Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

NovaZephyr For Slicer

Status
Not open for further replies.
#nova4slicer

Nova joined around the same time as me (three days after me on this account) and since we were both fairly new we became friends, at the time (Jan, 2017) It was different. Back at a time when mending wasn't rare. Ever since I first talked to him, I knew he was gonna be a really nice guy. He has made many friends, he can be very "attached" to loka at times which can be views as both as a weakness and strength. That's the only bad thing I can think about him. I feel he deserves slicer as not only being nice and helping me, but helping the community build a reputation and such. That's all :)

GoodAtTheGame

Slicer
A lot of people might disagree with me but the truth is Nova has been changing a lot recently. He has been less toxic and I have seen him greet new players when they join Loka ! He is very active on the server and if he gets promoted to slicer, I am sure that he will continue being a goodnoob and contribute to the community :) +1

PartayArc

Sentry
Over the past few months, I've seen Nova change into a better person. If someone asked me around 4 months ago about Nova deserving slicer, he has proven to some people, that he isn't bad as he used to be. +1

Unallowed

Slicer
In my personal opinion, Nova tends to let his feelings towards a certain player influence his decisions drastically, and a lot of times these little inconveniences tend to become Toxic.

For Example, During multiple pvp seasons, he would try to get underneath someone's skin and try to start drama and blame that person for his own toxic actions.

I believe Nova is on the right track for Slicer but I think he needs to be able to understand someone else's point of view of certain topics. He has improved a lot, but still seems to let his own personal motives verdict his actions towards a player, and this just makes him seem very toxic and unjust from many eyes. -1

Steve5729

Slicer
Nova is a narcissist. Whenever he fails it's always the reason of someone other than his. He will constantly spread lies about how great his town is. Will start arguments in public chat both directly and indirectly and when confronted blames it on the person he is arguing with. He is fixated on envy of other players, attempting to make himself look better than him to improve his ego about himself. Often encourages other towns to merge with his, not something that's entirely awful but the way he does it is. Claiming our towns are garbage and will never amount to anything, when confronted about this he also gets defensive. -1

Sparky___

Slicer
No, no, no. Absolutely not.

Allow me to preface this by saying that I generally refrain from commenting on nominations or applications, without first being sure that I know enough about the candidate in question to make an effective argument either in favor or against.

That being said, in the past 9 of the 11 months I have been on Loka the behavior, comments, and interactions (both with myself and others) that I have seen from Nova are among the most negative interactions I have had with anyone in this community. Some of this is subject to my own personal bias, we are and have been passionate enemies for a long time. However, there is also a lot that I've seen that is both subjectively and objectively bad.

Many of these instances do date from months back, like when he professed his desire for a specific member of Jötunheimr to be raped by an animal. Though, the age of these comments does not mean that they should not be taken into consideration. However, any argument that his behavior has changed is flat-out wrong. From then to now, arguments devolve into name calling and insults as a result of immaturity. This is one of the more obvious interactions people might more widely recognize from him.

Recently, an interaction I had with Nova in which he appeared to wish for my death (and even go so far as to claim to want to be the one that caused it) left me unapologetically believing that this person will not divest from their toxic tendencies. This being only one example of an interaction I had had with him.

https://gyazo.com/2a62597ae0576e25bbc1023e6a993eba
https://gyazo.com/1cd0c2f7fc9815c4d64d295af7e286f2
https://gyazo.com/df55a2ecda7818fdbb20d190acb9b708

Not being as bad as they used to be is not an accurate standard by which to judge someone on whether they deserve to be Slicer. Even so, notions that a gap in time from a player's outburst or personal attack on on another player immediately suggests that they have changed is an unfair standard. Nova has a well documented pattern of being toxic and abusive on Loka, one that I'm certain predates my own interactions (and indeed my own time on Loka). For even those reasons it baffles me how this behavior continues to be tolerated based on conversations where he is confronted or on the acceptance of "having IRL trouble." This is only enabling him.

Some may feel compelled to argue that despite his behavior, he has brought more than a few players to the server and welcomes those that continue to join regularly. This is an accurate assessment. However, this does not, in any way, whatsoever, absolve him of his behavior. His behavior should not and can not be acceptable, because of some instances of good intentions. Not when it stretches so far back and is composed of such a wide array of grievances. Slicers are stars in our community that make Loka a better place, spend their time helping people, and don't bring others down. That being said, I sincerely believe that Nova is both subjectively and objectively a negative influence on this community, not a positive one, and is thereby undeserving of the rank of Slicer.

Last edited:

ArcherSquid

Muted

Allow me to preface this by saying that I generally refrain from commenting on nominations or applications, without first being sure that I know enough about the candidate in question to make an effective argument either in favor or against.

That being said, in the past 9 of the 11 months I have been on Loka the behavior, comments, and interactions (both with myself and others) that I have seen from Nova are among the most negative interactions I have had with anyone in this community. Some of this is subject to my own personal bias, we are and have been passionate enemies for a long time. However, there is also a lot that I've seen that is subjectively bad.

