Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Remove Anything That Gives Resistance Buffs

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Sounds to me then like there are a couple of bugs here as the intention is not for the negatives of the alcohol to be able to be mitigated.

mimo4

Slicer
so ban him for bug abuse?
WOAH. lets not get too excited. i am sure berdington meant no harm to loka, its rules and the community if he did indeed "abuse" any possible mishaps or oversights relating to the alcohol plugin.

LobsterLarry

one man brings a beer, some bread, and a glass bottle filled with chemicals. sounds like a party to me idk what yall are on about.

LobsterLarry

(also the fact he has to carry separately like 2 different potions and bread just to negate the DEBUFFS. I certainly think that's a good trade when he could have just brought more health or buffs.) Also on the bug abuse ban that glory mentioned. I really don't think that's going to stick since it's an intended feature in the plugin that bread gets rid of drunkenness and DBR gets rid of debuffs. Even if he did it a lot, the topic hasn't been brought up before in this light so I believe that if anything were to be done it would just be a nerf, not a punishment. (Considering you can all do this as well, (maybe not as good as berd) so you might be coping a bit too hard.)

LobsterLarry

(also the fact he has to carry separately like 2 different potions and bread just to negate the DEBUFFS. I certainly think that's a good trade when he could have just brought more health or buffs.) Also on the bug abuse ban that glory mentioned. I really don't think that's going to stick since it's an intended feature in the plugin that bread gets rid of drunkenness and DBR gets rid of debuffs. Even if he did it a lot, the topic hasn't been brought up before in this light so I believe that if anything were to be done it would just be a nerf, not a punishment. (Considering you can all do this as well, (maybe not as good as berd) so you might be coping a bit too hard.)
The only scenario in which problems occurred like this prior is with the Strength 3 Buffs, which were removed and I don't remember anybody getting banned for using it.

berdb

Slicer
so basically he is using DBR to remove the drunk effect. if that's the case it definitely seems unintentional and should be fixed, and if it was intentional it should def be changed. or change the bread thing, bc u shouldnt be able to have res1 without some kinda punishment
yeah no dbr doesnt remove the drunk effect, dbr just removes debuffs. I just eat like 529471289742878 bread to order to stop being drunk

berdb

Slicer
yes because he is obviously drunk in this video. maybe its bugged then idk.
also those clips are from times when ive eaten 5000 bread and no longer have drunkness and get cool clips. I get drunk alot and die a ton due to it, such as in one of the recent lemonade legion fights where I lost 2 of my shulkers then died because drunkness made me walk away from my shulkers recently.

Or the ending of this video
Where I fell into corrupted water due to drunk movement then once I pearled and block clutch the drunkness made me walk off and die a 2nd time.

Moments like these obviously aren't gonna be in my montage of crystaling ^^^

berdb

Slicer
i know that dbr removes the debuff effects but i think its bread that removes the drunkness. idk how you could go about nerfing this since resistance 1 barely makes you tank 1 more crystal, and they have to constantly manage dbr and munching bread if they want to keep the effect. if the effect is actually long (i dont remember it being long) it can be made shorter
Also res1 doesnt even make you tank 3 crystals btw
example: https://medal.tv/games/minecraft/clips/12uBWZPHgwZIl_/d1337Oy75jdD?invite=cr-MSxhZ0csMjI4NjQyODEs
Here I had res1 on, and I survived 2 crystals with very few hearts left (and my health pot healed me after I blew up the first crystal)

oh and also this clip: https://medal.tv/games/minecraft/clips/12uN3rV0tSyCt4/d1337DjeVFwG?invite=cr-MSxGSE0sMjI4NjQyODEs
I had res1 on and survived 2 crystals on rly low hp (So i obviously cant crystal 3 times)

ThePigGang

Guardian
yeah no dbr doesnt remove the drunk effect, dbr just removes debuffs. I just eat like 529471289742878 bread to order to stop being drunk
Im curious, are you downing the eggnog then eating a bunch of bread and then crystalling? I assume your crystalling while drunk and when the resistance runs out then you start eating bread to sober up. How long does the resistance last? (also big ups for bringing up that it should be nerfed even though you are the only one really gaining from it, most people would just keep quiet about it because LOKA KILLS GO BRRR) menace

DevvyVR

Muted
so basically he is using DBR to remove the drunk effect. if that's the case it definitely seems unintentional and should be fixed, and if it was intentional it should def be changed. or change the bread thing, bc u shouldnt be able to have res1 without some kinda punishment
bread actually

berdb

Slicer
Im curious, are you downing the eggnog then eating a bunch of bread and then crystalling? I assume your crystalling while drunk and when the resistance runs out then you start eating bread to sober up. How long does the resistance last? (also big ups for bringing up that it should be nerfed even though you are the only one really gaining from it, most people would just keep quiet about it because LOKA KILLS GO BRRR) menace
I normally drink a res then eat a bread, then pearl in and crystal, then eat more bread afterwards. But since I only eat 1 bread after drinking res, after doing it a few times the drunkness adds up and makes me move around & stuff.
also the res lasts ~40 seconds
(also i didnt even have res in that clip 👍)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • DBR now no longer purges debuffs when applied if you are drunk at all.
  • Additionally (for a lot of reasons really), bread no longer sobers you up. Milk still does though.
  • Eggnog now gives Slow (same as wine).

(Pending reboots)

Last edited:

Kotten

Slicer
Why remove dbr tho, i get that the drunk effect doesn't last that long, but cmon let the crystal people have some fun. Just the side effects alone make eggnog terrible when crystalling

berdb

Slicer
Why remove dbr tho, i get that the drunk effect doesn't last that long, but cmon let the crystal people have some fun. Just the side effects alone make eggnog terrible when crystalling
they need to nerf the whole 2 players who know how to crystal without teamkilling/suiciding

Back