Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

RLNGO unban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayreSlayer

Muted
Hello Lokans. I am ringo and am appealing a toxicity ban from 2020. I was banned for general toxicity towards the community and sporadically evaded on accounts up to May of last year. During the time period leading up to and after my ban, I acted in a extremely toxic manner towards many members of Loka and was generally completely self absorbed and driven by ego. I also associated with incredibly undesirable former members of the community, namely Arvein n a couple of others I no longer talk to. I would like to have a chance to apologize to the community and also ask for a last chance having spent a couple years away from the community.

During my time on Loka, and later the time period which I was ban evading, I had a mindset of focusing on 'winning' Loka over anything else, and viewed repeated failures as a failure of my own will and character. I had became overly absorbed in a hypercompetitive whim and treated others incredibly disrespectfully, often attacking them on a personal level, and tried to be as hurtful as I could without being banned. I have tried to make amends with several members of the community since then. I have matured since my ban especially, and new life experiences outside of the game made me realize what a draining person I was being online. I thought that this bizzare, hyper toxic, internet 'general ringo' persona meant I could act as I pleased towards others without consequences. In reality, I was just being an offputting creep.

I would like to also apologize to the Loka staff and guardians as I wasted a ton of their time chasing down my alts on discord and ingame. I was very brazen in also demonstrating to new recruits and alliance members how to evade and fostering a negative culture within several alliances that promoted rule breaking. I should also apologize to many who I repeatedly bullied and harrassed, namely Ob, Arc, Kaph, and Foxy. I reget what I said and did to them and others. I'd also like to apologize to any guardians or staff who caught any flak for banning my alts or theres, who were just volunteering their time on loka and did not deserve any harassment.

My main focus online since has been community building. After most of my group left Loka for other games, we began to focus on meeting new people, new servers, and new groups. This long journey led me finding personal relationships that you form online to be much more fulfilling then focusing on deriding others. I believe that these new communities and groups show evidence of my ability to change and be a positive mentor. Alot of the people who I was the most toxic to for being my self-perceived enemies, like braces, are now my longtime friends. I hope that the damage I caused has been healed with time and I can come back with a more mature community building perspective and at the very least help some new players and be a good influence.

Ideally I would like the chance to prove to many of you that I am no longer the person I once was and hope to do interesting new projects with many new and old friends from Loka and elsewhere. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

LiberalGothGirl

As one of the many people Ringo has met during his personal journey i am surprised to hear he has such a dark past at all. I can attest to the fact he has grown and changed as a human being for the better. He has proven to me and countless others that he isn't the same person he was a few years back and that he deeply regrets ever doing what he did and i sincerely wish he may be forgiven for his actions so he may spread more positivity for the better.

SebbyV

Muted
+1 In the time that I have known Ringo through Vinovia he has never shown any toxic tendencies toward me or anyone else so I truly think Ringo has changed since the time of his ban.

EpikNyan

+1 from me. I don't know about the mentor part, but as someone who used to dislike Ringo in the past, I can definitely say he's had time to grow as a person, which has caused him to become less toxic, and he is more personable and chill now than he used to be. If he starts being a nuisance again, I'd say put him in his place with a discord ban and perm mute, that should do it. Other than that, if you're still not convinced he should be unbanned, make him drink an egg on camera or record him whimpering on mic as an apology, I think that would work.

berdb

Slicer
Though I never knew Ringo during his time on Loka, I met him on Stoneworks when he was new and he struck me as a good person and through the years I haven't noticed any toxic propensities from him. I can attest to his recent behavior as being quite different than before and that he has matured.

Adara_

Ringo's not a perfect person and he's made some might argue more than his fair share of mistakes, were I to say he's a perfect saint today I'd be lying (nobody really is anyways); But as a person, he's certainly grown and matured. Relating to Nyan's post I also wasn't exactly Ringo's biggest fan in the past; but having played with the man for a while now I can attest that he's grown into a driven person who is productively introspective, articulate, and in my opinion highly unlikely to repeat the actions that got him banned in the first place. I'd say it's worth it to give him another chance

+1

Lampp_

+1 as someone who’s played for the past years with ringo I’ve noticed him become much less toxic just in general so hard +1 more people have been more toxic on loka then I’ve seen ringo be to people on stoneworks

kountr

Muted
+1 ive interacted with ringo since 2019 from another server and have seen a completely different person from that point up until now. he has changed everything for the better of himself, his friends, and the community around him. free my goat.

Snoccy

+1 As others, I haven't met Ringo on Loka, I met him after through Lamp on stoneworks. He's one of the most kindest people I met in ages and just being around him was fun and entertaining.

Obstinance

-1 He alted, olpx once told me ringo still plays on an alt but wouldn’t tell me the name. i still occasionally get insulted/harassed on his behalf along with random accusations people heard from him. guy is like nova and tinderr in 1 person. and he doxxed me on this appeal using my real name when theres literally hundreds of new players who dont know it. overall is an incredibly manipulative and short fused individual.

edit: to be more specific ringo has doxxed me and pictures of my little brother from when he was 1yrs old. he’s spread countless lies about me and insisted he knows a bunch of factual information about me. but all of it would be lies to the point where i’m so confused when people ask me if certain things are true. he’s also tried to slander me in announcement channels of servers by pinging discords with hundreds of people saying false terrible things about me. all of this because i left his loka alliance and tried to convince a couple of people who I THOUGHT were low lvl shitty pvpers to be founders of a new project

Last edited:

PETI

-1 He alted, olpx once told me ringo still plays on an alt but wouldn’t tell me the name. i still occasionally get insulted/harassed on his behalf along with random accusations people heard from him. guy is like nova and tinderr in 1 person. and he doxxed me on this appeal using my real name when theres literally hundreds of new players who dont know it. overall is an incredibly manipulative and short fused individual.

edit: to be more specific ringo has doxxed me and pictures of my little brother from when he was 1yrs old. he’s spread countless lies about me and insisted he knows a bunch of factual information about me. but all of it would be lies to the point where i’m so confused when people ask me if certain things are true. he’s also tried to slander me in announcement channels of servers by pinging discords with hundreds of people saying false terrible things about me. all of this because i left his loka alliance and tried to convince a couple of people who I THOUGHT were low lvl shitty pvpers to be founders of a new project
-1 i changed my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back