Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Currency

Zor95

Slicer
Emeralds are not as nice as they seem. If NPC trading isn't fixed then it is going to be a massive headache.

Here are some trades you can do:

Buy

1 pair of leather pants for 2 emeralds
1 diamond chestplate for 17 emeralds
1 iron sword for 10 emeralds
4 exp. bottles for 1 emerald
1 diamond axe for 10 emeralds
6 porkchops for 1 emerald
5 glass for 1 emerald
1 shears for 3 emeralds
1 diamond pick for 11 emeralds
9 cookies for 1 emerald

Sell

21 wool for 1 emerald
Book for 1 emerald
9 iron for 1 emerald
8 gold for 1 emerald
24 paper for 1 emerald
14 raw porkchops for 1 emerald
16 raw chickens for 1 emerald
2 ender eyes for 1 emerald
4 diamonds for 1 emerald

I'm leaning towards disabling villager trading if its possible. Not keen on villagers in general. Or even more generally Mojang's tendency towards DnD themed features.

mopb3

Slicer
asymptonic said:
I'm leaning towards disabling villager trading if its possible. Not keen on villagers in general. Or even more generally Mojang's tendency towards DnD themed features.
Yeah, damn that Mojang and its game making :lol:

Zor95

Slicer
What are the thought concerning Ender Chests? They seem very useful for trading minus the fact that anyone could take the items being traded.

Not really opposed to them, but we'll have to see how they balance. One thing I'm concerned about is making it easy to trade items between distant towns. As you know I like travel as a game element, otherwise people shut up in their towns and don't interact.

Zor95

Slicer
Okay and one question that is only loosely tied to currency.

Will you do anything about the "new" golden apples? They'd wreck pvp even if they are ridiculously expensive.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I dont understand, surely because they are so expensive they wont affect pvp. Even if someone can afford one or two thats only one or two fights after that they will have nothing and wasted tons of resources.

Zor95

Slicer
It's not game breaking. My only concern is apples in the hands of the wrong people such as hackers or xrayers or people like Bigpizza. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I think if you're willing to run around mining so much that you can afford those golden apples specifically for pvp, then you ought not to be messed with. I don't see how it would wreck pvp at all.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
What about the villagers strewn around the world (naturally generated)? They would still have the normal trades and accept books, paper and such, therefore you would have to kill them all or somehow edit all the villagers :? Maybe there is some command like in the SPC mod there is killall <ENTITYTYPE> and after that, just add new villagers where you want them and with the custom trades

mopb3

Slicer
andrekeroxd said:
What about the villagers strewn around the world (naturally generated)? They would still have the normal trades and accept books, paper and such, therefore you would have to kill them all or somehow edit all the villagers :? Maybe there is some command like in the SPC mod there is killall <ENTITYTYPE> and after that, just add new villagers where you want them and with the custom trades
Sadly I don't believe that it is possible to do such a thing, "You can't kill something that doesn't exist" as the ol' saying goes (Here I refer to the villages that have not yet generated)

Zor95

Slicer
So.... new problem.

"The Ender Chest has been changed to have an inventory per player and not per world. Also, knocking down the chest will break it into 8 obsidian, unless you have Silk Touch"

One of the reasons that generators will require three people to operate will be to prevent personal vaults. We do not want someone to have protection and only use it to store all of their most valuable items and prevent people from stealing them. These new Ender Chests are personal vaults and cannot in any way be destroyed by another player, plus they can still be accessed from anywhere in the world.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
This may not be a problem as in the past we have discussed people getting 1 chest each that they can lock so when they are raided they don't lose everything. Personally i think the ender chest could be a good thing.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Where'd you read that they can't be destroyed by any other players?

TNT will not damage them and as long as at least one Ender Chest exists for the player, destroying one will not release the items inside. You must destroy them all.

Back