Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Killing of Admins

Zor95

Slicer
Soooo I logged on today and as soon as I logged on Defgnww asked for my opinion. I teleported to him and as he was asking me his question Psych ran up and killed me. He took what items he wanted and dumped the rest. I teleported back and picked up what was left and as I was giving my response to Def's question he killed me again and took what was left.

I then told Psych that he needed to give my items back. This has already happened once and I let it go that time. Just as an admin cannot teleport to players and kill them, I do not believe that players can kill admins who teleport to them or a player nearby without permission. Furthermore, although Def actually only needed my opinion about a bridge he was building I did not know that until I was dead. I am asked for my opinion about many things including rules and griefing so when I teleported to Def I was originally there for admin business.

I was going to take action myself seeing as this is a very grey area of our rules, but Def made the more reasonable suggestion that I post here. So Crypt/Mag/Gall/Asy (whoever he is)?

Items lost include:

Sharpness IV Looting III sword
Sharpness V Unbreaking III diamond axe called "The Dom'
Silk Touch I diamond pickaxe
Efficiency IV Unbreaking III diamond pickaxe
A skeleton skull
An enderman skull
A blaze skull
Misc. items
Gunpowder
Redstone supplies <---- Think I found them in a chest at my base

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Here's my side of the story. Def tells Zor he needs help. At first, I believed that Def was asking for Zor's help as an admin. When I realized that Def was still trying to build a bridge I realized he was just asking for Zor's help as a fellow builder and a player, I decided it would be a good time to get Zor's head.I went to the area where Zor was and killed him, no head. He came back a few seconds later so I killed him again, still no head. He came back again but I didn't kill him. A few minutes later when Zor asked for his stuff back, I denied him. After that I offered him all of his stuff, except for the axe which I want to keep as a trophy. He denied the offer. Also it should be noted that I didn't pick up any redstone stuff and the only stuff he dropped that could be considered misc is cobble and some iron blocks (he said 20 but I think 32).

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
Here's my side of the story. Def tells Zor he needs help. At first, I believed that Def was asking for Zor's help as an admin. When I realized that Def was still trying to build a bridge I realized he was just asking for Zor's help as a fellow builder and a player, I decided it would be a good time to get Zor's head.

This is correct. However, you killed me before I even had a chance to talk. When I did teleport back to give my response you killed me again. You also told me you were on the other side of the city and unless you admit to speed hacking or lied about that then you ran over as soon as I teleported meaning you already had intentions to kill me.

Did you expect me to vanish and/or leave the instant I discovered it wasn't a matter of the server's security?

Also of note is the time when you killed MrAlchemy when he logged in after losing connection or something of that type. He was vanished and following you because at that time we believed you to be hacking, which you were very aware of. That was completely in the interest of server security and he was doing his job as an admin. When he logged back in he didn't even get a chance to vanish before you killed him and took his items.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
You also told me you were on the other side of the city and unless you admit to speed hacking or lied about that then you ran over as soon as I teleported meaning you already had intentions to kill me.
I believe I told you I was in a different area, not on the other side of the city. Even had I said the other side of the city, Der Riese isn't huge.

Did you expect me to vanish and/or leave the instant I discovered it wasn't a matter of the server's security?
At that point it was your choice to stay as a regular player and accept the risk involved or leave. You chose to stay.

Also of note is the time when you killed MrAlchemy when he logged in after losing connection or something of that type. He was vanished and following you because at that time we believed you to be hacking, which you were very aware of. That was completely in the interest of server security and he was doing his job as an admin. When he logged back in he didn't even get a chance to vanish before you killed him and took his items.
At the time Alch had told me that some people suspected me of hacking, but that he did not. I later found out this was a lie. He also told me that he was teleporting to me so that he could use the blaze grinder. I did not appreciate being used like this so I went into my enderchest to gear up. He logged before I got all of my gear out, but I equipped it anyways. When he logged back in I killed him.

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
believe I told you I was in a different area, not on the other side of the city. Even had I said the other side of the city, Der Riese isn't huge.

Psychedelic98 said:
At that point it was your choice to stay as a regular player and accept the risk involved or leave. You chose to stay.

There were about 5 seconds between the time Def asked me about his bridge and when you killed me.

That's not enough time to run from any part of the city and I decided to answer his question rather than be rude and teleport away.

