Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion "Nerf" infested

mindblaster007

no i think it should be tile based, but that also causes a problem with people that can be afk so ye maybe
Well, I meant that in the sense that it would remain tile-based like it currently is, just the loot is nerfed, and you receive a buff in loot gain when grinding with others.

HyperTotodile

Slicer
Why nerf the amount of loot one person can get from infested? This post really makes no sense to me and I’ll always be pro-grinding buffs… i mean who wants loka grinding to be like a full time job where u need to grind 24/7 ….

Kotten

Slicer
Why nerf the amount of loot one person can get from infested? This post really makes no sense to me and I’ll always be pro-grinding buffs… i mean who wants loka grinding to be like a full time job where u need to grind 24/7 ….
i don't think you're the only grinder in your alliance

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
ya make the server about who has more time in their life to play and grind for loka good idea lets nerf how easy it is to play the game. I like that more alliances and towns have popped up due to easier grinding. Keep it like this, its perfectly balanced.

There's a difference between making it easier to do conquest and a situation where 1 person can grind for 30 people in a matter of a few hours. The other notable issue here is just the imbalance between infested vs the old shrines. They should both be viable options and right now, there is literally zero reason to do shrines.

There's a big difference between 45m and 24/7... There needs to be some level of grinding required to keep up a war effort unless you're shooting for a system where there is no resource requirement whatsoever, and that's not the goal of Conquest. If you have people unwilling to grind, do you feel you should be able to compete with a side who does have people willing to gather for the war effort?

olpx

There's a difference between making it easier to do conquest and a situation where 1 person can grind for 30 people in a matter of a few hours. The other notable issue here is just the imbalance between infested vs the old shrines. They should both be viable options and right now, there is literally zero reason to do shrines.

There's a big difference between 45m and 24/7... There needs to be some level of grinding required to keep up a war effort unless you're shooting for a system where there is no resource requirement whatsoever, and that's not the goal of Conquest. If you have people unwilling to grind, do you feel you should be able to compete with a side who does have people willing to gather for the war effort?
I mean there def needs to be a balance between both infested and shrines I don't have an opinion on this topic because the amount of times iv grinded are barely in double digits
But isn't the whole point of red infested the HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD I understand nerfing the yellow tag infested but its the whole point of people even going to infested in my opinion shooting some ghasts and blazes is very easy mode compared to fighting off mobs that do more damage than some loka players

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I mean there def needs to be a balance between both infested and shrines I don't have an opinion on this topic because the amount of times iv grinded are barely in double digits
But isn't the whole point of red infested the HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD I understand nerfing the yellow tag infested but its the whole point of people even going to infested in my opinion shooting some ghasts and blazes is very easy mode compared to fighting off mobs that do more damage than some loka players

Sure, red and yellow are balanced differently so red would still be the more advantageous.

Suppose the real question is whether anyone ever goes to yellows at all?

HyperTotodile

Slicer
If you have people unwilling to grind, do you feel you should be able to compete with a side who does have people willing to gather for the war effort?
not rly a matter of “unwilling”, if that were the case then we wouldn’t be able to make memes about me being 24/7 loka. it’s moreso an issue of “unable” bc of lack of time

my goal is: 1 person should be able to grind for 40-60 ppl

staff: disagree with me, but I will still express my views on grinding regardless of whether they are actually likely to be implemented or not.

I know full well that even if I advocate for buffs to grinding, this line of reasoning will always be brought against me, but I will not change my opinion (that opinion being that grinding takes too much time) because someone else told me that my opinion will never lead to any concrete change.

it is my hope that grinding will continue to be made easier and faster, and I will keep advocating for buffs to grinding bc of that 👍👍 (please read the supa post about conquest rewards and stuff to see what I am suggesting :3)

Kotten

Slicer
it's not even hard

olpx

tbh then just don’t include grinding. remove shrines and infested make the brewers run on the sweat and tears of vanilla nether and vanilla drops hehehehe

HyperTotodile

Slicer
So let me just make things clear, when i mean "nerf infested" i mean to make it give less loot.
So i think it's really weird that 1 person can grind for an entire town with 20 people. To me grinding has just become too easy with infested and there is really no challenge to it.
This is what i got from ≈45m of red infested.
View attachment 6948View attachment 6952View attachment 6955View attachment 6956View attachment 6953View attachment 6954
To me this is a bit absurd that i can get all this from just 45m.
My suggestion:
Make solo infested less good by making it so going with teammates brings up the amount the loot you get, kind of like shrines. Also make endermen always stay agro at you at red infested. (plus make it so the mobs get harder depending how many people are at the tile)
yo so i reread this post and these screenshots are unhinged, how tf u getting this much in 45 MINS??????????????????? i dont even get this from 1 hr spent at red infested... like bro u gotta teach me what tricks/techniques ur using, cause all i do is build a safe-house, put empty shulkers in there, bring a shulker of strength, shulker of speed, shulker of dbr, then i go crazy on the mobs, but like, i get a shulker of gp every hour, and u got like 5 rows of gp in 45 mins, so like... WTF ARE U DOING DIFFERENTLY

Lexxnd

Last time i went was with my friend bearx2 it did not go well. he dropped within 2 minutes. Yes, bear I am calling you out for that. Then he cash-ran me.

Last edited:
Back