Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Multi-region Duels & Ranked Duels

Sqrv3n_

- Multi-region duels and ranked duels
Hello dear Lokans, I came up with an idea for improving your ranked experience.
Recently a lot new players from Asia (specially eastern Asia) started joining Loka and play ranked with 200ms ping which people who are in Europe and north America complain about laggers these days because of it.
And playing on ranked is also hard for people who are not used to really high ping or they only know how to play on low ping.
my suggestion is to add Europe(France or Germany) and Asia(Singapore) hosts for duels and ranked duels only, and code a plugin that calculates on which server both players who have queued get same ping(or at least more fair and closer pings).
You can also add a region selection in the /duel GUI so people can select their region they want to duel a player in, This will also be really good for Pot PvP tier list as they can do their tests on Loka.
Asian community is growing fast, and there are a lot of Loka player from Europe so I recommend you to add Europe and Asia hosts first, then you can add other hosts like Middle east(where I live), Oceania, west NA and south America duel servers too, this can really help Loka to become a more popular server because a lot of new player from all regions will play on Loka.

Thanks for reading my suggestion.

koi0001

Guardian
bro then how many need asia ppl for do it
That's an excellent question that will be hard to answer. I don't think there will ever be an exact number. Still, we would need to have players consistently playing at almost every level throughout the season before we can have something regional. EU Loka o-O?!?!

Last edited:

Sqrv3n_

That's actually a really good question that will be really hard to answer. I don't think there will ever be an exact number but I think we would need to have players consistently playing throughout the season at almost every level before we can actually have something regional. EU Loka o-O?!?!

Adding more regions for duels and ranked duels will improve the player count as there are a lot of pot PvPers who don't play on Loka because of their ping so they will start playing Loka, and not everyone wants to participate in conquest wars because of their FPS, so they can play ranked duels and normal duels with low ping.

Sqrv3n_

That's actually a really good question that will be really hard to answer. I don't think there will ever be an exact number but I think we would need to have players consistently playing throughout the season at almost every level before we can actually have something regional. EU Loka o-O?!?!
Adding EU duels region will be really good as there are a lot of EU players, and Middle eastern players can also get much better ping than 200ms. just saying again, adding multiple duel regions will help Loka grow faster and get more players from different regions.

koi0001

Guardian
Adding EU duels region will be really good as there are a lot of EU players, and Middle eastern players can also get much better ping than 200ms. just saying again, adding multiple duel regions will help Loka grow faster and get more players from different regions.
This is True! Although it's impossible to say to what extent. It is something which, as a server, we will not be jumping immediately into as there is so much to consider, and it is a massive undertaking. However, adding the facilities for EU-specific ranked may prove that the player base does not grow as fast and that moderating a whole new region of players is something we're not ready for yet.

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Unfortunately, the biggest problem with this idea is that it is impossible without some sort of custom-made MC client to have a system where you are moved to different regions for duels. As a result, the only way this would work would be if there were completely standalone copies of Loka Duels in EU/Asia with their own queues entirely.

You would have to specifically connect to eu.lokamc.com, for example, at which point you would no longer have the option to queue against any other players from any other regions. This is what would cut the population of Loka in half or third if there was an Asian server as well.

This is why we bring up that we don't quite have the population to break our Ranked Ladder into 2+ groups. Understandably our Asian players suffer the worse but there are a non-trivial amount of EU players that claim to have grown used to the NA ping they get on Loka.

Out of 610 total players who have participated in Season 14 so far, here is the continent breakdown of our playerbase:
Europe: 214
North America: 202
South America: 35
Asia: 144
Oceania: 12
Africa: 3

We'd love to be able to add an EU loka, but the entire population would suddenly have half the people to queue against. How many players we would gain by adding an EU node is really conjecture unfortunately. :(

Back