Psychedelic98 said:
At the time Alch had told me that some people suspected me of hacking, but that he did not. I later found out this was a lie. He also told me that he was teleporting to me so that he could use the blaze grinder. I did not appreciate being used like this so I went into my enderchest to gear up. He logged before I got all of my gear out, but I equipped it anyways. When he logged back in I killed him.

If this is true then perhaps it is more justifiable than this case, but either way, you like to kill admins which doesn't encourage any of us to help you or any other player for that matter.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
This is why I vanish before teleporting anywhere.

I was vanished and I did expect to see Psych, but Def appeared to be alone so I unvanished so he could see me.

Zor95

Slicer
In response to your request for a trophy...

Allowing you to take an item from me would only encourage other players to do the same, which as I've already said would not encourage me to help anyone.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Zor95 said:
If this is true then perhaps it is more justifiable than this case, but either way, you like to kill admins which doesn't encourage any of us to help you or any other player for that matter.

I have been told by many admins to be equal opportunity in my killing/raiding. That being said I rarely kill admins, but when I do I want a trophy.

Zor95 said:
In response to your request for a trophy...

Allowing you to take an item from me would only encourage other players to do the same, which as I've already said would not encourage me to help anyone.
Do as crypt does and vanish in future encounters. Don't allow other players to do the same.

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
Do as crypt does and vanish in future encounters. Don't allow other players to do the same.

There are certain situations where being vanished hinders both the admin and the player. They cannot see you so they have no idea where you are or where you are looking or "pointing". Besides that, it's just more considerate to not vanish and for that matter, wear armor.

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
have been told by many admins to be equal opportunity in my killing/raiding. That being said I rarely kill admins, but when I do I want a trophy.

You know very well they don't mean to kill admins. Not unless you're raiding their town anyways.

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
No one wants to be killed yet, I kill and I am killed. Most kill and most are killed for that matter.

Right... but what point is there in killing admins who teleport to you or another player in an attempt to assist them?

K

KenuDragonfire

I get killing admins in their bases and raiding them and whatnot (<3 ye Crypt), but, admins already absolutely detest their jobs. If getting killed WHILE doing their job becomes an occupational hazard, what admin will want to do it? I think the last thing we need is another reason for them wanting to resign; we start running out of admins, then the few that remain will be so occupied with the stupid claims like this that we, players, can't actually benefit from whining to them to rollback things and other nonsense.

Zor95

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
I get killing admins in their bases and raiding them and whatnot (<3 ye Crypt), but, admins already absolutely detest their jobs. If getting killed WHILE doing their job becomes an occupational hazard, what admin will want to do it? I think the last thing we need is another reason for them wanting to resign; we start running out of admins, then the few that remain will be so occupied with the stupid claims like this that we, players, can't actually benefit from whining to them to rollback things and other nonsense.

Who would you ask for OP?!!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Mag and I just discussed the whole situation and here's what we've come up with. Psy, what you did was shitty, that's all there is to it, especially since Zor out of respect to Def unvanished.

For future clarification on the vagueness of "respect admins", we've decided that when asking an admin to tp to you for whatever reason, a clear distinction needs to be made about whether they are to come for admin business (logblocking, xray-checking, help with gens/bubbles, etc) or whether it's for more personal business (come look at this neat thing I built, or come spar with me, etc). If the business is admin business, they are not to be killed or risk facing (as yet decided upon) punishment. If it's personal business, an admin may come and remain vanished, but they unvanish at their own risk.

mopb3

Slicer
adderman500 said:
I'm afraid, psy, you are completely in the wrong here, in my opinion. Just leave the admins alone.
Ima take the opposing stance to adder there, you were stupid not to vanish there zor and its your fault you died.

Artagan

Slicer
mopb3 said:
adderman500 said:
I'm afraid, psy, you are completely in the wrong here, in my opinion. Just leave the admins alone.
Ima take the opposing stance to adder there, you were stupid not to vanish there zor and its your fault you died.

I'm sort of in the middle here. On the one hand Zor ought to have remained vigilant and kept vanished around people who might have, under any circumstances, done him harm. On the other hand admins are trying to do important jobs on the server outside of the normal survival and PvP and shouldn't have random people with swords interfering with that.

I don't think we ought to make killing an admin a punishable offense, particularly because guardians and above are allowed to use their powers against people inside their home town or a town they own. And making admins invincible would be ridiculous. We ought to just warn admins to vanish themselves and tread carefully.

Back