Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion -Industry Brainstorm-

MasterAegon

Slicer
Well, that would be something to troubleshoot of course. I'm not sure how crypt would work the finer points. We're just mulling over concepts and ideas here.

Artagan

Slicer
Oh hell yes. As some of you know, I was against us having a spawn library at all initially, because it was my belief that it would make private libraries far less common and practically redundant. That has, to some extent, happened, but with this we might see some real momentum behind player lore and some decent libraries cropping up outside of spawn. Maybe it needs some tweaking, but overall this is great.

MasterAegon

Slicer
I like seeing the hype. Crypt, if you're lurking this thread, what would you think of a library industry building that functions like a shop? Is it possible for people to deposit a book in a section tied to them and then others can open it from their town? Perhaps similar to how embassies function.

I guess asking how plausible it would be is the next question.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Sounds complicated...

Also have many other industries that need to be completed as well first of course.

Zor95

Slicer
Understanding we're just tossing around ideas right now...

How to Level Up:
  • Have books added to the library collection in your name.

There was a lot of reluctance (for good reason) to add a monetary reward to the submission of books to the library so there's no way this one would work. Also I don't want my voluntary job to be more time consuming.

Lazuli73

Slicer
I really like all the positive input about my idea. :3

I think Laz nailed it for this one. I'd love to be able to manage my own books and read others' publication from my town if it could be a linked industry building. That makes me feel like it would tie every city together in a way, friend or foe.

I don't know hard it would be to code so obviously up to Crypt but I'm definitely in favor of a library. Not that I'm biased to see some lore in every town :3

<3

A library industry would allow you to put books in bookshelfs and give out infinite books like it does in spawn?

Like I said in the Library Industry post, books in a town infinite library books would vanish from ones inventory once you leave said town generator range, preventing all players from giving out books or stealing them.

Aeurh

Industry skill: [Excavation/ Mining]
Suggestion: [
Well...what about my new idea of a quarry block transport to towns as an industry building. Like a 10x10 block made from rock with random chances of ores - coal/redstone/diamond/lapis/emerald/iron/gold being in it, but just small chances.

It could all be just rock, or it could have 10 diamonds in it. all random chances. But to reset the whole block, you would have to mine TOTALY ALL the contents of the wooden 10x10 box building, and then press a button at the side of the structure. All of the contents must have been mined and all must be air for it to reset.

It would work like the minecraft prision server quarrys.

That would be for mining... for excavation it could be more of a mashup of mostly dirt, but more sand with chances of clay? Redsand could still stay biome specific for Psy and his tgens. ]

Dwemer_Sphere

Slicer
Crafting Industry

with the recent addition to Loka of Custom Recipe books I got an Idea for the Crafting Industry. Upon creating the crafting industry you are given 1 to 5 Recipe books For creating "Town Blocks!" Town blocks are special blocks that give different effects or simply a custom Item block that can be crafted via the new custom items recipes and items.

ALL blocks crafted at the Crafting industry are named and imbued like all other industry mats.​

Streetz

I've got no idea what to suggest for it, but the arcanum is pretty much outdated with 1.8 enchanting, and I feel like it could use a revamp

MasterAegon

Slicer
One idea on the table for the Arcanum is minor, given that 1.8 enchanting is so OP already, but I suggested that it have three level 30 enchants as before and cost no lapis. Enchanting with it will consume the same amount of experience as normal 1.8, you simply get to pick from three enchants and don't have to use lapis.

It's pretty minor but buffs an existing mechanic that is arguably too easy already =/

Leasaur

Slicer
One idea on the table for the Arcanum is minor, given that 1.8 enchanting is so OP already, but I suggested that it have three level 30 enchants as before and cost no lapis. Enchanting with it will consume the same amount of experience as normal 1.8, you simply get to pick from three enchants and don't have to use lapis.

It's pretty minor but buffs an existing mechanic that is arguably too easy already =/
Sounds great!

Back