Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Mocc for PvE Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocc1

Guardian
Current rank:
Settler
Which role you are applying for:

PvE Developer
Why you think you should become this role:

I have been playing on Loka for quite a bit and have always loved it, whether it be quests, PvP, or just building, however; I believe that quests are lacking on Loka at the moment. Right now there is just spawn secrets, Frodii and his fish, and the firestone. I think that there should be more main/side quests around spawn and other continents to do, and I think I have the creativity to accomplish this.
When you started playing on the server:

Jun 05, 2020
Time zone:

CST
How often do you play (hours a day/week):

I log on to PvP, build up Wastia, so maybe like1-4 hours a day, depending on what I'm doing
Favourite NPC on Loka:

Lenrith
Example of a quest you would write if you were accepted:

This is a quest that I got inspiration from looking at a series of books in the library titled 'The beast of x Continent'
Continent specific quest depending on what continent your town is on, meaning that you can only hunt down the beast specific to the continent
Hunt down the Beast of Ascalon!
Ascalonian residents have been reporting sightings of the rumored beast of Ascalon, and the most recent sightings are around Tile 76 of the Birch Forest, do you have the courage to go slay the beast?
First you talk to your continent specific NPC that is at the continent's docks (Not Aladran docks) and sign up for the quest. Next it will give you a random neutral tile around your town's continent to go to, and a time limit. Once you enter this tile the Beast of Ascalon will spawn, a Ravager that has a lot of health, various attacks, and a cool reward. When you kill it, you will get a Recall Stone, x amount of shards, and an Ascalonian Beast Egg, which you can take to Lenrith to crack open, which will give you a Beast Pet Collectible.
Neither you or the Ravager can leave the tile, but other people can enter and leave, or place even, but this will void the quest so the conquest fight isn't too crazy.

Asynchronized

Slicer
Mocc is the best and goodest and very dependable and I think he would be a good addition to the pve team. +1

Last edited:

Haldyir

Slicer
Moccy - I really like your beast concept work. Are you familiar with any knowledge of beast in Loka or was this something you came up with. I think you would do well on the team. +1

Mocc1

Guardian
Moccy - I really like your beast concept work. Are you familiar with any knowledge of beast in Loka or was this something you came up with. I think you would do well on the team. +1
I'm not as familiar with the lore as you are, the quest was just inspiration of something I read the name of in the old library, maybe we could work together in the future to make lore based quests to educate Lokans about Loka lore?

Orphious

Slicer
-1 ever since I've known Mocc, he's consistently shown to be hardworking and resourceful in the projects he worked on, plus he's a fun guy so he'll work well on any team
+1 for real tho

nerdcat

-1 ever since I've known Mocc, he's consistently shown to be hardworking and resourceful in the projects he worked on, plus he's a fun guy so he'll work well on any team
+1 for real tho
why it a -1 then

Kaph

Sentry
+1 I think that Mocc would make a good addition to the PvE team, good luck!

Samisol

Sentry
-1. Seeing as you are the owner of a very large 1.16 pvp server right now, I don't see any reason why you would become a pve dev. Being a pve dev is a very large commitment that takes up a lot of time, and it also does not make sense why a loka developer would also own a competing server.

Asynchronized

Slicer
-1. Seeing as you are the owner of a very large 1.16 pvp server right now, I don't see any reason why you would become a pve dev. Being a pve dev is a very large commitment that takes up a lot of time, and it also does not make sense why a loka developer would also own a competing server.
how is a competing server? they are two completely separate things.

i know mocc and i know he wouldn't just apply for something without considering if he has time for it.

Samisol

Sentry
how is a competing server? they are two completely separate things.

i know mocc and i know he wouldn't just apply for something without considering if he has time for it.
Both are mainly pvp servers with so many of the same players. also a huge amount of loka youtube content creators have started making steelpvp videos in the same style as loka montages.

LobsterLarry

It would be difficult for you to balance both owning the server and developing for Loka, so I agree with what Samisol is saying in that aspect, but I don't think that should stop you from helping Loka if you do have the time for it. I think if you put a lot of effort into helping develop Loka through PvE, it'd be worth it. So I'm going to +1 this just because I believe you'd be able to balance it as you are a hard worker.

koi0001

Guardian
I'm a little bit split in all honesty, owning another server does seem a little strange just timewise because undoubtedly one will take from the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back