Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Nerf 1.13

pipsqueak42

A lot of people have been saying that a lot of these new trident enchants or even the trident as a whole should be banned or nerfed. I believe that we should keep all of these features, and instead of getting rid of it, find ways to go around it. I do believe like the elytra, we should limit the trident riptide feature in enemy territories, etc basic stuff like that. I also believe we should keep channeling, because it's so hard to use it anyways and if everybody has it, then it's fair game. A lot of people have been saying that it's op because it's a range and a melee weapon, but that argument, I'd say it invalid because you can do way more by having a bow in your offhand and a sword in the main. A charged bow with power V will do more damage than a trident anyways. People may argue that having ripide is op because it's like infinite rockets combined with an elytra, but that's only when it's raining, which isn't quite rare, but it's not common and it also takes up durability from the trident too.

OperaGhost2004

I personally think that Riptide should be banned entirely from foreign town protection, and you should get a huge slowness debuff and take no fall damage when you land (like elytra) when you enter a town's protection, since it would technically be possible to reach Y-level 1,000 (yes I have tested this and reached Y-2,000 in survival mode) and you should no longer be able to use it when you enter town protection.

DFG1125

Slicer
Today I did some minor testing with riptide and tridents as a whole, yes riptide allows you to travel fast through water, but it doesn't take you too far (also it doesn't need to be during rain.) Also I'd like to mention that riptide has an aspect in water pvp, as that jump forward/spin does damage if you run into anything. I'm against banning riptide use in foreign/enemy territory but a cooldown like on enderpearls I think would be a better fit. As for channeling, this does require it to be raining to use and is cool.

Overall I don't believe tridents should be removed, until further pvp testing is done because of the damage/speed of the weapon.

OperaGhost2004

Riptide doesn't need to be in rain, yes, but if it is in rain, then you can keep throwing it up again and again, and there's no limit to how high you can go. If Riptide is allowed in enemy towns, then why aren't Elytra and Ender Pearls?

Last edited:

ModernMozart1787

I have also tested this, and my maximum height with riptide was nearly 6000 and I could have kept going. If this can be used in enemy towns, you need to do something ridiculously expensive and/ or ugly to prevent your town being raided, like a glass roof over the whole town, (I'm looking at you, Stromgarde) and I don't think you should have to do that if you don't want to. My take on the whole thing is that all 1.13 features (not bugs) should be added, but riptide should be disabled within town protection.

pipsqueak42

Did none of you see this XD. "I do believe like the elytra, we should limit the trident riptide feature in enemy territories, etc basic stuff like that."

DFG1125

Slicer
Yes I did, and replied saying why I was against it, not knowing about using it to (fly?) but now I understand (roughly) why you wanted it banned.

Back