Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion More Market Buy-Order Enchantment Options

Zackeroni9

Slicer
Currently, for creating buy orders on the market for tools that you want certain enchantments on, you can only be very specific and strict with what enchantments are on the tool. For example, if I wanted to create a buy order for a Fishing Rod with Lure, I can only select the Lure III enchantment level, and players can only sell me Fishing Rods with just Lure III on it, no added enchantments. You can't even deselect an enchantment you might have accidentally selected for the order. I think this should be different.
In order for this to be a "perfect system", a few things would need to be changed:
  1. ) Buy orders should be allowed to be filled with items that have more than the listed enchantments. (It could be a toggle, but a toggle is not necessary.)
    • Ex: If I made a buy order for a Fishing Rod and wanted Mending on it, the buy order would be allowed to be filled with Fishing Rods that also have Lure, Luck of the Sea, Unbreaking, or Curse of Vanishing.
  2. ) You should be able to select an enchantment you don'twant on a tool when in the ordering menu.
    • Ex: If I made a buy order for a Fishing Rod and did not want Curse of Vanishing on it, I would simply Right-Click the Curse of Vanishing Book when ordering, and the buy order would be allowed to be filled with any kind of Fishing Rod, as long as it does not have Curse of Vanishing on it.
  3. ) You should be able to select the the level of an enchantment you want on a tool when in the ordering menu.
    • Ex: If I made a buy order for a Fishing Rod and wanted Luck of the Sea II on it, I would Left-Click the Luck of the Sea option twice(once for each level).
      • In contrast, Shift-Left-Clicking should set the enchantment to its max value so the player doesn't have to click so many times for maxed out gear. Perhaps Middle-Clicking or Shift-Right-Clicking could reset the enchantment option as well.
  4. ) The Book you select enchantments with when ordering the item with enchantments shouldn't disappear after selecting it in case you want to deselect it.
How would the item be displayed in the market if you don't want an enchantment on an item? Extra lore lines in the buy order could be shown below the wanted enchantments to show the enchantments you don't want. For an example of how it would look:
Fishing Rod
Mending
Lure III
--------------
No Curse of Vanishing
No Luck of the Sea
Buyer: Player Name
Price: Price
Stock: Stock
Etc.
This system would allow players to buy the kinds of tools they want how they want to. Here's a handy example for what you would do for a kind of "God Sword" for PvP; You'd open up the buy order and select Diamond Sword. You know all the enchantments you want to be maxed out, so you Shift-Left-Click Sharpness, Unbreaking, and Fire Aspect to set them to their max level. You like some Knockback on your Diamond Sword, but not too much, so you Left-Click Knockback once. You don't care for Sweeping Edge or Looting on this Diamond Sword, since you know you will be landing all of your critical hits and never going to accidentally hit a teammate :), and you won't be killing mobs with it, so Looting doesn't matter, and so you don't select either of them. You also don't want someone to be a troll and put Curse of Vanishing on it, so you Right-Click the Curse of Vanishing option, and now you can get a perfect Diamond Sword where sellers don't have to be too strict with those extra enchantments that may be on the Diamond Sword.
I understand that a system like this wouldn't be something that could simply be added overnight, and there are probably some better ways of implementing something like this, but this is how I thought of the situation, how to solve it, and pitching that idea. If anybody else has any added thoughts or better swings at this idea, go ahead and comment.

Last edited:

obuth

Guardian
I envy the work that you put into making this thread and most of all, I love the idea. Would definitely love to see this added.

Back