Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement New Iceberg Biome

would an iceberg biome be a good addition to Loka as a whole?

• Total voters

OperaGhost2004

honestly, I think the title says enough, but with the addition of icebergs in 1.13, I think an Iceberg biome would be a great addition to Kalros.

Screenshot_from_2018-08-17_13-09-26.png

I think this blank spot between the roofed forest, taiga and mega taiga would actually be quite a good place for a new biome. Or it could even be added of the coast of the ice mountains or something

Last edited:

DFG1125

Slicer
I don't feel that the tiles you suggested would be a good spot, climate wise it doesn't really make sense.
88133ddbb9fd6c3d6ea4ef7259feaea0.png
I personally feel that this spot would be better, converting the ice wastelands. OR make a new island north of the Ice Taiga dedicated to icebergs, and the lore behind it could just be as simple as an iceberg drifting south to Kalros. It would serve as the server's source of blue ice or whatever that new one is called.

OperaGhost2004

I don't feel that the tiles you suggested would be a good spot, climate wise it doesn't really make sense.
88133ddbb9fd6c3d6ea4ef7259feaea0.png
I personally feel that this spot would be better, converting the ice wastelands. OR make a new island north of the Ice Taiga dedicated to icebergs, and the lore behind it could just be as simple as an iceberg drifting south to Kalros. It would serve as the server's source of blue ice or whatever that new one is called.

I honestly think that the ice wastes should stay, but a new Iceberg island sounds fantastic. Crypt? Please?

P.S.

yes, DFG, it's called blue ice

RedSkilZZ

Guardian
It would serve as the server's source of blue ice or whatever that new one is called.
Blue ice can already be crafted in 1.13 using 9 packed ice.

As for the suggestion, a bunch of icebergs doesn't really sound like a biome to me. Instead of adding it as a complete biome I would say it should be added in the ocean revamp specific to Kalros (ie you can find them all throughout the Kalrosian oceans floating around).

ModernMozart1787

I personally like red's idea best, because the Kalros ocean doesn't seem cold enough, and an island of icebergs, while it sounds pretty cool, wouldn't really be realistic, unless it was a glacier biome instead of an iceberg one.

koi0001

Guardian
I like this suggestion, but it does sound like something the admins would sprinkle into oceans instead of making it an all our biome

Back