Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Currency

thelineguy

Slicer
Don't ender chests remain constant?
As in even if you destroy all the ender chests, no items will come out because the personal space is a constant, because if all the ender chests were destroyed, surely every item from every player's personal space would be received?

EDIT: "Since items are persistent even when all Ender Chests are broken, the player can use them to recover items from anywhere safely, even if they destroy the chest." from the wiki.

This means that ender chests would function more like an access point to a personal storage space that no one else can even touch. Even if the access points were to be destroyed, the items would remain. Sort of like a rift in the minecraft space-time-item continuum, but not really.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Yes, that was my understanding of them thelineguy. And i think they would still be a good addition to the server.

mopb3

Slicer
Magpieman said:
Yes, that was my understanding of them thelineguy. And i think they would still be a good addition to the server.
I agree with Mag on thisn'

adderman500

Slicer
Just thought I'd return to this post. Since villagers trade in 1.3 will use a new gem - EMERALDS - I think we shud use these. Very rare to find in the ground too, this could make trading with villagers a more viable option.

Zor95

Slicer
adderman500 said:
Just thought I'd return to this post. Since villagers trade in 1.3 will use a new gem - EMERALDS - I think we shud use these. Very rare to find in the ground too, this could make trading with villagers a more viable option.

As they continue to update NPC trading it becomes much less of a problem for us. Since you can only do a few trades there is almost no way to abuse the system to get large amounts of emeralds.

adderman500

Slicer
how about we use emeralds (coming in 1.3 for those of you who dont know)? They are rare to find in the ground, and it would make more use of the new villager trading(also from 1.3).

thelineguy

Slicer
adderman500 said:
how about we use emeralds (coming in 1.3 for those of you who dont know)? They are rare to find in the ground, and it would make more use of the new villager trading(also from 1.3).

Apparently emeralds are rarer than diamonds in the new patch, so they should be worth more than diamonds, which are currently worth 25 credits.

I'd say it's best to code in a whole new item that is unusable except for powering generators and are worth 1 credit. Perhaps we could call them Lokain Coins or something along those lines.
Otherwise, we should use something that doesn't have much use anyway or can't be farmed, so we can turn off placing of bedrock and change the credits/gen powerers to bedrock.

Zor95

Slicer
@ Line

That's the point... if they're so ridiculously rare that you can't find them in the world then we can make them worth as much as we want. So far every item we've tried as currency has been made farmable through various updates, emeralds will never be farmable.

thelineguy

Slicer
Zor95 said:
@ Line

That's the point... if they're so ridiculously rare that you can't find them in the world then we can make them worth as much as we want. So far every item we've tried as currency has been made farmable through various updates, emeralds will never be farmable.

I guess that's true, but if they're worth just 1 credit then trading with villagers will be broken; they're extremely rare for a reason. I personally think a whole new item will be more appropriate.

mopb3

Slicer
thelineguy said:
Zor95 said:
@ Line

I guess that's true, but if they're worth just 1 credit then trading with villagers will be broken; they're extremely rare for a reason. I personally think a whole new item will be more appropriate.
That'd be great line, but it's impossible to get a new item in the game without client side mods as well, so thats a no-no

Back