Many of these instances do date from months back, like when he professed his desire for a specific member of Jötunheimr to be raped by an animal. Though, the age of these comments does not mean that they should not be taken into consideration. However, any argument that his behavior has changed is flat-out wrong. From then to now, arguments devolve into name calling and insults as a result of immaturity. This is one of the more obvious interactions people might more widely recognize from him.

Recently, an interaction I had with Nova in which he appeared to wish for my death (and even go so far as to claim to want to be the one that caused it) left me unapologetically believing that this person will not divest from their toxic tendencies. This being only one example of an interaction I had had with him.

Not being as bad as they used to be is not an accurate standard by which to judge someone on whether they deserve to be Slicer. Even so, notions that a gap in time from a player's outburst or personal attack on on another player immediately suggests that they have changed is an unfair standard. Nova has a well documented pattern of being toxic and abusive on Loka, one that I'm certain predates my own interactions (and indeed my own time on Loka). For even those reasons it baffles me how this behavior continues to be tolerated based on conversations where he is confronted or on the acceptance of "having IRL trouble." This is only enabling him.

Some may feel compelled to argue that despite his behavior, he has brought more than a few players to the server and welcomes those that continue to join regularly. This is an accurate assessment. However, this does not, in any way, whatsoever, absolve him of his behavior. His behavior should not and can not be acceptable, because of some instances of good intentions. Not when it stretches so far back and is composed of such a wide array of grievances. Slicers are stars in our community that make Loka a better place, spend their time helping people, and don't bring others down. That being said, I sincerely believe that Nova is subjectively a negative influence on this community, not a positive one, and is thereby undeserving of the rank of Slicer.
should've just sued him instead of typing that much jeez

ModernMozart1787

That being said, in the past 9 of the 11 months I have been on Loka the behavior, comments, and interactions (both with myself and others) that I have seen from Nova are among the most negative interactions I have had with anyone in this community. Some of this is subject to my own personal bias, we are and have been passionate enemies for a long time. However, there is also a lot that I've seen that is subjectively bad.

Some may feel compelled to argue that despite his behavior, he has brought more than a few players to the server and welcomes those that continue to join regularly. This is an accurate assessment. However, this does not, in any way, whatsoever, absolve him of his behavior. His behavior should not and can not be acceptable, because of some instances of good intentions. Not when it stretches so far back and is composed of such a wide array of grievances. Slicers are stars in our community that make Loka a better place, spend their time helping people, and don't bring others down. That being said, I sincerely believe that Nova is subjectively a negative influence on this community, not a positive one, and is thereby undeserving of the rank of Slicer.
This is exactly my thinking, you just put in much better way. Thank you for having the skill with words that I do not have and saying what is right.

FatalDeath

Guardian
Seeing a lot of hypocrisy in these threads against Nova. Not gonna start mentioning any names because some get too hurt emotionally and cause unnecessary drama. Nova has been rude and strange before, way i’ve seen it, it’s reduced quite significantly, and that’s coming from someone that used to dislike him. It’s +1 from me. Disagree with me if you’d like, even start an argument, I won’t reply to it as it’s unnecessary and my personal opinion.

-1 very toxic, and can be extremely inappropriate as well. Also has a history of harassment. Definitely a no from me.

Just because in the past that you've been toxic doesn't mean you're gonna be toxic in the future. It's people like you that hold back people from actually trying to make an effort in improving the server. Everyone has their personal story and I think you have your own and all but you gotta think about how he's changed over the years.

how does he contribute to the community? -1, because he doesn't, and instead acts toxic and rude.

Actually people can contribute when your not online, too. Most of the slicers that are on never answer my questions tbh. Sparky is a really good slicer so I respect him on that.

In my personal opinion, Nova tends to let his feelings towards a certain player influence his decisions drastically, and a lot of times these little inconveniences tend to become Toxic.

For Example, During multiple pvp seasons, he would try to get underneath someone's skin and try to start drama and blame that person for his own toxic actions.

I believe Nova is on the right track for Slicer but I think he needs to be able to understand someone else's point of view of certain topics. He has improved a lot, but still seems to let his own personal motives verdict his actions towards a player, and this just makes him seem very toxic and unjust from many eyes. -1

I get what you're saying and I understand. Everyone can be like that. Sure, if you have fought for 2 hours and finally lose you can understand to be angry. It's understandable but you have to separate nova and everyone else behaviour.

Like Unallowed said, Nova not only tries to start problems, but he also tries to blame everyone and everything around him for his own problems. -1

Never happened to me ever before. You are basically saying that Nova would blame the death of a family member on you, or losing capital on you? It's personal to you, i know, but I have never ever seen that, and that is coming from me.

Nova is a narcissist. Whenever he fails it's always the reason of someone other than his. He will constantly spread lies about how great his town is. Will start arguments in public chat both directly and indirectly and when confronted blames it on the person he is arguing with. He is fixated on envy of other players, attempting to make himself look better than him to improve his ego about himself. Often encourages other towns to merge with his, not something that's entirely awful but the way he does it is. Claiming our towns are garbage and will never amount to anything, when confronted about this he also gets defensive. -1

Actually I've lived at his town for months before and it is actually really cool. Don't know why you would confront someone about their personality but okay

That being said, in the past 9 of the 11 months I have been on Loka the behavior, comments, and interactions (both with myself and others) that I have seen from Nova are among the most negative interactions I have had with anyone in this community. Some of this is subject to my own personal bias, we are and have been passionate enemies for a long time. However, there is also a lot that I've seen that is both subjectively and objectively bad.

