Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

New Forums!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Welcome to the new forums! Hopefully they'll prove to be more bug free, pleasing to use, and neatotimes.

Zor95

Slicer
Navigation bar doesn't stretch all the way and the font looks too small, the search bar is in an odd place, and you deleted my last two hours of work on my survey thread.

kthxbye.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Pros: Blends with other parts of the website better, posting doesn't take you to another page, and looks like there are more options when posting.
Cons: No view unread page, change can be temporarily bothersome
Overall good

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It obviously works better, but I'll have a much easier time making this look like Loka's actual website. Hopefully in the future I can also somehow merge accounts between the two...

Zor95

Slicer
Writing posts with text modifications like bold, font size, etc. is very awkward and difficult because of how it applies the changes. You'll move to a new line and begin typing and the modifications will have applied themselves, but when you turn them off they turn on again.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Probably just something to get used to. On the plus side, this supports keyboard combos instead of ugly bbcode stuff. You can use CTRL-B for example to start doing stuff in bold, etc.

adderman500

Slicer
It's more difficult to see whether there are topics you haven't read, could we have something alike to the bright orange text like the old forums?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I can make it more pronounced; I'll go with bright blue though in keeping with the theme, rather than bright orange.

Remember I'm still 'skinning' the forum. Don't assume what you see is any sort of final theme...

Don't know how to quote, but crypt good to know you can change the appearance of these forums, cuz they be looking fugly as fug.
bdKnVj2.jpg

Jedoi

Slicer
I don't even know how to use the forums anymore..... Where are the promotions and sentry forums? How do we see the new posts? Will they light up like on the old one?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Had to sort of redo permissions on things like admin forums, promotion forums, etc since they didn't carry over from the phpbb update. Can you guys see the promotions forum now?

adderman500

Slicer
Yes, but there still isnt the brighter text to show if a new post is in a forum. These are still horrible to navigate. Is it possible to revert to the old forum appearance? But have the nifty things of these forums, like the not seperate page to post a thread... and whatever else is good about these forums...

Back