Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

catgirljodie Sentry Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrian

Sentry
Community Rep
I've seen a lot worst said by members of BITS, including some of the ones -1'ing this, and I know that I as a Slicer have said things 1000000000x more toxic than anything listed on this thread.
There isn't much more you can say that is more toxic then making fun of dead parents in my book, get what your saying though if we look past these messages, shes helped alot with loka and that i respect but honestly that doesn't make up for what she did to facilee

Conclusionz

+1, I have mixed feelings about the screenshots. Joking about dead parents is fucked up and 100% beyond the pale, but as for any other screenshots besides the things pertaining to Facilee, I feel as if these people are making huge reaches to try and frame Jodie as a terrible person. I think Jodie is an overall kind individual who made a few toxic comments. I also find that these people dogpiling onto this application and complaining about how toxic what Jodie said in the first 3 screenshots is is just ironic. I've seen a lot worst said by members of BITS, including some of the ones -1'ing this, and I know that I as a Slicer have said things 1000000000x more toxic than anything listed on this thread.

I feel that this is a concerted effort made by people beefing with Jodie to paint her as an evil person who is incompetent to serve, and I disagree on both of those points.

In my time working on the 40v40 Continental Fight Cap research paper, Jodie was a crucial part of my Interviews section, where she provided a back-and-forth dialogue with myself where she was able to provide valuable insight into some potential flaws with my proposed system. She has been incredibly helpful and kind in all of my interactions with her.

I feel that whatever you put into an experience, you get out of an experience. If you put no work in, you'll reap no reward. If you put lots of effort in, you'll be rewarded greatly.

This principle can be applied to people; whatever treatment you apply to others, expect to get it in return, even from the most kind-hearted of individuals. If all you put out there is bitterness and vitriol, that is all that you shall receive in return. I'm honestly very disappointed with many of the -1's being made on this post, as they feel disingenuous when I know what some of these people have said themselves, and then they pretend to be self-righteously angry with what Jodie has said. It just all feels very wrong...

I will close by saying: I believe Jodie is an overall kind person, who has said some very evil things in the past. I believe Jodie is a passionate, qualified individual who would do great things as a Sentry, and that is why I have provided my +1 in the end!
These aren’t one off, there’s a pattern of toxic behavior, keep in mind that the screenshot from facilee was from a private channel, Jodie didn’t say that in the heat of the moment in an arguement, that was because Jodie unironically found it funny.

czmpos

Slicer
Even with the controversial proofs against her, I have been hearing in tican vc and sometimes talking with her and she seems pretty nice, I'm not saying this as a +1 just to let you know that she is not a monster for saying the stuff she said, I like her and she is very friendly.

mindblaster007

-1 However, every interaction I've had with her has been nothing but pleasant, informative, and helpful. I think it's also worth mentioning the screenshots posted sound like she was edged on into a response, not to mention the conversations themselves aren't inherently wrong. Sure, she could've worded things a little differently and been kinder, but she's right; if you want to get someone in trouble, report them rather than complain about it. Also, she was just merely asking if the kid's parents were dead; there was no negative context. It's also worth mentioning @Conclusionz's screenshots are actually rather mature responses, minus the bit about mental disabilities.

LobsterLarry

First thing I wanna say, with the comment made earlier about Jodie "copy pasting" the guidelines that isn't really a problem as almost everyone who applies for sentry puts the guidelines in their post so they can fill it out (like a form).

Now, for my answer as to if I support jodie. With the comments made about Facilee's parents and my own experience with people making negative comments on my own situation with my deceased mother, I take great offense to those who have the nerve to make such comments. I think it is absolutely deplorable and I believe that with that level of horrible toxicity directed to a player who goes through that it should be an automatic denial and I hope you never appeal again. I try my best to stay non bias in every situation but this is a situation where I will not defend in the slightest and as much as I hope that you change and become a more better, positive player on the community, I don't see myself ever +1ing this. -1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back