Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Steve5729 betraying Djscales101 and stealing his items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djscales101

But they could unknowingly join a town known for town stealing and once they do have things the players can be kicked out and abandoned

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
but new players dont have anything bad towns could steal
PlayerA joins Loka and is swept up by a friendly Town owner who teaches PlayerA about the server. PlayerA lives Loka and plays heavily for a week, gathering many materials from RIs and working on a god set.

PlayerA logs on the next day to find all their items stolen. They’ve been kicked out of the Town and must now start from square one. PlayerA quits out of frustration and moves servers.

People are good at exploiting others for their own gain.

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
I do hope to steer this thread into a way of coming up with some rule that we can protect the rights of all players' items and not have it devolve into a thread of just bashing someone's behavior.
I’d like to bring this up again and try to shift our focus here from pointless arguments over people’s characters to one that actually is beneficial and works towards a rule change, if that’s what we want.

Djscales101

if we have the ability to put shulkers in our enderchests players can have a safe place to put their belongings and not get stolen

catfishjw

Slicer
if we have the ability to put shulkers in our enderchests players can have a safe place to put their belongings and not get stolen
I think the only reason we can’t do that is because conquest would be op if you could bring an echeat of shulks to the fight

Sparky___

Slicer

I believe the reason for this is both for Conquest balancing purposes, but also because you wouldn't want people being able to just store all of their valuables in a place that is unreachable. At that point there'd pretty much be no reason to ever try to raid anyone.

koi0001

Guardian
I feel almost as if this thread should be closed as a separate discussion thread would be more appropriate for amending the rules at all D:

Silver911

Slicer
I don't know where to stand. When Arcanuan was happening (as toxic as I may have been) Steve scammed me out of a lot of stuff, and I got ticked. I believe Steve was NOT a decent person doing that but it has no apparent against the rules sadly. So therefor also applies here.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
While I don't agree with the morals of this incident and this kind of behaviour can definitely have a negative impact on Loka, it is not against our rules. As a result the staff cannot intervene or return the items when no rule breaks have taken place. Likewise we cannot retroactively apply punishments if we were to change the rules. However that does not mean we can't look into ways to prevent things like this happening in the future.

We have looked into the rules surrounding town owners on numerous occasions in the past. However every time we have come to the same conclusion, that the current rules are the best way to handle town owners and the ownership of items. The reason for this is there is no way to know who owns what items. It always becomes one persons word over anothers. When does an item become someones? What if they take it from a public area of town? What if it's stolen from a town member? What if it was traded? What if an item has changed hands multiple times in a short space of time? What if you were only able to gather items due to the town you are in owning territory/biome control? Do the items belong to the town or you? Even if we had a solution that answered all of those questions how do we track and prove how someone obtained an item. It would be an impossible task for staff to constantly chase ownership of items. The best solution we have at the moment is a blanket rule that anything within the town is property of the town owners. This protects towns from betrayal and makes it easy for staff to enforce. The only thing it fails to do is protect individual players from an abusive town owner. The hope is the community regulates itself by imposing in game sanctions on abusive owners.

I have created a suggestions thread below where we can continue the discussion and try to find the best solution as a community. To clarify the main problem that needs solving is how to classify who owns what items while continuing to protect towns from town betrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back