Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Added ShulkerBoxTooltips

mads64

Sentry
To preface, this mod has been discussed before, but recently, the mod has been talked about quite a lot, and a lot of players are confused as to why it is not allowed. Many players say that they see videos of people using it, therefore its allowed, which, is flawed logic, but it can lead to a lot of confusion - people see other people use it, and assume its allowed, either because of assumption or because they have reported said players and have seen no action taken. Additionally, the mod does not even work where it would be most relevant/advantageous, which is in Conquest/Ganks. The mod only "works" in spawn/your own town. Another thing to note is that this mod is a *feature* in MiniHud, which is a mod that a lot of people use, including myself, as a more feature rich alternative to CustomHud.

I propose that this mod be allowed, seeing as it makes absolutely no sense that if it is a feature in MiniHud, an allowed mod, why wouldn't the standalone version be allowed? Should MiniHud be blacklisted since it has this? If this mod is added to the official mod list, the answer to everyone's question "Is shulkerboxtooltips allowed?" would be changed from "No, and it doesn't even work outside of spawn/your town" to "Yes, but it only works in spawn/your town" - The latter answer being much more reasonable to the average player, due to the reasons expressed above.

To wrap this up, why should this mod be disallowed for it granting an advantage when the server already prevents it from doing so? It is only useful in spawn or your town, which are two places that rarely ever have PVP. It only leads to confusion, and people use it anyway because it goes unpunished anyways.

Name: ShulkerBoxTooltip
Link: https://modrinth.com/mod/shulkerboxtooltip
Description: The mod allows you to see the contents of a shulker box by pressing shift in the inventory menu without actually placing it on the ground.
Reason: Read above

Please give your opinion below.

mads64

Sentry
I will point out though, at the moment, it seems to work even outside of your town, which is not intended and might be from the recent update, no idea

mindblaster007

-1, and blacklist miniHud. This gives a clear disadvantage in PvP, raiding, and organization, and anyone who tells you otherwise should go Google the definition of disadvantage. This allows players to see the whole shulkers inventory rather than just the first few items like you see in vanilla. This means you don't have to waste time placing a shulker to view its inventory. HUD mods, in general, tend to be hefty on players who don't have great PCs/Laptops and that's why allowed mods have always been very restrictive on Loka.

However, I do not see much harm in allowing it as long as you can ONLY see the tooltips inside your own town or spawn. I still say -1, though.

Offlined

+1 shulkerboxtooltips is on minihud, which is allowed mod. Shulkerboxtooltips doesn’t impact performance at all so bad pc/laptop shouldn’t be used as an excuse.

Lexxnd

People who use this probably use the Lurnn Mod Folder. Cause I never saw it anyone else use it until the folder came out

SebbyV

Muted
+1 should be allowed because it doesn't provide much of a competitive advantage in pvp because you don't need to see what is inside of repot shulkers. It saves a lot of time for people who build, are organizing items, and just general play.

Kotten

Slicer
-1, and blacklist miniHud. This gives a clear disadvantage in PvP, raiding, and organization, and anyone who tells you otherwise should go Google the definition of disadvantage. This allows players to see the whole shulkers inventory rather than just the first few items like you see in vanilla. This means you don't have to waste time placing a shulker to view its inventory. HUD mods, in general, tend to be hefty on players who don't have great PCs/Laptops and that's why allowed mods have always been very restrictive on Loka.

However, I do not see much harm in allowing it as long as you can ONLY see the tooltips inside your own town or spawn. I still say -1, though.
This doesn't make any sense, The shulkertooltips in minihud only works in town and in spawn and in the rest of the server it only shows the 5 first items

berdb

Slicer
+1 should be allowed because it doesn't provide much of a competitive advantage in pvp because you don't need to see what is inside of repot shulkers. It saves a lot of time for people who build, are organizing items, and just general play.
It would give an advantage on zyre bsc for example a lot of the time i place down shulkers to repot and it turns out they just have a ton of random armor pieces and swords then i die, but I think they can probably just make it not work on the zyre server.

