Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Lokan Brew House

Lazuli73

Slicer
Just putting it out there, but lokan parties need that extra kick. Every party where I lives has beer, not necessarily drunk horse back riding but you get my point.

There are drink mods out there where you can make coffee and hot chocolate from cocoa beans, brew beers with new hop crops, and maybe make wines...but running a town sometimes needs a few strong beers mixed with coffee and a side of raw potatoes.

The beer mods that I have look at (watched showcases on the all powerful YouTube) have effects when you drink it. Such as dizziness, poison, and blindness.

For all whom wish to get drunk on loka because you are a legal lokan drinking age say I.

Jedoi

Slicer
Don't worry, Mommy. I won't drink. :p
lol Laz, this is interesting, but we're kind of suppose to be semi-vanilla. It would be make the game seem more life-like, however.

Lazuli73

Slicer
It's a drink mod, it not like I am requesting that Loka turn into a FTB or Tekkit server.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
I think this is sounds great. The brewing part is not completely too far from vanilla (it's just different effect potions) (For rum, it only takes barrels and sugar cane)

However, as interesting as the crop-cross breeding is, it strays too far away from vanilla. IT'S ALL FROM THE MOD CALLED INDUSTRIAL-CRAFT. You can breed Ferru, Auru which would be a very easy way of farming Iron and Gold. Hopseed is used to craft Beer and isn't so bad, since that is it's only use.
Lots of different new flowers, however, there already ARE a bunchton thanks to 1.7.
Finally, there is the crop-nalyzer (A wholeee new machine) which gives out the stats of each seed, so that you can breed and enhance your crops.
I don't know how long it will take this mod to actually update to 1.7, assuming it ever does
Finally, coffee... (I will not delve into coffee)

In other words, I say yes to rum brewing (there are many different types depending on time and sugar cane used), but no to the cross breeding part because of Industrial craft.

Lazuli73

Slicer
If we would ever have a beer mod on Loka, I would think it would be very basic. Like adding 1 or 2 new crops, no breeding, and barrels. You could make beer, rum, vodka, maybe apple cider or wine. This is what I would do for a mod, very simple. But it's just a suggestion.

I can see the bar fights now, MOpyc having to many Albion Ales and Psy about 4 barrels of rum. Joyce is soaked vodka and is mixing it with coffee and people are throwing empty bottles and food at each other. While Jedi is trying to settle everyone down we all look at a lava lamp and get distracted for about 30 seconds then throw up at spawn.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Until mod api we can't have mods, it extremely limits prospective users. Even though in this case we would be getting alcohol as a novelty and not a major part of our server(while a cool novelty), we would have to advertise our server under the name of the alcohol plugin. We would be known as the server with a drinking plugin, we would likely lose some of our younger players in the process.

Jedoi

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
.....we would likely lose some of our younger players in the process.
Good point. But, um, some younger players would love this because they can't drink in real life. And some would ignore it and move on. And a few would not like it at all. But probably very few.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Even if all of our current players liked it, we'd drastically lower our new players. They would likely stop completely. This is a great option if we ever feel we have too many people, but at the moment we are growing.

JocelynReed

Slicer
Psy against an alcohol mod
Jedi for an alcohol mod

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! :eek:

^ ps name that movie :3

Lazuli73

Slicer
Personally I think the small mod I am proposing would make no difference in the add on of new players. I think that loka is a great server without the mod, but if we do, if a new player isn't fond of beer that can just not brew it. No one if forcing them to use the mod.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Ghostbusters.

We have no way of adding new blocks or crops or anything without, like Psy said, modding the server at which point we'd cut off a large majority of players. When said mod API does come out, we'll be able to do things like this quite easily, but until then, we're stuck just changing what we already have.

The only thing we could do is introduce some sort of selling system where you could buy some customized items/potions (ala motes) with some currency (emeralds or something). It would be a fun something to take a stab at, but there are some large priorities that I'd like to tackle before customizing the server too much more.

Jedoi

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
Psy against an alcohol mod
Jedi for an alcohol mod
I was just saying we're probably not going to lose younger members.
MinecraftJedi127 said:
And some would ignore it and move on.
And I am one of these.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Ghostbusters.

We have no way of adding new blocks or crops or anything without, like Psy said, modding the server at which point we'd cut off a large majority of players. When said mod API does come out, we'll be able to do things like this quite easily, but until then, we're stuck just changing what we already have.

The only thing we could do is introduce some sort of selling system where you could buy some customized items/potions (ala motes) with some currency (emeralds or something). It would be a fun something to take a stab at, but there are some large priorities that I'd like to tackle before customizing the server too much more.

This is just a suggestion, the whole mod thing, I don't run the ever, and I like the idea of it. But like all good wines, we must wait for them to ferment.

Lazuli73

Slicer
I just read the features of that link and that is in my opinion perfect for loka. It's small but effective and you can get a hangover which is a plus. What is a blocky bar, pub, or tavern without some good old happy juice.

Also will drunk horse back riding counts as drunk driving.

Zor95

Slicer
Moonshiners Loka Edition pl0x.

moonshiners-jim-tom-300x300-new.jpg

Back