Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Killing of Admins

Zor95

Slicer
Artagan said:
mopb3 said:
adderman500 said:
I'm afraid, psy, you are completely in the wrong here, in my opinion. Just leave the admins alone.
Ima take the opposing stance to adder there, you were stupid not to vanish there zor and its your fault you died.

I'm sort of in the middle here. On the one hand Zor ought to have remained vigilant and kept vanished around people who might have, under any circumstances, done him harm. On the other hand admins are trying to do important jobs on the server outside of the normal survival and PvP and shouldn't have random people with swords interfering with that.

I don't think we ought to make killing an admin a punishable offense, particularly because guardians and above are allowed to use their powers against people inside their home town or a town they own. And making admins invincible would be ridiculous. We ought to just warn admins to vanish themselves and tread carefully.

The statement was that killing admins on active duty would be punishable. If we're prancing about unvanished then we're fair game.

EpicBacon99

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
I get killing admins in their bases and raiding them and whatnot (<3 ye Crypt), but, admins already absolutely detest their jobs. If getting killed WHILE doing their job becomes an occupational hazard, what admin will want to do it? I think the last thing we need is another reason for them wanting to resign; we start running out of admins, then the few that remain will be so occupied with the stupid claims like this that we, players, can't actually benefit from whining to them to rollback things and other nonsense.

*pokes head out* I.... I didn't detest my job as Guardian..

Artagan

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
I get killing admins in their bases and raiding them and whatnot (<3 ye Crypt), but, admins already absolutely detest their jobs. If getting killed WHILE doing their job becomes an occupational hazard, what admin will want to do it? I think the last thing we need is another reason for them wanting to resign; we start running out of admins, then the few that remain will be so occupied with the stupid claims like this that we, players, can't actually benefit from whining to them to rollback things and other nonsense.

If an admin detests their job as an admin, they really shouldn't be an admin. And someone who gets so upset by being killed on duty that they quit being an admin is also someone who shouldn't be an admin.

Back