Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Dae_ Appeal & Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dae_

Muted
Hello Lokans, I was banned 10 months ago on the 8th of June 2023 for Harassment and Hate Speech. I'm going to break down this appeal into a few sections - My Apology to the Community and Staff, My involvement in the development of cheats and the cheating community & why I believe I should be unbanned. Before I begin my appeal, I'd like to ask everyone reading this to come with an open mind although I do understand this will be hard given my previous actions during my time on Loka.

My Apology

I'd like to begin my apology by largely focusing on the Hate Speech portion of my ban, during my time on Loka I said some undeniably atrocious things towards many people within both the Turkish and Hispanic communities. Nothing I can say will ever be able to defend or explain what I said because there is no excuse for some of the disgusting insults I barraged lots of you with, nor will I ever try to defend what I said. Within the past year, I've reflected on myself, the person I was and the person I am now, and I know that I am not the same person I was when I said those things - I used to say them out of anger for a game I took too seriously or if anything had upset me because I looked for a way to deflect that. Before my ban, I was muted for a few months due to a comment I'd made to Velyi - it was a comment I'd made stupidly and out of annoyance for losing a duel, I'd like to openly apologise to not only Velyi but any who had similar treatment because of the fact I took silly things (such as duels) way too seriously. I'd like to finish this section off by simply saying that I'm sorry. Nothing I can say now will change the things I said, nor will they change the impact of what I said but I hope that within time you can see that I have grown as a person and will never say anything similar to that again. I'd like to say that at the time I didn't know the impact of my disgusting remarks, but I did and I still continued to say them - I was younger, more stupid and while I may not have understood the full impact of what I said I knew it was harmful, toxic and overall just not an okay thing to say. For everything I said, I'm sorry to each and every one of you as I know that I was an incredibly toxic player who wasn't fun to be around and I hope that (if given the chance) I can prove to you all that I'm not who I used to be and that I can add to the community, instead of take away from it.

Furthermore, I'd also like to apologise to the staff team - Cryptite in particular. Throughout my time on Loka, I'd been given numerous chances by the staff team to change my behaviour and to become a better person. Even with this, I didn't and continued to be toxic and harass multiple members of the community - Cryptite especially was always kind to me and encouraged me to shut up when necessary and I still didn't listen to him. I'd like to apologise to you individually Cryptite as you did help me many times during my time on the server, you helped me realise my mistakes after my ban and much more that I could continue listing. I'd also like to apologise to the staff team at large - you all put in more effort than most realise and give you credit for (myself included), I took the server and community you've built for granted. I caused the staff team a lot of problems during my time on Loka - whether that be the reason I was banned or tiptoeing the lines of what was okay and what was not, especially conquest rules. I understand the problems I caused for the staff team and I apologise profusely for them, if able to rejoin the community I hope I can instead enjoy the server/community you've built rather than picking apart at the smallest things.

Overall, I know that everything I say is just words - how can you trust me that I've changed? I want to be unbanned mainly to prove that I'm a different person to who I was before, to prove that I'm not the toxic kid who took minecraft too seriously and to reconcile many of the friendships I'd destroyed over a video game. Within the past month or so I've rejoined many of the communities surrounding Loka, I've displayed the change that I'm talking about and (to those who have seen it) I hope you all can agree that I've changed.

Harassment & Overall Ban Reasoning

This part will be short as it's mainly an explanation as to why I haven't mentioned the incident resulting in my permanent ban 10 months ago. Putting it simply, I was such a bad person that I don't know what it was - the night I got banned I said many horrible things to 4-5 people because I got annoyed at cove and it could've been any of these people. 3 of these people included BaldBrandon, TgsHalo and Thorgny - all 3 of these people I've apologised and I am now on good terms with. The other 1-2 people that I mentioned I was harassing that night I have forgotten who they were, I know this is a bad thing to say and while it may harm my appeal I would prefer to be very blatantly honest and open with you all. Because of the fact I don't know who the person is, I'd like to take a moment to apologise to that person through this appeal. I'm sorry for the disgusting things I said that night, the things I said were disrespectful, harmful and overall stupid - there was no reason at all for me to say those things. I hope you can forgive me and that we can move on from that past self.

