Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Make maps not copyble

Kotten

Slicer
I'm making this simply because i wanna sell my ascalon map with out people copying it further down. So either making locked maps uncopyble or making a new recipe in the cartography table. 1 tripwire hook plus the map, this will make rhe map uncopyble and uneditble

Eyvah

yeah no -1 should have thought of it earlier how do u expect for so many maparts to be around…

Kotten

Slicer
It's like copying the Mona Lisa til it's worth basically nothing and if it has no value there is no historical value to it, atleast for me.

Kotten

Slicer
yeah no -1 should have thought of it earlier how do u expect for so many maparts to be around…
With this people could have options to either have the map public or not, so if you want your mapart public go ahead

Eyvah

this would only benefit map art makers, I personally made one and decided to make it public, if you want to keep it private just dont share it

Kotten

Slicer
this would only benefit map art makers, I personally made one and decided to make it public, if you want to keep it private just dont share it
If you can't share it what's the point of making it. The main reason i made the map was because i wanted to share it. It's just better if you have a option to do what you want and there is no reason for it not to be there

McDanky

Guardian
agree with this. If I build something in the game there is nothing saying someone can’t steal my design. If I make custom lore there is nothing saying someone can’t copy it. I think if you share map art to someone else it’ll be outside of your control at this point. Unless we are thinking of making laws in game where you can sue someone for copyright infringement.

bbrax

+1 would make the map art economy sky rocket and would make map arts be more of a collectible than just a wall filler

Back