Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Loka Museum of Unnatural History

Loki

A museum of Loka's unnatural history that I propose should be somewhere near the spawn, perhaps having a portal to from the spawn. I don't think it would affect our semi-vanilla vibe if we had a display plugin of some sort (once they're all updated!). Basically it'd be a collection of anything significant to the server's history. For example, I have one of the only Sharpness V swords on the server, and it belonged to co-founder and defender of Pallet City, Su1. I'm sure a few people have Preksak's compasses. I have one of bigpizza's swords, a notorious thief who wreaked havoc on the server until he went too far and was banned, I know a guy with the bow that started the Cathedral wars. I'm sure that everyone has an oddity to the server that is irreplaceable. Post replies with your item/comments/questions/support please. I hope this idea can go through.

Zor95

Slicer
Every skirmish on the server must be considered either a great battle or a war. For dramatic purposes.

Didn't you two read the contract?

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Yes i have had plans for a museum like this for some time, once we have sorted ranks out and gens are working a bit better ill start putting the wheels in motion for the project.

adderman500

Slicer
Referring to the actual idea yeah its great. We can have the full history in signs aswell as having items. I really think we need display cases for this tho - is this possible?

Loki

Magpieman said:
Yes i have had plans for a museum like this for some time, once we have sorted ranks out and gens are working a bit better ill start putting the wheels in motion for the project.
I was hoping we could have some sort of portal put in place to it at the spawn, or even put it near the spawn. It would really help if we could convince Asy to get a display case plugin once they're all updated, or it'll just be a bunch of items you can't see in chests.

adderman500 said:
Referring to the actual idea yeah its great. We can have the full history in signs aswell as having items. I really think we need display cases for this tho - is this possible?"
It's what I'm trying to get.

Zor95 said:
Every skirmish on the server must be considered either a great battle or a war. For dramatic purposes.

Didn't you two read the contract?
Zor is right, it has to be considered a great battle, even if half of it was verbal fighting.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I used a display case addon on my server when I ran it. I can probably get it installed for Loka. It's called Showcase and works by placing items on a half-slab.

mopb3

Slicer
Cryptite said:
I used a display case addon on my server when I ran it. I can probably get it installed for Loka. It's called Showcase and works by placing items on a half-slab.
Mag has wanted that plugin for donkey's years, seems an awesome addition

Loki

Cryptite said:
Great! Do you think we can have a portal put in place for a new protected area/multiverse or perhaps I can get permissions for the spawn area?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
There's been quite a lot of discussion about a new spawn, so hang tight, we may either retrofit this one or completely build a new one.

Loki

Alright, sounds like everyone likes the idea. It'll take a lot of work though, probably more to get the items for display than to make the actual museum. If anyone has something of significance, perhaps a relic from a city that no longer stands, a book with few copies, favorite items of people no longer with us, etc. I'd also like to try to convince Magpieman to donate the dragon egg in Hyrule ;)

Loki

mopb3 said:
Why is your text so tiny? It just puts me off reading it.
I don't know what you're talking about. Anyways, that was very off-subject. Tiny text has nothing to do with a museum.

Loki

That was just me being a troll, my text is fairly legible if you have 20/20 vision or if not, have a proper prescription pair of eyeglasses.

K

KenuDragonfire

Well, museums are nice because if nobody knows about the history of the server, it repeats itself. And the entire Second Era was full of hippies. Don't want peace, friendship, renewable sources of energy, or any sort of protests... only violence, duels to solve problems, and mass chaos.

Back