Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Why do you play Loka?

Why do you play on Loka

• Raiding / Thievery (or what it once was)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Territories / World PvP

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Battlegrounds / Arenas / Minigames

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lore / Story

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Town Building

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Community

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Just a nice, short and sweet poll. The more people we can get to vote here the better feel we can get for the reason we have most of our players. I know Raiding is gone, basically, but it wasn't in the before-time and some people came here for raiding, hence why it's an option.

Choose two!

Lazuli73

Slicer
Wish I can choose all :(

Pretty much. I have been on the server for over two years and I just love it. I literary started playing Loka the day I got Minecraft, so I was a fresh mind for the server to mold. Loka helped me become the person I am today, and I will never give up on the server no matter what problems it has today. Crypt gave me the Gift of Endurance for a reason and I will always honor and cherish it.

2015-07-21_17.52.19.png

Ronshaud

Slicer
Pretty much. I have been on the server for over two years and I just love it. I literary started playing Loka the day I got Minecraft, so I was a fresh mind for the server to mold. Loka helped me become the person I am today, and I will never give up on the server no matter what problems it has today. Crypt gave me the Gift of Endurance for a reason and I will always honor and cherish it.

View attachment 359
I also joined the same day I got minecraft... And it made me who I am, I'm also not going to quit. Too bad I couldn't be there to get the gift of endurance though :(

Jedoi

Slicer
I got Minecraft a few months before joining Loka, but until I found this server over two years ago, I barely had a reason to play the game. Loka has impacted my real life in so many ways, and I too will never quit. I will also, Laz, never forget the honour I felt when being given the Gift of Endurence.

Zor95

Slicer
You can only vote for two but community is a third reason I'm still here after 4 years. The others are towns and raiding, though mostly towns now obviously. I really enjoy the freedom to build whatever I might imagine whether it's a structure, a landscape, or a redstone machine. It's not so simple on other servers (or lag free).

Kobeyador

Slicer
People have joined this server for many reasons. I joined this server only a few months after Magpie on the first map. However, loka has changed into something far from the Artifact that earned my loyalty all those years ago. I keep hanging on hoping that loka would reclaim some of its former glory. However, this might just be the ramblings of a nostalgic old fool.

Kobeyador

Slicer
Wouldnt people like danger of the raiding and tnt cannons?
I prefer the possibility of raids/raiding. Even if that means tnt cannons/ piston machines. However, some people who enjoy just building hates the idea of having to put up ugly tnt/piston proof walls up.

Ronshaud

Slicer
Wouldnt people like danger of the raiding and tnt cannons?

I prefer the possibility of raids/raiding. Even if that means tnt cannons/ piston machines. However, some people who enjoy just building hates the idea of having to put up ugly tnt/piston proof walls up.
If those were brought back, I hope Crypt implements something like the walls will rebuild itself after so and so minutes of the raid

EastBowmen

Slicer
If those were brought back, I hope Crypt implements something like the walls will rebuild itself after so and so minutes of the raid
I'd say after 3 hours? Raids can take a while and it'd be annoying to have the walls regening mid-raid.

Lazuli73

Slicer
One look at Dellsmite and you can say with effort cannon-proof walls can look nice (ego-stroke). The problem shouldn't be that they look bad, the problem should be that they take forever to build and with the lack of obsidian generators in 1.8 they will take even longer.

Kobeyador

Slicer
I actually would like to see the possibility to place explosive charges(tnt) that would "break blocks" for breaching town walls. However, have the "Broken blocks" replaced with intangible versions of the clear blocks used when placing tgens/structures. This allows for those blocks to not be destroyed and allows them to be repaired after a "repair period".

Nightcolt

Originally I joined with a friend, who brought another friend, with the idea that we'd build ourselves a town hidden in a mountain somewhere. Long story short they got bored after day 1 and I was left to do as I pleased. At first there didn't seem to be much to hang around for, but the community kept me there and brought me back after my little 2-3 month absence. Some people were pretty friendly, I could have a little chat with them and the like, and that was nice. Hanging around more, I got involved in some of the PvP games a few times, VOTA and that sort of thing, and found those to be pretty enjoyable. Those sorts of games create a nice little zone where I can go 'all-in' with my fighting in a way which is competitive but lacks the antagonism of shanking one another in the 'real' Loka world. So I have fun, partly because of PvP, partly because of the folk in the community.

Toiongo

Slicer
I've began playing on the artifact because it was a vanilla PVP server with no limitations towards killing, stealing and destroying homes of others. It has been very exciting to try and survive in a completely wild environment with no rules and with all the freedom you can get. As it has turned out, it was even more exciting to do it together with other players.

Loka today has much more rules in regards to everything, but it has kept its charm of collective survival. It no longer has the feeling of a dangerous place that the artifact was, but it has attracted new people into the mix and they would probably not enjoy that atmosphere as much as i did. I've stayed to see the community grow and town system expand, but, to me, without some form of competitiveness Loka might become pretty stale. Well, there's always hope for the new world.

I also have to finish at least one goddamn project i've set out to do.

Last edited:
Back