through any of the connected bookcases having multiple pages when the size gets real large. Since we could only store books in them I could see some condensing of the gui through making stacks of the same book or enchanted book but you can only remove them 1 at a time possibly making extra pages redundant. Maybe this could be only applicable with the Arcanum zone? to limit the extremes that such a system could get to.

tl:dr More storage solutions r cool and i want a ez way to store all my gotdamn books

Aggressive_Gibon

Slicer
Are you meaning how would differentiate between like large uninterrupted walls of bookcases having multiple of these inventories? i would have thought that we could limit it like suggested by having it only affect bookshelves in the Arcanum zone and then also making it so there's literally no limit within that zone so you could have as many bookcases as you could fit linking up in that zone. If you wanna make it a more global thing maybe instead of us automatically linking shelves we make the player define the borders of the Bookshelf Multi block with a golden axe and a command so they could select maybe up to 20 shelves and connect em all up as long as that zone does not overlap with a previous shelf Multi block. With the later suggestion maybe we could even add a cost to making linked up shelves like a special item gotten from a quest from a shady dude in the library who's a got that premium bookcase glue.

Back