Cheating

Something that's been brought up many times both around the time of my ban and after is the idea of cheating. I would like to begin this by outright denying the fact that I cheated during my time on Loka - as proven by Skuhoo screensharing me - but also denying the fact I used cheats myself after my time on Loka on the Diamond Potion PvP Tierlist. It's a known fact that I've been open about that I did in fact help develop a jump reset mod after my Loka ban. To give you a better understanding of why I developed these cheats is very simply because I liked the idea of development, coding and how cheats are made especially for minecraft pvp. For this reason, me and a few others did create a cheat approximately 2 months after my ban - let me make it clear though that we did in fact say to NEVER use the cheats on Loka or any other server without clarified permission from the owner. To my knowledge, the cheat did get passed around but I did not ask for it to be used on Loka, what I believe happened is that people were asked to test it on private servers so that we could view the results of what we'd developed and then the cheat was passed around through the people we asked to test it. Once I'd discovered the fact it was a commonly used cheat and it had been passed around, I had told someone who had a ticket open with staff about how to find the cheat and how to prevent people from further using any cheats like it (staff can dm me if they'd like further explanation about that "dqe_" on discord). As proven by rural (an ex-admin of the tierlist), I was screenshared during my time on the tierlist after they'd been told of the cheat I was supposedly using (they knew what to look for) and I wasn't using it. This proves the fact that I did not use the cheats during my time outside or inside of Loka. For any further clarification about any of my involvement within the development of cheats, feel free to DM me on discord dqe_ or comment where I will ask someone else to reply on my behalf. I understand that the impact of cheats, especially one I had involvement in developing, harmed the community greatly. My only defence for this is that I did try to make it blatantly clear to never use it on Loka and while I was aware it could've spread - this is why I tried to support staff in countering the usage of these cheats and cheats similar to it.

Why do I believe I should be unbanned?

I think I should be unbanned because I would like to prove to you all that I've changed, I spent approximately 2 years on Loka and simply? I miss the community and the server in general. The full extent of the damage I caused is irreparable, but I would like to be given the chance to at least try to fix some of it, to rebuild some old friendships and enjoy the server like I did when I first played it. A lot of people have made the comment that I'm very different to what I used to be and that has proven to me that, in my opinion, I am not the same toxic 15 year old that was harassing players over duels that meant nothing - I'm instead a more mature person who has lost the edgy internet persona that I held onto for so long and I can now add to the community.

Thank you all for reading, if I've missed anything within my appeal that you believe I should add or if you have felt harassed by any of my previous actions, my dms are open (dqe_ on discord) and I am always willing to apologise for what I did. If you think I have misrepresented any facts within this appeal either, please dm me and I will try to correct them however possible. I hope you can all give me the chance to play once more.

Attachments

• lokaban.png
    lokaban.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 110

BIGSIZZLEE

+1 dae was a good owner/regulater when he was active in the diamond pot community he was as helpful as he can get it’s been 10 months which is a WHILE in my opinion i think he’s changed and should be unbanned

Blissterz

+1 Dae has been my friend for over 3 years now and he has changed alot since he got banned from Loka. When we vc I barely hear him being toxic and hes genuinely just really chill to talk to. He does for sure deserve a second chance to play on the server without all of the toxicity.

Last edited:

Hodln

+1 I have talked with dae in vcs quite a bit, he is super nice and respectful, never toxic and just great to have in a vc. He has truly reformed

Dae did in fact, dm me countless times the night of his ban in attempt to insult me. Knowing what he was like before his ban, and what he is like now. I can say with full confidence that he is a better person and should be given another chance. I have spoken with him many times within the recent months and his sorrow and regret for his actions and his attempts to better himself as a person is evident.

Huge +1

H4pnotic

+1 I have been friends with dae for a good few years now and i can say that he is one of the nicest people ive actually met on Loka helping me with questions about loka and even attempting to teach me pvp lol but big +1

mimo4

Slicer
+1 great wonderful person. amazing guy. known him for so long and hes a great person and an amazing guy. he has matured alot and i think he deserves to come back to loka mc. did i mention that hes amazing? great guy. wonderful person. my personal hero and a loka icon who brought many people to the server. spectacular. wonderful person.

dzne

+1 To start beautiful written appeal dae. I have known day longer than 2 years and the first few months dae and me didnt like each other, but he still was respectful to me. WHAT IM TRYNNA TELL IS IM JUST WANNA PLAY LOKAMC WITH DAE PLS UNBAN HIM HE WONT MISBEHAVE IF HE DOES I WILL STEAL HIS GIRLFRIEND THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back