Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

New 1.6 World

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
For those of you participating in the discussions of late, this may not be news to you. Regardless, the conclusions of the 1.6 world reset are now confirmed as follows:

• We will be resetting the world upon the (bukkit-ready) release of 1.6.
  • Concordant to the reset, each player will have the option of transferring both their ender chest as well as 1 double-chest of items provided the people of Loka can manage to discover the secrets of the Beacon Transfer Pod (Not Yet Implemented :p).
  • Conversely, town owners will have the option to forego transferring their double chest of items in an attempt to figure out how to rewire the Beacon Transfer Pod to transport one reasonably sized building of their (or their town's) choosing. Any chests within the building will not likely survive the transfer process (hint), so plan accordingly.
  • All player inventories will be wiped during the transition to the new world. You will arrive on the new world naked like everyone else.
  • Players bringing a building over will not be able to access the ender chest and the contents of their ender chests will be transferred to a single chest through their beacon. What to do with their previously ender-chested items is up to the player.

For those of you worried that there won't be anything to do until 1.6 comes out, rest assured, many of us are working hard to keep the server interesting for the time being. Here's a list of things you might consider.

• Most likely, Arena Season 1 will be concluded shortly before the launch of 1.6. That means you have until 1.6 launches to try your hand at 1v1 or make a 2v2 team and climb the rankings. The top players from both brackets will be awarded titles that will be proudly displayed below their name for the entirety of Season 2.
  • There are talk of building tournaments, perhaps another Tournament of Hyrule as well.
  • As with the last reset, there will be an associated RP event to go along with that one. I can't say any more than that, but keep your eyes peeled and stay vigilant. Based on recent Artifact activity, it is likely something new has already arrived on Loka that is certainly worth looking into.
  • We will make Loka available to access like the "current" old world, so it would behoove you to finish any projects you have started so that you may look upon them with pride in the future.

Hopefully this answers all of the questions you may've had. Happy Minecrafting!

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Re: 1.6 World Reset

You can also spend your time gathering/mining valuables to take with you to the new world, providing you have enough space in your chest.

Zor95

Slicer

Concordant to the reset, each player will have the option of transferring both their ender chest as well as 1 double-chest of items [...]

Conversely, town owners will have the option to forego transferring their double chest of items [...]

So if a town owner foregoes their double chest the Ender Chest will remain?

adderman500

Slicer

Can I put in a quiet request that people DON'T take ultimate gear with them, and preferably not insurpassable sums of wealth so that it is a true reset. Something nice would be to bring rare materials or something like that rather than your favourite pimp suit.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One

Items will probably be given out a couple of months after we move and most likely will come gradually. By that point im sure most players will have fairly maxed out gear anyway.

Defgnww

Slicer

1) Will these items be obtained upon reset or after a while?
2) Another suggestion for the meantime: Take a break if you are bored and feel that playing is useless.

EDIT: Mag and I posted at the exact same time. Question 1 answered.

Psychedelic98

Slicer

adderman500 said:
Can I put in a quiet request that people DON'T take ultimate gear with them, and preferably not insurpassable sums of wealth so that it is a true reset. Something nice would be to bring rare materials or something like that rather than your favourite pimp suit.
If there is an option to do it, then someone is going to do it. And because someone will do it, then we all will have to just so we don't fall behind. I pushed for removing the ores (except quarts and redstone) but apparently polls are only valid when they please Mag. The forums represent the more active wealthier part of loka, so if 40% of the wealthy part of loka are against moving ores then it is very likely that the poorer people of loka will have a higher percentage for removing them. The only thing we can do now is move masses of valuables to show them why it sucks.

Zor95

Slicer

Related:

How long would a town owner have to wait to receive their building? Depending on the building it might give them an advantage to start, but at the same time if you make them wait too long then it becomes very inconvenient to plan a town and they could probably just replace whatever the building is.

Edit: Psych, if Magpie hadn't asked you to change the poll I would've. People who were voting for a complete reset were posting about how they agreed with the idea of moving a limited amount of items and/or a building. Others were just looking at the poll and saying "Well the vast majority wants a complete reset, so let's have a complete reset".

A whopping 13% of voters currently support your idea.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One

Personally i think the building should come in at halfway between joining the map and when players items come through.

adderman500

Slicer

Zor95 said:
A whopping 13% of voters currently support your idea.
The voters are an unfair representation of the loka demographic. Like psy says, most of the people voting here are extremely wealthy, and an unlimited ender chest suits them best. I really think option 3 there is superior.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One

Psychedelic98 said:
apparently polls are only valid when they please Mag. .

In my defence crypt put up this post, not me. Also we had already come to a decision on what to bring over, and i allowed you to put up that poll so if there was a large majority in your favour we would have had to consider changing our decision.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

Mtndome said:
How long after the reset will the items be given to players?

This will be based on an event involving the beacon. It will be through player participation that the speed at which you both can store your items/building and then retrieve them will be driven. There will be a minimum period of time though, so I can't say this moment that'll it'll be like 3.52 days before the beacon opens, etc, but probably at least a week or so.

Psychedelic98

Slicer

Right now 37.5% are for limited or no items. You have to keep in mind people who vote for a complete reset are likely way more in favor of limited ores than no limit.

Zor95

Slicer

Maybe.

If I had voted for a complete reset and couldn't get what I wanted I'd choose to take advantage of whatever was left. The most advantageous option available is option #2.

Psychedelic98

Slicer

You already wanted #2 though, #3 is the closest option to #1 and is the perfect compromise between 1 and 2. But, if a decision is made, it's made.
On a side note, I think the border in the new world should be limited to 10k. This gives plenty of room for expansion in the case of new biomes in the future and with a new world there is less reason to travel very far out.
Americans are superior in all aspects to the British.

andrekeroxd

Slicer

Psychedelic98 said:
On a side note, I think the border in the new world should be limited to 10k. This gives plenty of room for expansion in the case of new biomes in the future and with a new world there is less reason to travel very far out.

On the other hand there is a chance that we get large biomes, plus a new tranport method (Horses) so we should look into that.

mopb3

Slicer

Just a side point, crypt you really need to edit the first post because we aren't resetting the world, we're getting a new one.

Also basically I just agree with everything psy has said in this thread

adderman500

Slicer

mopb3 said:
Also basically I just agree with everything psy has said in this thread
Other than the bit he said about Americans being superior to the British. But yeah, what psy is saying is what I would say

Jedoi

Slicer
So is it still going to be "Loka", or will the new world have a whole differnet name? Like how "The Artifact" became "Loka", will "Loka" become something else or will it still be called "Loka"?

Back