Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Why do you play Loka?

Why do you play on Loka

• Raiding / Thievery (or what it once was)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Territories / World PvP

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Battlegrounds / Arenas / Minigames

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lore / Story

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Town Building

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Community

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

Wolfegger

Slicer
I played for several years on some survival servers that are very good, but I learned about factions and then towny. The idea appealed to me--that my work and building would contribute to a greater cause (a town! an alliance!). That is the main reason I play on Loka. The introductory adventure hooked me. It would be cool to have more such adventures and group campaigns--I have never played WoW, but maybe that's something I should try.

turtlemaster01

Slicer
I like the way the pvp and town building is set up. unlike other major servers that try something like this loka takes this to a whole new level by making it more challenging and less grind for 40 hours and you have everything you could ever want. Also the player base is fun and cool and I enjoy reading the forums cause the community isnt toxic like other servers.

Jedoi

Slicer
Banned? I thought. Why would they ban me?! I didn't do anything wrong.
I had played this server for two weeks, it was fun. I was ignored by everyone, true, but I enjoyed playing. Fine. I thought, I'll find an even better server! I went to google and searched Minecraft Servers, when I found Minecraftforum.net, I clicked and began scrolling, trying to find something that looks interesting. AwesomeCraft. DestinationEpic. These names sound stupid. I continued to scroll. What do I want in a server? I wondered to myself. Towns that I can join. A smaller community that will actually talk to me. I clicked a few buttons to narrow my search. Servers with ten or less people online. I passed all the ten people onlines, then the nine, and finally came to the servers with eight people online when something caught my eye. Loka: The Abandoned World. 8/40 people online. This looks interesting. I decided, clicking the name. Towns, theft, roleplay? Ooh, this sounds promising. I opened my minecraft and entered a new server IP: iron.minecraftarium.com. I joined, and waited for a moment as it loaded. Clicking the tab button to see the players, I saw several names. A few people welcomed me in the chat. JocelynReed, Artagan. One greeting I smiled at. "May the force be with you." A player named Cryptite said. I thenturned to the task ahead.

Welcome, Trainee.

And two and a half years later, I thought, sitting at my computer typing on the Loka Forums, I can confirm I definitely found a better server then the one I was banned from ages ago. In fact, I'm go as far as to say it's the best server in all of Minecraft. Building towns, creating a character for roleplay, hiding from.... or fighting... thieves, or enemies of my alliance. The COMMUNITY! We have the best server owner in history, the most terrific admins, so many different players and alliances and cities. I stopped typing momentarily and smiled. I'm so glad Loka: The Abandoned World, caught my eye. After all, I havn't gone a single day since March 28, 2013 without that Abandoned World in my thoughts.

Aaaaaand scene. *bows*

Lazuli73

Slicer
Reading things like this makes it all worth it.

I still remember the day I joined Loka too. It was Christmas of 2012, when my brother bought me Minecraft. He and my sister were already playing on the server for several weeks and I wanted to join the second I got my account. Come Christmas, I did, and I never looked back. Loka has been a real big part of my life, defining me as a individual person. Loka is the only Minecraft server I've ever played because I know no other servers could ever hold a candle to it. Is this biased? Extremely, but I don't care. I'll never stop playing the server because it is the only server like this and always will be.

Back