Babysoy

Slicer
It would give an advantage on zyre bsc for example a lot of the time i place down shulkers to repot and it turns out they just have a ton of random armor pieces and swords then i die, but I think they can probably just make it not work on the zyre server
u can only see 3 slots in zyre i think, it's pretty useless mod, optifine on top

berdb

Slicer
u can only see 3 slots in zyre i think, it's pretty useless mod, optifine on top
Yeah but im p sure the point of this forums is to say "hey dont make it only show 3 slots, make it show all slots". And I'm saying that its a good idea however it should continue to only show 3 slots on zyre

Last edited:

mindblaster007

i did, and it doesn't give you any good advantage tbh pretty useless
Yeah, not a good advantage, but still an advantage nonetheless. Honestly, this is going to have the biggest impact on fallen towns because people won't have to place the shulkers to see what's in them if they have this mod, meaning this mod is a must-have for those who want to raid fallen towns.

mads64

Sentry

HUD mods, in general, tend to be hefty on players who don't have great PCs/Laptops and that's why allowed mods have always been very restrictive on Loka.
First of all, I personally do not recall any HUD mod, or mod in general being disallowed because it was "hefty" - the only requirements for a mod to be allowed is:
  • Cannot provide any competitive advantage.
  • Must be safe and secure.
  • Must be updated regularly.
Nothing here relates to how "hefty" a mod is allowed to be. If this were something that was kept in mind and used against mods on the list, at least half of them would not be there, all mods are optional after all? The main reason for mods not being allowed are for their competitive advantage.
This gives a clear disadvantage in PvP, raiding, and organization, and anyone who tells you otherwise should go Google the definition of disadvantage.
How does the mod give any advantage in PvP? The only instance of this mod giving an advantage would be in **your own town** - where: 1. This rarely ever occurs 2. You already have a multitude of advantages of being in your own town while fighting someone, such as being able to place, break, pearl, fly. There is no way that being able to look into your shulkers while fighting would have any negative impact at all when you factor in every other feature.

How does the mod give any advantage in raiding? It only works in your town.

How does the mod give any advantage in organization? Void Storages exist.
i did, and it doesn't give you any good advantage tbh pretty useless
Yeah, not a good advantage, but still an advantage nonetheless. Honestly, this is going to have the biggest impact on fallen towns because people won't have to place the shulkers to see what's in them if they have this mod, meaning this mod is a must-have for those who want to raid fallen towns.
"Still an advantage nonetheless" - Is Litematica not an advantage for those who build? I find Litematica to be a good comparison seeing as both ShulkerBoxTooltips & Litematica both only provide "advantages" within your town, for building, and not against other players, where it would then become a "competitive advantage" - Should Litematica be blacklisted? How about BoostedBrightness, Mojang did make it harder to change your gamma without a mod recently. What about CleanView, it make it easier for you to see, removing random particles from obstructing your view. Or perhaps even CustomHud, MiniHUD(the hud modules) or BetterF3? They do make it easier to find relevant information such as direction, coordinates, etc on the fly, perhaps these should also be blacklisted because they do provide an advantage, albeit not a "good" one. If "Still an advantage nonetheless" wasn't flawed logic, you could use it against so many of the approved mods on Loka.

Honestly, this is going to have the biggest impact on fallen towns because people won't have to place the shulkers to see what's in them if they have this mod, meaning this mod is a must-have for those who want to raid fallen towns.
It has already been stated, even by you, that this mod only works in your own town. How would this mod provide an advantage to raiding towns then? How is it a "must-have" if it does not even work?

-----
ShulkerBoxTooltips only provides a QOL advantage to those in their town or in spawn.
These are two places where the advantage is not a "competitive advantage" - If this mod were to work elsewhere, then yes, it would be an advantage, and a competitive one. But no, it only works where it matters the least. Other mods that are allowed that also provide a QOL advantage are Litematica, Hud related mods, NoNarrator, CleanView and NoMoreGlowingPots(Pre-1.19.4) + a few others. All of which do, technically, provide an advantage, all in their own ways, but they have been deemed acceptable and are allowed, because they do not impact the experience of another player, and simply are, QOL, which is all ShulkerBoxTooltips is with the nerfs set in place on Loka.

With your logic, all of the aforementioned mods should be blacklisted. Or should we pick and choose, or do you just want to disagree with every single possible thing you can?

mindblaster007

It has already been stated, even by you, that this mod only works in your own town. How would this mod provide an advantage to raiding towns then? How is it a "must-have" if it does not even work?
I did not say that's how it works; I said if that is how it works, I could understand why it could be seen as not giving an advantage.

mads64

Sentry
I did not say that's how it works; I said if that is how it works, I could understand why it could be seen as not giving an advantage.
But that is how it works, it only works in your own town and in spawn, therefore it is not an advantage. I can confirm that is how it works

Babysoy

Slicer
when will you understand you don't see the whole shulker in a fallen town only like 3 slots + if you do have it, it's pretty useless in fallen towns cause you can't see if the swords that are in a shulker are lored or if the iron ingots are ais. its better to not use it in the terms of raiding

mindblaster007

when will you understand you don't see the whole shulker in a fallen town only like 3 slots + if you do have it, it's pretty useless in fallen towns cause you can't see if the swords that are in a shulker are lored or if the iron ingots are ais. its better to not use it in the terms of raiding
No, I get that... It's still an advantage nonetheless.

Back