Some may feel compelled to argue that despite his behavior, he has brought more than a few players to the server and welcomes those that continue to join regularly. This is an accurate assessment. However, this does not, in any way, whatsoever, absolve him of his behavior. His behavior should not and can not be acceptable, because of some instances of good intentions. Not when it stretches so far back and is composed of such a wide array of grievances. Slicers are stars in our community that make Loka a better place, spend their time helping people, and don't bring others down. That being said, I sincerely believe that Nova is both subjectively and objectively a negative influence on this community, not a positive one, and is thereby undeserving of the rank of Slicer.

Thank you for taking the time to write this, but all those pictures came from NovaSolux. He was a different person back then, Slicers help out new people, and just generally help in chat. If Nova grieved as you say he did, then why hasn't he been banned? Not saying any of your points are a lie but I feel as it was quite a bit ago. I understand that you have an extremely disliked opinion towards him but look at it from his perspective. Someone nominated you for slicer, you go to sleep. You wake up to everyone hating you, he actually asked me to remove the thread. He didn't say anything else. I didn't remove it because I feel he deserves it in my opinion, being a two year veteran. Not all slicers are perfect, and some of them are *laugh* SO USELESS. A lot of slicers are good though. For example, I say "Why isn't /c train working" No one replies and their are 3+ slicers on. Then you, sparky, reply to me. You are a great slicer and i feel you could change nova from what you think he is to what you want him to be. Sorry if i offend you or anything, you are a great dude and I respect you a lot.

wow these are bad

1. They are cropped, which is the 2nd worst type of screenshot
2. That was back when he was NovaSolux
3. Don't you think he was just trying to joke around?

Nova does not deserve slicer, as sparky put it so well above. He has not changed in the least. He is toxic and immature, he even said to me on another server "f off Blaze you child molester" just because I was pvping. He also often uses players as tools, like when opera ghost was allied with him. He farmed him for kills and now denies that he ever did that. A slicer rank is given to someone who has proved their worth, and Nova... Nova has done the complete opposite. -1

What he has done on other servers shouldn't impact what he's done on this server. If he denies he did that then maybe he forgot?

You guys really think badly of Nova. Maybe you should talk with him personally. :(

Steve5729

Slicer
Just because in the past that you've been toxic doesn't mean you're gonna be toxic in the future. It's people like you that hold back people from actually trying to make an effort in improving the server. Everyone has their personal story and I think you have your own and all but you gotta think about how he's changed over the years.

Actually people can contribute when your not online, too. Most of the slicers that are on never answer my questions tbh. Sparky is a really good slicer so I respect him on that.

I get what you're saying and I understand. Everyone can be like that. Sure, if you have fought for 2 hours and finally lose you can understand to be angry. It's understandable but you have to separate nova and everyone else behaviour.

Never happened to me ever before. You are basically saying that Nova would blame the death of a family member on you, or losing capital on you? It's personal to you, i know, but I have never ever seen that, and that is coming from me.

Actually I've lived at his town for months before and it is actually really cool. Don't know why you would confront someone about their personality but okay

Thank you for taking the time to write this, but all those pictures came from NovaSolux. He was a different person back then, Slicers help out new people, and just generally help in chat. If Nova grieved as you say he did, then why hasn't he been banned? Not saying any of your points are a lie but I feel as it was quite a bit ago. I understand that you have an extremely disliked opinion towards him but look at it from his perspective. Someone nominated you for slicer, you go to sleep. You wake up to everyone hating you, he actually asked me to remove the thread. He didn't say anything else. I didn't remove it because I feel he deserves it in my opinion, being a two year veteran. Not all slicers are perfect, and some of them are *laugh* SO USELESS. A lot of slicers are good though. For example, I say "Why isn't /c train working" No one replies and their are 3+ slicers on. Then you, sparky, reply to me. You are a great slicer and i feel you could change nova from what you think he is to what you want him to be. Sorry if i offend you or anything, you are a great dude and I respect you a lot.

What he has done on other servers shouldn't impact what he's done on this server. If he denies he did that then maybe he forgot?

You guys really think badly of Nova. Maybe you should talk with him personally. :(
Trust us we have tried, Everything said here is applicable to nova on a near daily basis.

ModernMozart1787

he hasn't changed. Take the time to read what people have said, and he's still like this to me at least on a daily basis. If he were to change, none of us would have a problem with him. You can say what you like, but I'll speak what I know to be the truth, no matter what you think of me for it. He's still a lying, toxic idiot.
if you have discord I can send you recent screenshots of me trying just that. He reported me for harassment for trying to talk with him.

1. Sparky took screenshots of what was problematic.
2. He was NovaSolux quite recently
3. No one jokes around about killing people even if you get a life sentence.

I'm sorry, but you're not making a whole lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back