Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Marathon race!

FatPoulet

Slicer
A Marathon of 10,000 blocks, randomly generated map and your goal is to reach 0x 0z. Width of 1,000 blocks when the race starts, shrinking gradually to 100 blocks within 30 minutes. Everything Vanilla, no perks, no talents, and no special item spawns. You spawn randomly along the 1,000 width, everyone equally spaced between each other with an empty inventory.

- Death means elimination
- PVP is allowed and encouraged

You can spectate the race if you die/don't want to participate. There might be a special prize for the winner.

p.s. All time and range measures are placeholder and might change. One race may take around 30 - 60 minutes to be completed so think ahead before starting one.

Last edited:

Ronshaud

Slicer
I like this idea. It could bring us, a server, together and to have and spend time with each other. If nobody else is on board with this, then I know I am :D

I also think, this race can be like one of those Mario kart games where you break the block and get a perk. But in this case we can build a race track and do some redstoning. Like the players are running and when they run on top of the pressure plate, something would shoot out of the dispenser.. For instance, maybe TNT would pop out and the player places it behind them and the TNT can blow the other player up, but not the race track.

Last edited:

FatPoulet

Slicer
I was more thinking of a vanilla state-of-the-art survival marathon. A balance the player must find between gathering resources for the journey and actually getting there. Nothing fancy, the minecraft world is well enough to keep the race entertaining.

I'd be into this

Questions:
What prizes do you have in mind?
Is this going to be sponsored by Crypt? (is he going to provide the prizes, or is it coming from someone else)
Follow up question, if it's not going to be sponsored by Crypt, who is going to provide the prizes, or perhaps let the people who participate pay a entry fee, and let that fund the prize?
Will I be allowed to not participate in the race, but kill everyone who I find?

Last edited:

FatPoulet

Slicer
That is indeed some questions that would need answering. For the prizes I think a small entry fee and some sparkles from Crypt would do just fine.

And no outside party would be allowed to intervene in the race. Unless you partake in it, then you can kill whoever you want since everyone starts on the same footing.

Oh also the coordinates would be hidden until the very start to deter people from hiding chests on the way! That would be considered cheating and you'd be expelled from the race.

Zor95

Slicer
If anyone needs prize money for a legitimate contest I can hook you up. Gotta be reasonable though.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'm happy to support this in whatever way I need to. I think it'd be fun if it were mostly player-run though. I can provide some spectacle and perhaps a named, unique item for the winner, but I'd say all the other stuff should be handled by you guys.

FatPoulet

Slicer
Yes a special item given to the latest marathon winner, then the item is passed on to the next winner the following month!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It's a pain in the ass for one, but then only if it's on their person or in their Ender Chest

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Why not just make a new one each time? Ie: August trophy, September trophy etc. It would make this whole thing a lot easier and you don't have to worry about people trying to hide them away.

Why not just make a new one each time? Ie: August trophy, September trophy etc. It would make this whole thing a lot easier and you don't have to worry about people trying to hide them away.
I like the idea of the one trophy better than multiple ones, increases bragging rights and is a much more valuable item to steal.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
With a single trophy bragging rights go away each month, and if someone steals it the whole thing is fucked. If you want something to go from player to player it would have to be a title or something similar. Also, it might make sense to put this on a different map to make cheating/interference more difficult.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
A fresh map might be a good idea, yeah, further we could maybe pregenerate the map and have the world border rectangular, that way people are confined to a section maybe 2k blocks wide, but 15k blocks long, sort of 'forcing' people down a lane but allowing enough room that you aren't guaranteed to be running into people unless you're trying.

Ronshaud

Slicer
Could you add it so the borders during the race shrink overtime ? It could make it more challenging

FatPoulet

Slicer
Nice Crypt, so you 're saying you could add a pvp server map designed for Marathon races only? Also I agree that a rectangle map would be the best way. 1k by 15 k I'd say, and you randomly (or not) spawn along that 1k line

But I feel like it should stay as vanilla as possible, without random perks or talents or chests with items spawning randomly or anything like that

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I wouldn't call it a PvP map at all. In fact it'd run on regular Loka, I'd wager. So yeah, no talents or any PvP stuff, just hard-mode Minecraft with no rules other than get to the end without dying.

Back