Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Topazaz Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topazaz

Hello my name is Topazaz. Firstly, I would like to apologize to the players I played with on the server and second the staff on the server. I was banned for racial slurs and alting while banned. As I've matured in age I have realized that there are people that what I said applied to. I understand that it was unnecessary and rude to everyone on the server and I have had quite a bit of time off the server to mature myself and think. When I was on Loka, I loved the community and the conquest that the server has. I appealed my ban previously in July of 2019. I think now that it was a bad appeal and didn't really show why I wanted to appeal in the first place. I've started streaming again which has also helped me transition to a more PG vocabulary. Once again, I would like to say very sorry to everyone publicly.

FroggyFruit1357

Topaz has had plenty of time off the server in my opinion. He's genuinely fun to be around now and doesn't act like that annoying little cousin anymore. I would like to see him come back, he has plenty of time to play on the server and make a difference in the community.
+1 Appeal is much improved

mindblaster007

I went back to his last appeal and started reading. He has had a temp-ban and a permanent ban for racial slurs. People have been and are being persecuted by racists in all countries. In the US it’s not that common any more but racism is a global issue. Personally, there is no reason for being racist. A racist comment isn’t just something you goofily say. There was a reason why you did it and I don’t think you’ve had enough time or matured enough yet. Until he knows why he’s done it I don’t think he deservers an unban. I will wholeheartedly support his appeal when he can give us the reason why he did what he did, and does it remorsefully. This won’t be easy but it will prove you’ve truly learned your lesson.

LeafShardYT

+1 Absolutely love this dude he's been like a brother to me throughout these past couple of months. He really has matured from his annoying old self, he was young and made these slurs as something he thought was funny but has really matured as a person and sees that what he did is wrong. He's been of the server now for a good long time and I would love to see him come back.

RageWithIn_

+1 I know what Topazaz did was bad and not in anyway good behavior, but I do agree with Froggy. He has apologized and has matured greatly over the months. He knows what he did was wrong and has changed in many ways for the better, and I too would love to see him back on.

mindblaster007

Also, I would like to point out in his last appeal it was made clear that even his friends didn’t have much faith in him and thought the ban should stay...

FroggyFruit1357

I don’t think you’ve had enough time or matured enough yet.
Considering his previous appeal was over seven months ago, I think it's been a pretty large amount of time. Anyone who's been in a voice call with him in the past 3 months will agree with me that he has 100% matured. I don't think you've talked to Topaz from the time he was banned to now if you've even talked to him at all. I don't see any evidence that he hasn't matured coming from your argument. The amount of time someone should be banned is completely subjective and up to the staff.

Also, I would like to point out in his last appeal it was made clear that even his friends didn’t have much faith in him and thought the ban should stay...
Yet again, his last appeal was 7 months ago, and at that time he hadn't really matured. You can tell this by the obvious change in tone on this appeal. I, along with all his other friends have faith in him. Not 100% sure what you were trying to say with that last reply.

Jammin_Mas

Slicer

If his last appeal was closer I would agree with you but a significant amount of time has passed since his last appeal. Not to mention he was banned before that too.

I’m going to +1 as a feel this is a sincere appeal but racial slurs in main chat are no joke and I hope you have learned from your mistakes.

Terryn_Greystone

Slicer
I hadn't heard anything about this until now, but his apoology looks like a lot of effort was put into it, and he really seems to mean it! He deserves a second chance! +1

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
After having discussed this internally, we have decided to lift the ban. We feel the apology is sincere and you have matured/changed the way you act during your time away from the server. I would like to stress though, we will not be giving you warnings and second chances in the future like we do other players. So, please be extra careful to follow the server rules. I look forward to seeing your contributions to the community moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back