Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Tomato Town Name rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djmandude

My name is Djmandude of Djmandude's Town due to new horizons that are arriving on my Loka journey I wanted to name my new town Tomato Town (for reasons not yet specified but are widely known) but to my surprise, I log on today to find my town name being rejected please reconsider as Tomato Town will make sense as a name in the coming days please reconsider.

Attachments

• 2021-06-23_15.07.00.png
    2021-06-23_15.07.00.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 32

PartayArc

Sentry
This is why such rules exist now.
Yes, but all the Dong’s Landings towns have never been denied their names when they were alive. Unless Tomato Town was a previous town, there should be no reason to deny it. Tomato Town is a reference to an area within Fortnite. There are towns such as Gotham and Valyria that also reference fictional lands.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Yes, but all the Dong’s Landings towns have never been denied their names when they were alive. Unless Tomato Town was a previous town, there should be no reason to deny it. Tomato Town is a reference to an area within Fortnite. There are towns such as Gotham and Valyria that also reference fictional lands.
The difference is that tomato town is a meme name and meme names aren't allowed and never have been (as seen by what I posted above). When I had my town "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" Cryptite came to me about changing the name (this was before this new system was implemented) and soon after fixing my towns name this new system was added in response to it and many other meme names.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Town and Religion naming is somewhat subjective and a decision made by myself and Crypt. We ask that they are not named after any major places irl, to avoid edgy kids getting religious or political things into our game. We also don't want 'memey' names because we put town names in a lot of places publicly such as in-game, on our map/website etc. We try to give people the flexibility to be creative and play the game how they want to, but we have to have the odd restrictions to ensure the experience is enjoyable for everyone. What we define as political or memey is subjective, it's not a perfect system but in general, works to filter out inappropriate names. What we choose to accept can also a slippery slope, if we accept one slightly memey name, then the next person who wants a more memey name will claim it's not that different, and so on. We understand your frustration about not being able to use the name you initially had intended but I'm sure you can come up with a different interesting/creative town name.

As for comments in the thread about other town names, most examples given are prior to us having a system where we have to manually accept them. With more and more towns being made on Loka, it's important we keep them under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back